Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

The Empress Lilly

The new nighttime show will be a tough act to follow when it comes to the entire soundtrack.
For my liking they can replace the fireworks (not Disney's finest), the lasers (weren't they more impressive way back when etc?) and the barge (one day - hopefully before it's gone - I'll remember to bring my binoculars. But they can't ever, ever touch the music. It has now become an essential element of my EPCOT.

Like the Baroque Hoedown for the MK.... :'(

doctornick

Marni/Magic Feather-
Any chance Spaceship Earth would be included as a projection screen in the new show somehow? (understanding your limitiations to post info...)

Unless they radically changed the viewing arrangement (which seems silly considering how well it works for the park's capacity), I don't think they could realistically use SSE as part of any lagoon show.

But I feel like we might very well see an independent projection show using SSE at some point. Kinda like Awakenings and RoL in the same park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We're already on version 2.0. In the previous iterations of the Illuminations show, the central earth barge was a solid ball, onto which lasers projected shapes and images. Here's a look at the original one by daylight ... The current version is a huge upgrade from the original, though the technology is starting to look a little dated. The main guest complaint seems to be its relatively small size for the large scale of World Showcase lagoon, but that can't change significantly unless there are modifications to the waterway and bridge between China and the African Outpost, which appear unlikely at this point.

An inflatable could potentially be used for a larger projection surface (similar to Fantasmic! at TDS), but that introduces a new variety of limitations that may not be worth it (not to mention how silly they look when being inflated/deflated during the show)

Is there any reason they couldn't put out a permanent larger ball on the lake? If it was covered in LED screens, it could put on a continuous show.

So how did the Epcot "name change" go without being reported by our insiders here? Sounds like there's more going on at Epcot than has been hinted at (see, trying to get back on topic ...)

As @marni1971 said, it's not signed onto yet. There would be no need to talk about it, then, especially if the name change is simply going all caps and adding a tag or prefix to it. Unless you didn't like the idea, then you would breathlessly pop onto the forums and declare Disney is creating a catastrophe and it's the end of life as we know it and then make a comment about our country's chief executive, and declare Disney is dead and corrupt and use childish names for Disney's current leaders.

No, 3þ©°τ ©3(\)τ3®

TBH, the best way to describe the plan is RoL+ RoE+ ______
The blank is on purpose.

+ Starbright Holidays!

First of all I am not a kid. Second of all I have a very personal connection with the park and to me hearing RoE is being replaced is akin to a death in the family.

You talk about Disney as if it were a family member who embarrassed you, was legally disowned, and became a hobo. So, I find your tears for RoE to be a bit crocodilish.

mouse_luv

RoE is voiced by Jim Cummings, voice of Winnie.

Yep. Except everytime I hear his announcements I picture Chief Powhatan (which he's also the voice of). Now that would be cool if it was done intentionally in the new show.

Anyway, I think one of the biggest things I'll be sad if they go with the show is when he blows the torches out. That's one of my fave parts of the whole thing.

Oh and with the name--EPC°o°T! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom