Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

FigmentJedi

From my brief discussions with CM's, it sounds like Disney wants to embrace the the retro-80s nature of the park while pushing it forward -- trying not to get stuck in 1982 but keeping in mind people's fond memories of the place. I can completely see them going back to EPCOT Center going forward.
Is that why they want to throw Mr. Meme Lord's Wild Quip Fest into Energy? Because it's so retro 80s?

PuertoRekinSam

It would have to be "Disney EPCOT", wouldn't it? They seem to be doing away with the possessives -- When DCA changed its name it went from "Disney's California Adventure" to the radically different "Disney California Adventure" . . . must have something to do with image?

I'm just glad they don't seem to be looking at a bigger departure -- nobody needs "Club 'COT", or anything of that ilk.

I heard this was part of Steve Job's influence when he was on the board. It's like the Apple iPhone.. not Apple's iPhone. The removal of the possessive makes it the definitive version.

(Just like Prince Charming Regal Carousel)

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
First of all I am not a kid. Second of all I have a very personal connection with the park and to me hearing RoE is being replaced is akin to a death in the family.
You've really gone off the deep end here. You have admitted to only being in your 20's - so yes, you are a kid. Second, someone who has only visited WDW a few times, and not in the last decade, can claim no such personal connection to anything there. Get real.

Tony the Tigger

I heard this was part of Steve Job's influence when he was on the board. It's like the Apple iPhone.. not Apple's iPhone. The removal of the possessive makes it the definitive version.

(Just like Prince Charming Regal Carousel)

From what I understand, an apostrophe can also mess up or make confusing common internet things like search engine results, hashtags, website addresses, etc. Easier and cleaner to have no punctuation, dashes, etc.

Kman101

You've really gone off the deep end here. You have admitted to only being in your 20's - so yes, you are a kid. Second, someone who has only visited WDW a few times, and not in the last decade, can claim no such personal connection to anything there. Get real.

Technically, no, you are not a kid if you are in your 20s. Just because you view them that way, legally, they are an adult. Just a minor quip I have. This is not towards you, but why do people insist on using "kid" as a put down. You don't know what someone's life experience is. Someone at a young age can go through more than someone in their 60s..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom