Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Marc Davis Fan

Ah, I was in the right ballpark, LOL

It's a shame Click-Bait uses such vague phrasing to get people worked up over. I'm guessing most people will assume within this year when he says "soon". This is (one of the reasons) why he gets criticism ...

He actually said "a few short months." But yeah, considering his well-deserved nickname, we shouldn't get worked up about anything he posts (at least not until a real WDWMagic insider confirms it!).

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
And how does Click-bait define "soon" (in terms of soon being when the new show debuts). "Soon" in Disney terms could be Summer 2020.

Pulling out the positorial statements...

"may be a few months away"

"scores and vocals recorded this week"

"an unannounced shakeup of the creative team working on the park's overhaul' the cause of the new timeline.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971, any idea if this new show will incorporate/ re-record any of the music to give it a fresh yet familiar feel to it much like the way Soarin' did with it's update? Would be an amazing way to let the diehard ROE fans still have something to hold on to going forward.
I’ve not much idea about the version settled on. I’ve heard everything from a refresh and update to a completely new production.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
@marni1971, any idea if this new show will incorporate/ re-record any of the music to give it a fresh yet familiar feel to it much like the way Soarin' did with it's update? Would be an amazing way to let the diehard ROE fans still have something to hold on to going forward.

But would the new music be more timeless, more relevant, and more Disney? :rolleyes:

nevol

From my brief discussions with CM's, it sounds like Disney wants to embrace the the retro-80s nature of the park while pushing it forward -- trying not to get stuck in 1982 but keeping in mind people's fond memories of the place. I can completely see them going back to EPCOT Center going forward.
Or Epcot World Center.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom