New Monorail To Be Pearl?

Monorail_Red

Red is my least favorite (Sorry, Monorail Red...) because it is VERY unforgiving on going over the speed limit. When drivers are being chosen for the exit, Red is avoided like the plague.

I was the one that said Gold runs better from Cab 6, and its still true.

Purple's Cab 6 horn was, as Mr.Epcot said, absolutely ridiculous sounding. It sounded like a clown car and the first time I hit it I about laughed my you-know-what off.

And, like Mr.Epcot, Orange is my favorite :)

Oh and I hear a door fell off of Green a few weeks ago at the Flo...

Silver slides HORRIBLY coming to a stop. Thats another train to avoid for the exit.

I always thought that Lime slides??

Lime is the fastest one too if I remember correctly. The speedometer must be off because it sounds & feels like the motors are going faster than the other trains.

& Cab 6 of Purple had the crazy horn

EPCOT Explorer

Red is my least favorite (Sorry, Monorail Red...) because it is VERY unforgiving on going over the speed limit. When drivers are being chosen for the exit, Red is avoided like the plague.

I was the one that said Gold runs better from Cab 6, and its still true.

Purple's Cab 6 horn was, as Mr.Epcot said, absolutely ridiculous sounding. It sounded like a clown car and the first time I hit it I about laughed my you-know-what off.

And, like Mr.Epcot, Orange is my favorite :)

Oh and I hear a door fell off of Green a few weeks ago at the Flo...

Silver slides HORRIBLY coming to a stop. You can pull the same manuever coming to a stop in any other train, but you will stop 10 feet farter in Silver. Thats another train to avoid for the exit. Also its Cab 1 horn starts weak and gets super loud like "ffffffffffFFFFF-WAAAAAAAAA"

Purple Cab 1 had my absolute favorite horn, responsive and LOUD.
We've noticed.:dazzle::lol: We started stopping pretty quickly, I thought.

board57796

I always thought that Lime slides??

Lime is the fastest one too if I remember correctly. The speedometer must be off because it sounds & feels like the motors are going faster than the other trains.

& Cab 6 of Purple had the crazy horn

Lime will slide more somedays, and other days will pull up perfectly fine, Silver seems to consistently slide. Lime is fast, as was Purple. I had Purple hitting 42 (and not getting an overspeed warning, which occurs at 2mph over the speed limit) on Epcot.

Also the beacon light above Cab 1 in Black is REALLY loud and you can hear it pinging all night. You will see Pilots get out of Black really ed off because of that lol.

board57796

We've noticed.:dazzle::lol: We started stopping pretty quickly, I thought.

Well sliding is more the final 5mph before you stop. So you can come into a station at 15 in Silver, go to B-4 and begin to slow down just as quickly as any other train, but just as you get to around 6-5mph all the sudden you just...keep going, then make the final stop. You usually end up a few feet past the reflector to stop, which is when the platform CMs begin to clap and point at you :brick:

EPCOT Explorer

Well sliding is more the final 5mph before you stop. So you can come into a station at 15 in Silver, go to B-4 and begin to slow down just as quickly as any other train, but just as you get to around 6-5mph all the sudden you just...keep going, then make the final stop. You usually end up a few feet past the reflector to stop, which is when the platform CMs begin to clap and point at you :brick:

Right...Won't that go on your record?

JML42691

I have no knowledge, but I would assume not, unless if going beyond that point would give you a Red MAPO and thus an E-Stop, I can recall at least 3 times in the past 2 years where I have been on a monorail that overshot the stopping point at the station by several feet and we had to back up a few feet. This past trip it happened while I was returning to MK and the gates at the station were off by about 5 feet before we backed up. I recall riding Pink and Silver that trip, so if we were riding Silver than that would explain it. If it happens that often then I doubt it would be recorded like that, but that is just my opinion.

board57796

Do you mean going too far? No "overshooting" is pretty common, you'll see trains reverse a foot or so a lot.

Now if you are an entire car or more out thats when you can get in trouble. Usually they just warn/embarass you over the radio by a coordinator who sees the offense saying

"Green.....are your brakes working ok?"
"[quietly]....10-4"
"Ok, just making sure..."

But if they see you do it again you can get a VOCP (Violation of Clearance Procedures), same as an Overrun (RED Mapo)

EPCOT Explorer

Overshooting a station might not go on your record..but maybe that person that caused a door alert at 45...tossing them out of the train! :fork: hehe

I have no knowledge, but I would assume not, unless if going beyond that point would give you a Red MAPO and thus an E-Stop, I can recall at least 3 times in the past 2 years where I have been on a monorail that overshot the stopping point at the station by several feet and we had to back up a few feet. This past trip it happened while I was returning to MK and the gates at the station were off by about 5 feet before we backed up. I recall riding Pink and Silver that trip, so if we were riding Silver than that would explain it. If it happens that often then I doubt it would be recorded like that, but that is just my opinion.

Do you mean going too far? No "overshooting" is pretty common, you'll see trains reverse a foot or so a lot.

Now if you are an entire car or more out thats when you can get in trouble. Usually they just warn/embarass you over the radio by a coordinator who sees the offense saying

"Pink.....are you brakes working ok?"
"[quietly]....10-4"
"Ok, just making sure..."

But if they see you do it again you can get a VOCP (Violation of Clearance Procedures), same as an Overrun (RED Mapo)

Ah...Interesting, guys! :D

I'm guessing you all have been pilots?:wave: I mighta seen you in the past year or so!

Monorail_Red

When the e-presentation is back up I'll try to grab a screenshot of it.

I'm not trying to say you are wrong, but it's just one of thoes things that I just HAVE to know! :D

peter11435

This one: http://flickr.com/photos/irishnh/2969974719/sizes/o/

This pic is several years old. There must have been another train with deltas other than Lime and Coral before the fleet was repainted.

I don't think that it is a photoshop because I saw the same train (not same picture) in the e-presentation for the WDWCP.
There has never been a train painted that way. Lime and Coral are the only two trains ever to have deltas.

lazyboy97o

I've also seen it on the (official) WDWCP e-presentation video going by SSE. Can't be photoshopped.

This pic is several years old. There must have been another train with deltas other than Lime and Coral before the fleet was repainted.

I don't think that it is a photoshop because I saw the same train (not same picture) in the e-presentation for the WDWCP.
Disney might be using it, but it has clearly been altered. Look at that stripe. The blue stripe touching the window of Cab 5 would be the most obvious problem. If you look around the delta, the colors are distorted. There is also a lighter shade of blue randomly sitting on the nose.

Figment1986

it looks like someone touched up Monorail lime... at least from my monitor I see some of lime's stripe peaking through.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom