New Magic Kingdom Parade in the Works for 2013?

jrh1985

In regards to the current version of CADCT, does anyone know why in the most recent revision the princess train was cut back to just Cinderella's float again. I understand why they cut it in 2004 after the accident, but they brought the whole float back in 2006. What was the rationale for cutting it down again? Even if they still had the whole princess float, the current version of CADCT would be semi better. Sorry for the semi-off topic post.
They did that when they added Tiana to CADCT back in 2010. The royal unit only held 3 Royal couples so they had to move some couples to the castle float and use the finale track without Donald's and Goofy's vocals. Which IMO works because The finale track sounds almost royal without Donald and Goofy. It's in a different tone or key than Mickey's track. They would have to either move Donald and Goofy back to the castle float or add more royal couples in in order to move Ariel and Belle back to the royal unit.

TTA94

How can MISICI become a parade without being completely redone? It's all the same gift box floats lol nothing exciting about it IMO.

And if MISICI does replace CADCT that means no new daytime parade anytime soon. Which may be a good thing for Spectro as that may free up more parade budget. If TDO is freaking out that much about Spectro they could decide to cut the new daytime parade plans and fix, hopefully rebuild, spectro.

Maybe DL has decided they want MSEP back for the summer lol.

jrh1985

How can MISICI become a parade without being completely redone? It's all the same gift box floats lol nothing exciting about it IMO.

And if MISICI does replace CADCT that means no new daytime parade anytime soon. Which may be a good thing for Spectro as that may free up more parade budget. If TDO is freaking out that much about Spectro they could decide to cut the new daytime parade plans and fix, hopefully rebuild, spectro.

Maybe DL has decided they want MSEP back for the summer lol.
I dont know how I would feel about all of that. While it would be wonderful for DL to get back on the nighttime parade routine, I don't think its worth losing CADCT. Unless MK is planning to turn MISICI into a version of CADCT somehow or making a temp new day parade until steve is ready. If push comes to shove, I rather see MISICI get cut than CADCT!!!!!!!!!
I have to ask again, what attention is MISICI getting. And what effect will it have on CADCT or MK Entertainment in general? ?????

AllyInWonderland

I don't like MISICI except that the Mad Hatter is in it. I love CADCT! I had one of my favorite Disney memories watching that parade. I wish Spectro would come back

Tip Top Club

Okay, someone at Creative Entertainment, or TDO, or MK Entertainment needs to wake up.

ALL of Walt Disney World's parades are passed their prime and sinking into Despair.

The ONLY one that can be allowed to survive is Jammin' Jungle, and that's really only because very few people are emotionally invested in it.

Celebrate a Dream Come True desperatly needs to be replaced with a spectacular new parade on par with Soundsational.

The Electrical Parade is falling apart and desperately needs to be replaced with a brand new foray into the world of Night Parades.

Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun is Embarassing, and while It's great to see rare characters like Carl and Remy, It's a shell of it's former self, and is simply not what the doctor ordered.

Parades are a huge part of the WDW experience and they have been allowed (and in some cases, Encouraged) to fall into lackluster offerings. That has to change, In my mind, along with the potential cars land expansion, it should be one of the most important projects on the table right now, and it seems like it's being ignored.

DisneyAMB

I posted this a few nights ago on the MiceChat Spectro thread, and forgot to post it here:

Was told last night by my DEP driver that the past few weeks they've been trying to incorporate the remaining floats from Spectro into DEP to make DEP a longer parade, but they're not able to get the audio synched up right which means they'd have to dismantle the Spectro floats in order to figure out and solve the issue. He also said that there is (once again) no room in the parade budget for this because they've stopped working on MiSiCi (Terk & Timon have recently been cut, along with a few other minor, inconspicuous changes) and now most of the money is going towards equity for the clowns in New Fantasyland.

Yes, CADCT needs to go. The concept really hasn't changed since 2001 when its grandpa, Share a Dream Come True parade, was running. It just proves how cheap Disney is when it comes to these things. If they eventually scrap CADCT, I predict they'll turn MiSiCi into the new day parade with frequent show stops, a la Block Party Bash (RIP :().
Speaking of BPB, I can probably speak for most, if not all, the cast members when I agree that the Pixar Play Parade is an embarrassment. While it has grown on me somewhat since its debut, it doesn't hold a candle to BPB.
While we're on the subject of our favorite parades though, a tiny part of me has never lost hope that someday they'll bring back Tapestry of Nations. Le sigh.

AllyInWonderland

I posted this a few nights ago on the MiceChat Spectro thread, and forgot to post it here:

Was told last night by my DEP driver that the past few weeks they've been trying to incorporate the remaining floats from Spectro into DEP to make DEP a longer parade, but they're not able to get the audio synched up right which means they'd have to dismantle the Spectro floats in order to figure out and solve the issue. He also said that there is (once again) no room in the parade budget for this because they've stopped working on MiSiCi (Terk & Timon have recently been cut, along with a few other minor, inconspicuous changes) and now most of the money is going towards equity for the clowns in New Fantasyland.

Yes, CADCT needs to go. The concept really hasn't changed since 2001 when its grandpa, Share a Dream Come True parade, was running. It just proves how cheap Disney is when it comes to these things. If they eventually scrap CADCT, I predict they'll turn MiSiCi into the new day parade with frequent show stops, a la Block Party Bash (RIP :().
Speaking of BPB, I can probably speak for most, if not all, the cast members when I agree that the Pixar Play Parade is an embarrassment. While it has grown on me somewhat since its debut, it doesn't hold a candle to BPB.
While we're on the subject of our favorite parades though, a tiny part of me has never lost hope that someday they'll bring back Tapestry of Nations. Le sigh.
ME TOO TO TAPESTRY!!!!! I MISS IT SO MUCH!!!! :(

Genie of the Lamp

Calling the mess that trawls through DHS the PPP is an insult to the DCA original.

Pixar Countdown to Fun! parade more like Pixar Countdown to shun Parade. I'm honestly suprised Roger Gould and his team actually approved of this going into and continuing at DHS. I loved Block Party Bash, at least that got you up and moving around. Why didn't they just send over the version of PPP in DCA straight over to DHS like they did with MSEP excluding the minor show changes?

mm52200

Don't even get me started on the Pixar Pals Countdown to Crap err Fun. I cant believe they ever let that happen to BPB, probably the best day time parade at WDW in the past 10 or 12 years. The best parade that lasted for the shortest amount of time, but honestly it lasted 3 years which should be how long the average parade is allowed to run before being replaced. The worst part is that when they debuted CTF they received such an overwhelming negative response and yet they did nothing to even try and band aid it.

Figments Friend

I was thinking about all the recent Night Parade related talk on this Forum when i was in town about a week ago and saw the Electrical Parade.
I watched both showings and they had some floats missing that night, most obvious being the main Snow White unit.
Also, Pete appeared with Elliot as usual in the first showing, but was missing in the second. It was strange seeing Elliot with no rider.

FIrst time i ever saw Elliot without Pete sitting on his neck.

It seemed odd....

This was the Thursday, January 24th showings.

Genie of the Lamp

Don't even get me started on the Pixar Pals Countdown to Crap err Fun. I cant believe they ever let that happen to BPB, probably the best day time parade at WDW in the past 10 or 12 years. The best parade that lasted for the shortest amount of time, but honestly it lasted 3 years which should be how long the average parade is allowed to run before being replaced. The worst part is that when they debuted CTF they received such an overwhelming negative response and yet they did nothing to even try and band aid it.

I also remember hearing on hear that when Iger and Staggs made their annual yearly trip to WDW when this debuted they absolutley hated it and wanted it to be thrown away or severely change. Guess words don't speak for action from these guys.;)

mm52200

I also remember hearing on hear that when Iger and Staggs made their annual yearly trip to WDW when this debuted they absolutley hated it and wanted it to be thrown away or severely change. Guess words don't speak for action from these guys.;)
I thought I remembered hearing that but I wasn't quite sure. IT was really sad because all CTF was them eliminating the BPB showstops, equity performers, and a good number of the other performers. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a profit on CTF when they created it.

DisneyAMB

Please Complain about the Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun Parade!Meg Crofton- President of WDW: Meg.Crofton@Disney.com

Technical question: shouldn't all WDW complaints go to George Kalogridis now? Or has the switch not been completely settled yet? If Meg still has a stronghold on Disney World, then a better question would be when do we start emailing George about our issues and whatnot?
Honestly, they don't tell cast members hardly anything. Any information we do hear has been trickled down through so many grapevines so it's hard to tell what is reliable and what is rumored.
And I apologize if this message makes no sense, I just took my sleep medication and it's starting to hit me fast that I thought. Goodnight! :cool: zzzzzzzz

mm52200

Technical question: shouldn't all WDW complaints go to George Kalogridis now? Or has the switch not been completely settled yet? If Meg still has a stronghold on Disney World, then a better question would be when do we start emailing George about our issues and whatnot?
Honestly, they don't tell cast members hardly anything. Any information we do hear has been trickled down through so many grapevines so it's hard to tell what is reliable and what is rumored.
And I apologize if this message makes no sense, I just took my sleep medication and it's starting to hit me fast that I thought. Goodnight! :cool: zzzzzzzz
Sorry, that signature was from when the parade first debuted and she was still president. I don't think that's even the current VP if DHS either haha. I guess I should change that. Honestly though the best thing to do though is go to guest relations or email them. I really doubt a lot of fan emails actually get through to the executives.

spectrodanny

Was told last night by my DEP driver that the past few weeks they've been trying to incorporate the remaining floats from Spectro into DEP to make DEP a longer parade, but they're not able to get the audio synched up right which means they'd have to dismantle the Spectro floats in order to figure out and solve the issue.

if i'm reading this right it SOUNDS like they were trying to synch Spectro's music with MSEP's if so THAT sounds like am audio trainwereck. or had they created new MSEP music for the remaining Spectro floats?

Tip Top Club

^ As far as I know that's not happening. All money is being funneled into a new parade down the line. So don't expect any changes until then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom