New Monorail To Be Pearl?

Mr.EPCOT

It's a bit darker shade of Yellow. A friend of mine was half-joking, half-speculating that perhaps it was the original color, and had just faded over the years.

As I understand it, fully painting a train takes several weeks.

Monorail_Red

It's a bit darker shade of Yellow. A friend of mine was half-joking, half-speculating that perhaps it was the original color, and had just faded over the years.

As I understand it, fully painting a train takes several weeks.
I wonder if Monorail Lime was a different shade before last time it was painted. when it had the blue deltas, it looked more like a pear-green. Now it's like a brighter shade.

This has turned into such an interesting thread, BTW.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Someone was decapitated in Space Mountan, they never replaced that (until now). I agree they shouldn't make such a big deal out of this.

Well in part because the accident you refer to never happened and is just myth. So no, not much to make a big deal over.

Goofnut1980

My question is.. Why do we need colors on them.. Make them all match... Its not like they use color coding for guests... You do not take monorail red only to Epcot... so why not make them all match shiny and new!

Also, I know that the new line went to DL... when were the ones in WDW replaced last? and are we due for new ones? :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

My question is.. Why do we need colors on them.. Make them all match... Its not like they use color coding for guests... You do not take monorail red only to Epcot... so why not make them all match shiny and new!

Also, I know that the new line went to DL... when were the ones in WDW replaced last? and are we due for new ones? :shrug:

Not for a while...10 years or so. I think.

board57796

Thats our main way of identifying which train we are in. All our radio codes are based around the color, its just the easiest way.

The MkVI trains were brought on line in 1991-ish.

Monorail_Red

Like was said above, the colors are to identify the trains.

Mark VI Blue came on line in '89 I believe and Coral came on line in '93 if I'm not mistaken.

I think that the WDW monorail is at it's largest capicity, as in they are at their capicity. The Mark IV's were too, but the Mark VI's are composite, and that allowed for more passengers to ride (weight limits on the beams)

But what I'm trying to say is, I think that they can't really do anything more to increase capcity other than add more trains. Like adding another car isn't possible because they are at the weight limit, plus the stations aren't long enough to accomodate longer trains.

In other words, if they got new Monorails, there couldn't be an increase in capacity. I could be wrong.

Just my 2 cents worth

Mr.EPCOT

I believe there is the possibility to increase the capacity on the trains by making new ones so that you can walk all the way from one end to the other internally.

EPCOT Explorer

I believe there is the possibility to increase the capacity on the trains by making new ones so that you can walk all the way from one end to the other internally.

They have it in Japan.:D....It could easily be done here. I think it's already in Vegas. I know they have something new. (Might be driverless...I will have to check.)

EpcotServo

They have it in Japan.:D....It could easily be done here. I think it's already in Vegas. I know they have something new. (Might be driverless...I will have to check.)

But their Monorail IS run by the Government's Train System (All rail systems with more than one station is run with oversight, hence why Tokyo Disneyland is the only Magic Kingdom without a train running around it. ), you have to pay to use it, and...it is Japan. All reasons they won't do that.

:lol: :dazzle:

Rob562

The other problem with making monorail trains that you can walk from car to car is height. Those only work in Japan because the trains sit much higher off the beam and you can walk over top of the load-bearing wheels. (Though I admit that off the top of my head I don't know if they have only a few load-bearing tires, or many smaller ones along the length of the car)

On the Mark VI trains, the wheels are giant truck tires pretty much at the same level as the benches on either end of the car. When you're in the monorail, look at the sloped wall at either end. Immediately on the other side of that is a giant truck tire. If you wanted to walk "through" to the next car, you'd have to get past *two* of those tires.

If they were to raise the trains higher, it would require another modification to ALL stations, as well as another reconstruction of the Contemporary openings.

-Rob

Gringrinngghost

When will we be getting the Mark VII or Mark VIII Monorail Disney Lands Mark V operated for 22 Years and this year will be the Mark VI 21st year of Operation. And in wake of the Fatal Monorail Crash I hope They Put cameras on the Monorail like the Mark VII.

DisneyBoi1215

When will we be getting the Mark VII or Mark VIII Monorail Disney Lands Mark V operated for 22 Years and this year will be the Mark VI 21st year of Operation. And in wake of the Fatal Monorail Crash I hope They Put cameras on the Monorail like the Mark VII.

EPCOT Explorer already answered this question at the top of this page. 10 years or so. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

But their Monorail IS run by the Government's Train System (All rail systems with more than one station is run with oversight, hence why Tokyo Disneyland is the only Magic Kingdom without a train running around it. ), you have to pay to use it, and...it is Japan. All reasons they won't do that.

:lol: :dazzle:
But...but...but...Vegas!?:brick::ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer already answered this question at the top of this page. 10 years or so. :wave:
Thank you!

lazyboy97o

The Las Vegas Monorails do not allow guests to walk between cars.

The other problem with making monorail trains that you can walk from car to car is height. Those only work in Japan because the trains sit much higher off the beam and you can walk over top of the load-bearing wheels. (Though I admit that off the top of my head I don't know if they have only a few load-bearing tires, or many smaller ones along the length of the car)
The original Alweg design (Seatlle Monorail) and Hitachi designs (Tokyo Disney Resort Line) use sets of smaller wheels.

s8film40

On the Mark VI trains, the wheels are giant truck tires pretty much at the same level as the benches on either end of the car. When you're in the monorail, look at the sloped wall at either end. Immediately on the other side of that is a giant truck tire. If you wanted to walk "through" to the next car, you'd have to get past *two* of those tires.

If they were to raise the trains higher, it would require another modification to ALL stations, as well as another reconstruction of the Contemporary openings.

-Rob

Bombardier proposed a MVI monorail almost identical to the Mark VI monorails at Disney for Seattle that was walkthrough it can be done with little to no modification to the stations. This would be ideal for WDW since they could automate the trains like Las Vegas but unlike Las Vegas the front and rear window viewing would still be available to guests.

Goofnut1980

Thats our main way of identifying which train we are in. All our radio codes are based around the color, its just the easiest way.

The MkVI trains were brought on line in 1991-ish.

Thanks!!!! you all are a wealth of knowledge... Totally never thought about radio codes... :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom