New Monorail To Be Pearl?

Figment82

I've always found it interesting that people refer to Coral and Lime's white sections as "deltas" when a delta is a triangle shape (see the Greek letter 'delta'). The shape on the monorails is a trapezoid, but very rarely do people call it as such.

board57796

I've always found it interesting that people refer to Coral and Lime's white sections as "deltas" when a delta is a triangle shape (see the Greek letter 'delta'). The shape on the monorails is a trapezoid, but very rarely do people call it as such.

It just sounds so much more cool to say "Delta" :)

board57796

Lol! Well, now I know! :)

Speaking of the deltas on Coral and Lime, next time you look at Coral look closely at them. Someone must have had an "off" day when they were painting that train, because some of them have very sharp angled edges, while some of them are very shallow angles, and some are nearly vertical, and the stripe itself varies in width in different places.

So some are like this \_____/ some are like this |____/ and others are like this |_____| and combinations therein. They are also different lengths, some are the entire length of the big center window in the middle of the cars, and some are shorter, some a bit longer

JML42691

Speaking of the deltas on Coral and Lime, next time you look at Coral look closely at them. Someone must have had an "off" day when they were painting that train, because some of them have very sharp angled edges, while some of them are very shallow angles, and some are nearly vertical, and the stripe itself varies in width in different places.

So some are like this \_____/ some are like this |____/ and others are like this |_____| and combinations therein. They are also different lengths, some are the entire length of the big center window in the middle of the cars, and some are shorter, some a bit longer
Wow, I'm surprised Disney would let that slip through (unless if it were intentional, but how that could be intentional I have no clue).

Monorail_Red

I would love to see Lime get it's blue deltas back.

As a matter of fact, it is! The white paint on the deltas are chipping, and the old blue deltas are starting to resurface!

I wonder why they did that. Plus, some of the trains were missing the D's. Black and Purple had one missing. But now they aren't even painting them back on this time around.

Look at Silver. Without the D's it just looks like something is missing.

Mr.EPCOT

There's all kinds of paint job errors on the trains. Monorail Purple has segments of its stripe thinner than the rest. A couple trains have missing Disney World 'D's. Monorail Silver is missing them altogether after its last paint job. It's a perfect example of why some of us complain about the way WDW is managed. A couple you have said that you're surprised that Disney allows things like this, but it's the unfortunate current standard of quality. Disney of twenty years ago would have fixed things like that (probably wouldn't have let them go out that way in the first place) and the random overspeeds on Red, but they let them stand today.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Because delta isn't the shape - it's a 'difference'. It's the 'differentiator'.

You can create a 'delta' to differentiate two things, etc.

Mr.EPCOT

Last I heard, they are intentionally not repainting them on.
That was what it sounded like back around when Silver was getting repainted. Shortly afterwards, someone told me that the Monorail area manager indicated that it was a mistake and/or unintentional. Since then, Yellow was fully repainted with them on, so I think Silver must have just been a brain fart.

There's a little bit of a nice story behind the 'D's: the Mark IV trains only received them once they were approved for Guest service, much like a Pilot earning his wings. I don't believe this tradition was continued with the Mark IVs.

Monorail_Red

That was what it sounded like back around when Silver was getting repainted. Shortly afterwards, someone told me that the Monorail area manager indicated that it was a mistake and/or unintentional. Since then, Yellow was fully repainted with them on, so I think Silver must have just been a brain fart. There's a little bit of a nice story behind the 'D's: the Mark IV trains only received them once they were approved for Guest service, much like a Pilot earning his wings. I don't believe this tradition was continued with the Mark IVs.
Interesting!

Hopefully they are doing better paint jobs...

EPCOT Explorer

That was what it sounded like back around when Silver was getting repainted. Shortly afterwards, someone told me that the Monorail area manager indicated that it was a mistake and/or unintentional. Since then, Yellow was fully repainted with them on, so I think Silver must have just been a brain fart.

There's a little bit of a nice story behind the 'D's: the Mark IV trains only received them once they were approved for Guest service, much like a Pilot earning his wings. I don't believe this tradition was continued with the Mark IVs.

That's very interesting! Had no idea about that...

...Seeing that, they should really give Silver back it's wings.:D

Mr.EPCOT

Interesting!

Hopefully they are doing a better job with the paint jobs...

I think so. The shade of Yellow now throws some of us off a little, because it's just different enough for those of us who had seen it on a daily basis, but they seem to have done a quality job. Of course, I don't see the trains as much as I used to, either.

Monorail_Red

I think so. The shade of Yellow now throws some of us off a little, because it's just different enough for those of us who had seen it on a daily basis, but they seem to have done a quality job. Of course, I don't see the trains as much as I used to, either.

What kind of a different shade?

Any idea how long the paint process takes? Do they strip all the old paint off? I'm assuming it must take a while because it is a 200ft train...

board57796

What kind of a different shade?

Any idea how long the paint process takes? Do they strip all the old paint off? I'm assuming it must take a while because it is a 200ft train...

The paint booth is on Beam 10 in shop and it looks only big enough for one car at a time. I've driven through it coming into shop, its weird to drive through. Not sure how long it takes them, but the booth is at the entrance of the shop, so the train has to be sticking out of shop while its being painted I would assume.

_Scar

Someone was decapitated in Space Mountan, they never replaced that (until now). I agree they shouldn't make such a big deal out of this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom