New Mickey and Minnie heads - how we feeling?

MagicHappens1971

Also, what goes into making articulated heads? Like for the new stage show at MK, Louis from PATF doesn't have an articulated head, and neither does Daisy? I've never seen her in a stage show

brb1006

Also, what goes into making articulated heads? Like for the new stage show at MK, Louis from PATF doesn't have an articulated head, and neither does Daisy? I've never seen her in a stage show
Daisy also has a moving head but I can't remember the video where I saw it same goes for Chip N Dale. But surprisingly Pluto hasn't got one.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Daisy also has a moving head but I can't remember the video where I saw it same goes for Chip N Dale. But surprisingly Pluto hasn't got one.
I was at an audition in December of... criminey, was it 2010? Yeah, 2010. Either way, I oversaw a training group practicing with Chip 'n' Dale. Six years ago and they STILL haven't been utilized (that we can think of)! They've completely changed the mechanics of the puppets in that time.

No Name

Uugh, the characters really are good in their current form. Mickey was ugly in Walt's day. Mickey was still kind of ugly in MK's early days. Mickey is now no longer ugly. He looks great in meet and greet photos, and he looks, what's the word... epic, I guess, on stage. There are no ugly proportions, no off features. Maybe nostalgia is holding me back, or maybe the current one is better. I can't decide. I was initially pretty supportive of this, but I'm liking it less each day, which is unusual because change usually grows on me. iOS 7 grew on me. Google's umpteenth graphic change grew on me. This is doing the opposite. Maybe I need more time.

I just hope the other character changes are pretty minor. I feel like the new versions are bound to look more cartoony and "cute" than the current ones, in a bad way. Maybe they'll be better. Maybe they'll be worse. Maybe I'll think they're worse because I am so used to the current ones. Maybe this whole post is useless and I'm basically typing out my mixed thoughts.

I don't like to be stuck in the past, but in this case, I am. I have to admit it. For many years, I've thought that the characters are nearly perfect in their current form, and I still think that today. Plus, I have so many photos over the years... it'll be tough. Perhaps this is the only reason I dislike SDL being built. :D

It'll be interesting, 15 or 20 years down the road, how I look at it all. And how others look at it. The lens isn't clear yet. Only time can fix that.

yeti

Looks fine...but Times Square still has the ones to beat:

DSC00163.jpg

Tay

Mickey is okay. I wish his face was fuller like the current one. Minnie is amazing though ! I never liked the eye shadow. They look more like the characters. It actually seems like they invested a lot of money and technology into these.

Tay

Seeing the photoshop and more pics has me feeling better about Mickey.

I can't believe Jessie hasn't been mentioned. She's the worst out of the 3. Pretty much every costume character could use a refresh to make them more cartoonish imo. I seriously hope Jessie gets a Marie like makeover . Marie is so adorable. I hope to meet her when I go.

wdrive

I was at an audition in December of... criminey, was it 2010? Yeah, 2010. Either way, I oversaw a training group practicing with Chip 'n' Dale. Six years ago and they STILL haven't been utilized (that we can think of)! They've completely changed the mechanics of the puppets in that time.

Chip and Dale are articulated in Celebrate the Season and have been for the Christmas Day Parade tapings.

Kman101

I like the new heads. A little less plastic and more animated in their faces. And Minnie's makeup has been wiped off, which is a good thing, it looks better without. The facial coloring is off, but that could be pictures, but I like them. I think it's an improvement.

And has it been confirmed the other characters will receive updates? I guess over time, but is there now a makeover plan in store for them or just everyone wishfully thinking?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom