New Maps for All Stars with smoking sections!

slappy magoo

Very WEll Said :sohappy:

I did noticed the last visit home (WDW)there were fewer and harder to find smoking areas. And then When we did find a smoking area you had non-smokers walking thur it complaining.

My Husband and I are both smokers but we DO not smoke in our house Nor in our car. And When we come Home (WDW) I can completely understand the NON - smoking rooms, the smell just settles in everything and very hard to get out, but the balcony???? We have always request an ashtray to leave outside the door.

In reference to this post, and adamthegetupkid's post you quoted, the reason WDW gave up on smoking rooms entirely was that specific requests for non-smoking rooms far FAR exceeded requests for smoking rooms. Think of it this way, with all the families that go to WDW, even if there's one or two smokers in the family, they're usually going to request a NON-smoking room so the rest of the family doesn't have to deal with it. You're a perfect example, as you say you don't smoke in your house or car. The only people who would smoke in their rooms are rooms of all-smokers, or parents who don't care whether or not their families are exposed. I believe only THREE percent of WDW resort rooms were smoking-permitted rooms, and even then, sometimes, non-smokers were getting shafted because there weren't enough NON-smoking rooms to go around.

Furthermore, the complaints of people who smelled smoke coming from balconies or outdoor walkways was always an issue. Someone next door smokes, and you hate the smell of smoke, you're stuck, it's in your room, etc.

As I mentioned before, there are extremeists on both sides, and a non-smoker who'd walk through a smoking area to complain is propbably someone who just enjoys complaining about smokers in general. But there was more of an economic incentive for WDW to just do away with smoking rooms then it was to keep a few.

krueg66

I just got back from Saratoga Springs and we had to smoke in the new sections....no big deal. We actually smoked less which was a good thing. But again, they put the smoking section right in front of the buildings so people had to walk through us to get to their rooms...needless to say, we got the looks and under-breath comments.

jmvd20

I just got back from Saratoga Springs and we had to smoke in the new sections....no big deal. We actually smoked less which was a good thing. But again, they put the smoking section right in front of the buildings so people had to walk through us to get to their rooms...needless to say, we got the looks and under-breath comments.

That is just asking for problems to arise - why can't they place the areas away from entrances. Like we were discussing a few days ago let people smoke in designated areas and make sure non-smokers can avoid them. You know this set up will lead to numerous complaints and instead of setting up the areas properly they will just ban smoking altogether.

joshwill

they can put the smoking area out by 1-4 and run shuttle buses, non-smoking of course, out to it.

face it, the non smokers will never be happy untile there is zero smoking anywhere at which time theyll latch onto something else to whine about.

wannabeBelle

That is just asking for problems to arise - why can't they place the areas away from entrances. Like we were discussing a few days ago let people smoke in designated areas and make sure non-smokers can avoid them. You know this set up will lead to numerous complaints and instead of setting up the areas properly they will just ban smoking altogether.

I agree. This is just bound to cause problems!!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom