Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

brb1006

A particularly good angle of the lagoon and laser effects from the 4th of July tag last night. Safe to say the show designers have been getting their money's worth out of those new lasers that were added a few years ago.

It's also a great example of just how much more could be done for a nighttime show on the lagoon WITHOUT defaulting to projections and IP everywhere. The next evening show at Epcot (interim or permanent) should takes its cue from RoE and RoL and be more than just another Disney clip show. Improve the infrastructure that is already there - new fountain jets, updated Syncrolights, new pavilion rim lighting with full spectrum LED floods, new fire effects while keeping the lagoon torches - and wrap it in a new flowing soundtrack. Certainly there is room for projection mapping to enhance the show (older versions of IllumiNations actually did to a degree) but in moderation.

Let MK have the projection clip show, and let DHS have the "hot new IPs" one. Keep Epcot's show unique, original, and playing to its strengths: lasers, orchestral score, grand fountains, high and low level pyro - all done in an immersive theater-in-the-round setting.

They should also bring back the laser effects on the water fountains which was used for Laserphonic Fantasy as seen in this video in the beginning which was impressive for the 80's.

Last edited:

brb1006

They should, but it’d need a new laser barge.
I'm still amazed at the laser animation for the Dinosaur (Universe Of Energy) and Benjamin Franklin and Mark Twain on the Statue of Liberty (The American Adventure) before the quick montage of every attraction and characters from old Epcot. I'm still having a hard time guessing who that character is at 0:34 (Looks like a Drill Sergent).
In fact, can somebody make a gif of those two animations along with the ending laser montage showing various Epcot Center era icons.

FullSailDan

Is there a reason they never made a World Of Color in WDW? @marni1971

Because it's boring and the only reason CA has it is because they need to do something, anything at all, to get people into the park and away from DL in the evenings?

I've never heard anyone saw "WOW, I can't believe how amazing WOC was!"

IMDREW

Because it's boring and the only reason CA has it is because they need to do something, anything at all, to get people into the park and away from DL in the evenings?

I've never heard anyone saw "WOW, I can't believe how amazing WOC was!"
I’ve heard many people saying it actually.

@marni1971 you mean the version that premiered or the pre-premiere version. I’ve only heard the soundtrack of the latter and boy, does it flow 1000x better than whats there now.

brb1006

I’ve heard many people saying it actually.

@marni1971 you mean the version that premiered or the pre-premiere version. I’ve only heard the soundtrack of the latter and boy, does it flow 1000x better than whats there now.
Pre-premier version, I think this video has the older version?

Stripes

I thought they were almost the same with only a few differences in the pirates/villains section? Might be wrong though.

Regardless, World of Color is in my personal top 3. I loved the show the moment I laid eyes on it!

rle4lunch

I thought they were almost the same with only a few differences in the pirates/villains section? Might be wrong though.

Regardless, World of Color is in my personal top 3. I loved the show the moment I laid eyes on it!

The original definitely had the WOW factor that the current show doesn't. I was hoping for the same WOW factor seeing RoL, but those thoughts were in vain. Heck the show doesn't even have a climax.
https://goo.gl/images/1c8CRs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom