New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

TP2000

I think these new heads are a big improvement over the old ones. Like so many other folks here, it's the much better eyes that make the difference. If they could have these also be the talking version of the character, so much the better.

Although personally, my favorite era of Mickey and Minnie is about 1957-1961 when they looked like this and they used to just wander around wherever. Even outside the park out on the curb at the Disneyland parking lot, like this February, 1960 photo.

Love that back flap on Minnie's head. Because, Walt.

Anscochrome_2_20_60_N39A.jpg

GiveMeTheMusic

I think these new heads are a big improvement over the old ones. Like so many other folks here, it's the much better eyes that make the difference. If they could have these also be the talking version of the character, so much the better.

Although personally, my favorite era of Mickey and Minnie is about 1957-1961 when they looked like this and they used to just wander around wherever. Even outside the park out on the curb at the Disneyland parking lot, like this February, 1960 photo.

Love that back flap on Minnie's head. Because, Walt.

Anscochrome_2_20_60_N39A.jpg

Could you imagine if Minnie walked around "topless" now? So many special snowflakes would be RUINED.

Cmdr_Crimson

Has Lola gotten an update speaking of Looney Tunes and Six Flags or even Marvin? I haven't seen Lola (At least at Six Flags Great Adventure since 2002) she might be seen in other Six Flags parks.

Not that much on the US Parks...Which is normally this and has not changed...
398023467hLfVjG_ph.jpg

There is 2 other versions for Park Warner & Warner Bros Movie World However...
12383531_952042301545699_1059559681_n.jpg
11313488_855507521194857_2066532352_n.jpg

JustInTime

It's interesting as they Did this to Bugs Bunny for the Six Flags Parks...My park Six Flags Great America was the Testing ground for the new versions that came in about 2001....
During the time I was "Good Friends" With Bugs He looked like this....:D
Yes This is Me in this outfit...
bugsme_zps2be4380e.jpg

Then....Came...*Sigh* The new Versions they rolled out and are still using in the Six Flags Parks today.....:banghead:
3602371108_8e22c15907.jpg
Th updated Bugs is WAY better and closer to the animation style.

Magenta Panther

The new Mickey and Minnie heads have more oval-shaped eyes. That's the main difference, I think. What puts me off is the flesh-tone color on the faces. It's kinda...uck.

Fantasmik

Apologies if this has been mentioned, but I finally figured out what's been bugging me about these. They don't appear to be capable of the talking/interactive experiences. I would have strongly bet that if new heads were introduced, they would be an upgrade of that technology; not just a cosmetic change of the traditional static. I suppose it's not to say that the same design won't be used in interactive experiences... I just thought things were leaning toward interactive-only with the fab 5, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom