New Magic Kingdom Parade in the Works for 2013?

MarkTwain

Move It Shake It Celebrate It Street Party. Also, is it really true that Spectos budget is going to MISICI???? What do they need the money for? I would love to see MK use the money for CADCT rather than expand MISICI and having it take over CADCT which is what I'm worried about. This is just me, I have no inside information on this.

The cast member that posted the information agreed with this sentiment from another poster, and replied with the following:

[Do you mean they allocated the budget to CADCT?]

No, I did not mean CaDCT. I was told all of the parade budget was going into MiSiCi, I have no idea specifically what for or if it's changing soon. No one at Disney is learning a new parade as of right now. If anything, CaDCT needs an update more than anything. More specifically, the castle float. If you were to stand on it, you'd think the thing was way older than its' 20+ years, and riding on it is almost dangerous. It got stuck on Monday on the bridge between the Hub and Liberty Square, and had to be towed back into parade base front of all the guests. Horrible show.

DisneyAMB

Hi, all. I am the parade cast member that you all have been quoting (a friend told me of your board)! I joined this board specifically (just like I joined the original MiceChat board) because of SpectroMagic. Long story short, that parade specifically was what piqued my then-sixteen-year-old interest into all things Walt Disney World and what initially pushed me into auditioning for the company in 2007. But enough about me...:

I haven't heard anything more about SpectroMagic :'( Trust me, I ask every spare, EVERY shift. No one knows anything more than I do. Anything I do hear is all rumored.
I PROMISE I will inform the Disney online community of anything I hear; it wasn't long ago that I was simply speculating on anything buzz-worthy I heard come from the WDW backstage community, just like you all are.

mm52200

In regards to the current version of CADCT, does anyone know why in the most recent revision the princess train was cut back to just Cinderella's float again. I understand why they cut it in 2004 after the accident, but they brought the whole float back in 2006. What was the rationale for cutting it down again? Even if they still had the whole princess float, the current version of CADCT would be semi better. Sorry for the semi-off topic post.

drew81

There were talks of making MISICI into a full day parade. It was talked about among entertainment management a year or two ago. If they are looking at doing that again, I don't know.

mm52200

There were talks of making MISICI into a full day parade. It was talked about among entertainment management a year or two ago. If they are looking at doing that again, I don't know.
Ugg, I love MiSiCi as an additional entertainment offering, not the sole parade. Would they be expanding it or just keep running the same version and cut CADCT???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom