Rumor New nighttime show at Epcot

Kman101

The foliage in Epcot full stop has run rampant in too many areas. When did you last see The Lands frontage in all its section-of-the-Earth splendour? Or the full intricate facade of Mexico?

I agree though. Care needs to be taken.

Do they have that care? They should. But they don't seem to. You seemed positive about a year or two ago that things were moving in a decent direction. Maybe not the best direction for you personally but you seem a little less enthused and more wary. Is it because they can't seem to decide what to do or it's the plans they have for long-term (not saying financed and ready to go but just long-term plans waiting to get the go ahead) that have you and others seeing it like another Magic Kingdom? Just looking for a bit of perspective on the whole thing, if you can give any. I know you're a man of few words sometimes ;)

Apparently adding shade to Toy Story Land is maintenance's problem (is that true?)

TTA94

I hope no one truly believed a parade was coming. They'd never make that kind of investment right now. Although a water pageant isn't the worst thought in the world.

Or the return of Tapestry of Nations, or something similar that would work better.

Kman101

Or the return of Tapestry of Nations, or something similar that would work better.

I'd love something like that again. I get, operationally, why they might not want a parade, but it felt like a budget cut not because it was operationally difficult. AK and Epcot have massive lagoons that can both put on a daytime parade on the water. The will just has to be there. Shame it isn't. I can understand not wanting a parade around World Showcase (hello, Festival booths and crowds, LOL) but on the water? And same for AK. I get it's tight, and probably not safe or smart, but you have a lagoon sitting empty all day. Do something with it! lol

Kman101

Anyone who believes Tapestry will return lives in Fantasyland.

They wouldn't resurrect something they killed. It'd be like saying we made a mistake. But I'm sure they'd find a way to play homage to it in order to sell a shirt or a pin. lol. I'd believe that more than I believe it ever coming back. Can we get Spectro back then too? Just rebuilt and even better? Again, so not likely under this regime. I really want them to prove me wrong.

TTA94

Anyone who believes Tapestry will return lives in Fantasyland.
They wouldn't resurrect something they killed. It'd be like saying we made a mistake. But I'm sure they'd find a way to play homage to it in order to sell a shirt or a pin. lol. I'd believe that more than I believe it ever coming back. Can we get Spectro back then too? Just rebuilt and even better? Again, so not likely under this regime. I really want them to prove me wrong.

Would anyone who believes Spectro will return, in some way, also be living in Fantasyland? Lol.

Kman101

Even more frustrating is that Disney's Animal Kingdom has a full on amphitheater on the lagoon doing nothing the entire day until Rivers of Light.

Unfortunately for us, these things cost money. But you'd think *someone* would see a lagoon sitting all day empty, in two parks (actually three if you count Fantasmic!'s theater, and I do) and want to do something about it. I'm sure WDW execs see it as saving money, while others higher up think it's wasted space.

mikejs78

Premium Member
They wouldn't resurrect something they killed.

They wouldn't, would they?

latest

Kman101

They wouldn't, would they?

latest

To be fair, it was never "dead" ;) Despite the "going away" every few years thing they did.

I will always have nostalgia towards that parade. My first night parade as a kid at WDW. I never accepted Spectro until I was an adult and it was too late to really appreciate it (the Spectro Men creeped me out big time! lol). But that thing needs to stay dead this time. I adore it but it's way past it's expiration date. It's too bad they didn't give it the update it deserved, same for Spectro. No reason they can't be each park's "Dreamlights" so to speak.

brb1006

To be fair, it was never "dead" ;) Despite the "going away" every few years thing they did.

I will always have nostalgia towards that parade. My first night parade as a kid at WDW. I never accepted Spectro until I was an adult and it was too late to really appreciate it (the Spectro Men creeped me out big time! lol). But that thing needs to stay dead this time. I adore it but it's way past it's expiration date. It's too bad they didn't give it the update it deserved, same for Spectro. No reason they can't be each park's "Dreamlights" so to speak.
I remember during Spectromagic's final two years, the Spectromen (Now as face characters) were given more lights on their costumes making their faces more visible. As a result, they were more expressive and smiled more often during the parade's final years as seen in this video.

Last edited:

Kman101

I remember during Spectromagic final two years, the Spectromen (Now as face characters) were given more lights on their costumes making their faces more visible. As a result, they were more expressive and smiled more often during the parade's final years as seen in this video.

They were just so creepy for me as a kid. LOL. I forgot about that. I didn't really get to the parks at all during Spectro's last few years. I took a Disney break from around 2009-2013 (during the worst of the stagnation years).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom