Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I see both points. They look really nice and I'd hate to see them go, yet they shouldn't stay if they don't fit with the new show.

Well, the trees and lamposts and booths don't fit with RoE, and yet, they're there lakeside.

It just makes sense to keep a practical effect that could be used in some way rather than rip them out and then want to put them back in for a future show. Even if it isn't used in the next show, it can still be the 15 minute sign the shows about to begin.

Unless the torches' infrastructure needs a too costly repair, I hope they stay.

RSoxNo1

The highs are beautiful, but it has a few unmemorable lows, in my opinion of course.
I think the lows in a piece of music like that need the visuals of the show to accent them. Considering River of Lights visuals, I'm not sure we can properly assess the lows in the music.

MaximumEd

Think underwater and underground gas pipes.

That should be no big deal, as there are gas lines underground and under water all over the country. I do cathodic protection on gas lines for a living. In its most simplistic form, its bonding a steel gas line to another, more reactive, metal like magnesium to protect the steel. Or, plastic pipe has been used since the 70’s for pressures below 60psi. It’s nothing Disney can’t handle. Boring in new pipe also isn’t a problem if their design life is coming to an end.

TTA94

That other site said that permits were filed today for the real replacement. No talk of the interim show.

Was also mentioned about a platform being installed and barge anchors? I was under the impression the new barges would be moving like RoL?

TTA94

This is going to be a giant WOC.

As amazing as it would be seeing World Showcase lagoon erupt in fountains... sadly it appears that isn’t the plan. IMO it should be a giant WoC based off Sea Worlds Ignite and Universals Cinematic Celebration. Illuminations should be those and then some!

RoL IMO would have been way more popular had they done what Universal did. Tech wise RoL is impressive but how many guests actually pay attention to that? For many it’s all visual.

Last edited:

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
When they announced the closing of Wishes, I was VERY worried because we never know which Disney we're gonna get. Are we getting the one that still knows how to wow us?(a la projection tech for the castle) Or are we getting the budget cut half done version (Little Mermaid attraction)? Note: Those are both my opinion for reference, not trying to debate either.

HEA showed us the "wow us" side of Disney does still exist and when they put their mind to it, they're fantastic. In fact, I had breakfast with Bob Gurr and he said "HEA shows the talent is still in Anaheim"

Anyway, I again strike the same question, which Disney are we going to get? I have to say that after HEA, I'm more hopeful we'll get a great replacement. I have attachments to Illuminations like many others and certainly more than I did to Wishes, but I'm also always looking for Disney to push the envelope and take it to another level. Hopefully that's exactly what they do.

jrhwdw

When they announced the closing of Wishes, I was VERY worried because we never know which Disney we're gonna get. Are we getting the one that still knows how to wow us?(a la projection tech for the castle) Or are we getting the budget cut half done version (Little Mermaid attraction)? Note: Those are both my opinion for reference, not trying to debate either.

HEA showed us the "wow us" side of Disney does still exist and when they put their mind to it, they're fantastic. In fact, I had breakfast with Bob Gurr and he said "HEA shows the talent is still in Anaheim"

Anyway, I again strike the same question, which Disney are we going to get? I have to say that after HEA, I'm more hopeful we'll get a great replacement. I have attachments to Illuminations like many others and certainly more than I did to Wishes, but I'm also always looking for Disney to push the envelope and take it to another level. Hopefully that's exactly what they do.
I'm not worried about the real replacement,( not yet) I do wonder what we're going to get for the interim show. You worried Martin?

Kman101

I’ll admit to saying it (the original)

It has potential to be great. Doesn't it often get "messed with" so to speak? I think it'd be more of a benefit to let it run as designed. I think more would say "wow". Celebrate was when they got it right. Other than that, while nice, I think it's a bit of a miss - of potential (though that doesn't make it bad at all). JMO of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom