New Monorail To Be Pearl?

Monorail_Red

Disney might be using it, but it has clearly been altered. Look at that stripe. The blue stripe touching the window of Cab 5 would be the most obvious problem. If you look around the delta, the colors are distorted. There is also a lighter shade of blue randomly sitting on the nose.

Starting to see that now. On the e-presentation it could be a color filter on Coral maybe. But this would be a random picture to photoshop.

JML42691

what are the deltas are you guys talking about in this picture?
The "break" in the color stripe, so instead of a continuous color stripe down the car, there is a break halfway down in the shape of what I believe is a trapezoid, this is what is referred to as the delta (from my understanding).

ifoceanscollide

it looks like someone touched up Monorail lime... at least from my monitor I see some of lime's stripe peaking through.

That's exactly what I thought. I zoomed in the screen and it looks like a bad photoshop job to change Lime to Blue. Maybe they thought Blue looked better for publicity purposes?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ok so now do we get a new set of monorail transportation cards!?!?!?! #19 can be pearl...:lookaroun One of my children is still missing 4....pearl sounds nice but hard to see til you get up close unless it has a significant border....

WDWFREAK53

Ummm...maybe we're all looking at this the wrong way.

Maybe the entire monorail will be painted pearl with a pink/purple band. It would really liven up the look of the trains.

WDW Monorail

What I have in the back of my head is that something else on either of the trains had to have been thrown out of place, not just in the cabs.
Kind of like in a car collision. I've been rear-ended while at a red light. There was some slight cosmetic damage, scratches and missing paint, but nothing to warrant a trip to the body shop. However, before leaving the scene, I checked to make sure that everything was ok under the car. The collision could have thrown off the steering bias, which it hadn't.

My point is that a 60 or so ton hunk of metal was thrown in to another 60 ton hunk of metal at 15 mph. I'd hope that both trains are entirely refurbished, mechanically and possibly structuarlly when necessary.

Monorail_Red

The "break" in the color stripe, so instead of a continuous color stripe down the car, there is a break halfway down in the shape of what I believe is a trapezoid, this is what is referred to as the delta (from my understanding).
Correct. The deltas on Coral help distinguish it from Pink, and the deltas on Lime is to distinguish if from Yellow and Green.

Ok so now do we get a new set of monorail transportation cards!?!?!?! #19 can be pearl...:lookaroun One of my children is still missing 4....pearl sounds nice but hard to see til you get up close unless it has a significant border....
19? There's only 12 trains...

That's exactly what I thought. I zoomed in the screen and it looks like a bad photoshop job to change Lime to Blue. Maybe they thought Blue looked better for publicity purposes?
I don't think that the picture is from Disney. There's another one similar to this on the WDWCP e-presentation and I will get a screenshot of it when it's back up/

What I have in the back of my head is that something else on either of the trains had to have been thrown out of place, not just in the cabs.
Kind of like in a car collision. I've been rear-ended while at a red light. There was some slight cosmetic damage, scratches and missing paint, but nothing to warrant a trip to the body shop. However, before leaving the scene, I checked to make sure that everything was ok under the car. The collision could have thrown off the steering bias, which it hadn't.

My point is that a 60 or so ton hunk of metal was thrown in to another 60 ton hunk of metal at 15 mph. I'd hope that both trains are entirely refurbished, mechanically and possibly structuarlly when necessary.
Most of the visual damage is just on the cabs, but there may also be chassis damage from what I heard like 2 or 3 cars in on each of the trains.

Personally I would like to see the 2 trains come back into service. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up taking cars 1-3 of Pink and cars 4-6 of Purple to get a 11th train back in service.

Remember, 64 tons coming to a dead stop at any speed = holy crap, could have thrown other things off as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom