New modern day costumes coming to American Adventure?

Vtlsgns2

Ladies and Gentlemen, Exhibit A in the accusation that Disney can't tailor a mens suit to save their lives. :eek:

Through absolutely no fault of the CM wearing this uniform, this suit looks lumpy, dumpy and frumpy. The shoulders are lumpy with sloppy epaulets slapped on them covering the cheap seams. The fit of the jacket is dumpy and looks more suitable to 40 pounds of potatoes than the human body, and the sleeves of the suit jacket are either too long or his shirt sleeves are too short, or likely both; there's no sign of a shirt under that jacket at his wrists as he bends his arms. But it's also easy to see the jacket length is way too long on his torso. He looks like he's wearing a 44 Long when he should be in a 42 Regular. The very generous break in his trousers isn't too bad, but it's not exactly good either.

Really, this poor CM looks like a cross between a used car salesman who has never known a tailor, and an Aeroflot flight attendant from the Soviet days when the home office in Moscow ran short of proper uniform sizes.

And if anyone thinks this suit actually looks acceptable, I'd like to speak to your tailor please. :mad:

Obviously CM's can't all be French fashion models, or have the absolute perfect fit and cut with bespoke uniform pieces. But if they are going to put CM's in business suits, they really need to try harder. It's embarassing, really.

Oh my goodness; this poor CM looks like a soup sandwich.

Captain Chaos

I mean AA could always be hosted by this guy:

captain-america-drawn.gif

And then the female CMs dress like this:

USO-girls-00.jpg

I_heart_Tigger

I am offended by the Canadian costume, can not speak for Germans and Japanese.

I wore the Canadian costume and even before my time working there I was never offended by them. The Canadian Costumes are by far the best costumes in the entire world showcase. They are distinct, very comfortable, suitable for the weather and give the laid back, casual style that Canadians are known for.

If you have any respect at all for the CM's in the Canadian pavilion don't fight the costume - embrace it or just ignore it and move on.

Tom

Beta Return
I wore the Canadian costume and even before my time working there I was never offended by them. The Canadian Costumes are by far the best costumes in the entire world showcase. They are distinct, very comfortable, suitable for the weather and give the laid back, casual style that Canadians are known for.

If you have any respect at all for the CM's in the Canadian pavilion don't fight the costume - embrace it or just ignore it and move on.

The opinions that matter the most come straight from the source! Thanks for your input on the costumes.

TP2000

Oh my goodness; this poor CM looks like a soup sandwich.

Yup, the poor guy. Disney simply does a horrible job at putting its CM's in business suits or any type of "costume" that uses clothing pieces that need traditional tailoring.

The point is, unless Disney wants to tailor these suits for these CM's, they shouldn't even be attempting this look. Because the result is dumpy and sloppy looking, and I'm just embarassed for the poor CM's who have to wear the cheap looking "suits".

Yeah, I'm not sure how Canada's costume is any more stereotype than the other countries. None of the costumes in WS represent 98% of the current wardrobe style of their respective cultures. Each costume is distinctively identifiable as belonging to their respective country. And then you get America, with a Holiday Inn suit. Because nothing says AMURUCA like a suit!

Minnie1976

I like the American Adventure and the costumes they wear. I really don't see what everyone's problem is. They are in colonial dress what is wrong with that. That is technically when our country started. Maybe a lot people need to visit Colonial Williamsburg and get a history lesson of how the U.S.A. or America began. The attraction inside takes us all the way up to modern times. A lot would be missing if the cast members were in modern day dress. Yes, we are Americans(that means we are from the U.S.A.)

I_heart_Tigger

Yes, that's about right for Canadians...touques, plaid, layers, beer...(wish we still had the "stubby" bottles, though). It may not be every Canadian in every region but in a country this large that's to be expected. The "upper Canadians" are generally excluded but I would say this look is pretty common for 7 of the 10 provinces and all 3 territories.

Oh, Canada...we love our plaid, our beer and our beaver :)

lazyboy97o

Canada has Justin Bieber and that is proof that they don't need to borrow anything from the USA!
Even he spent a good bit of time living here before became big. I guess being a jerk hockey player but still acting big is a somewhat Canadian trait, but plenty of others from northern states who come south that share that trait a well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom