New Imagineer Introduction Thread

James G.

Nah Americana 1900 is fine! Some people have Progress City and other fictional places as their favorites.

I'm interested to see your progress on the park! From the map overview it looks great - I'd definitely be interested in reading about the small details/attractions of it if you want to make a dedicated thread for it or something like that - I'm sure others would like that as well!
I'll be happy to share more of my creation for the Americana Resort as I can. It might be a while with other commitments, but it will happen. It will probably take me a bit of time (and coaching from my buddy Douglas) to figure my way around this site, but I will.

spacemt354

Chili's
I'll be happy to share more of my creation for the Americana Resort as I can. It might be a while with other commitments, but it will happen. It will probably take me a bit of time (and coaching from my buddy Douglas) to figure my way around this site, but I will.
If you need any help feel free to ask! Once you get the hang of it, the site's very easy to use. Can't wait to see your full write-ups!

D Hulk

I'd be glad to help out, buddy. Don't feel any rush. Glad to have you around these parts.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Nametag Party!!

giphy.gif

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Hello all,

My name is Steve. More visits to WDW than I can count (well over 100). Got some ideas on expanding the TTA to a full park experience. Looking forward to sharing and getting feedback. Just tell me where to post them. First try post from my Pinterest, hope it works. Add the Http and S: to the link //i.pinimg.com/originals/4a/0b/a6/4a0ba69ad2f4d77999c9b3cbea9b2fa2.jpg Work in progressView attachment 267296

Welcome to the forum @Skipper2 ! Here's your imagineering nametag!:D

2018-07-23.png

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Hey there, hi there, ho there, everyone. And yes, I just did that, I am that weird.

My name is Evilgidgit, and I've been hovering around this forum for a little while, or at least since I came across the Disney Dream Resort. What a brilliant design. There's been some great ideas that I've read here, and I would like to join in blue sky Imagineering. I've been a lifelong Disney fan, and have been fascinated by Disneyland for years, even though I've never been there before (only Paris for now). If self-promoting is allowed, I write articles for A Place To Hang Your Cape.com (ap2hyc.com), and recently started my own Disney blog, Swivel Chair Imagineering, which is mostly based around my theme park ideas and speculation. Feel free to take a look inside.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum @Evilgidgit ! Here is your Imagineering Nametag!! :D

2018-07-25.png

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Hello there, I'm MickeyMousketeer, and I love all things Disney Imagineering.

My favorite park is Magic Kingdom, easily, and my favorite attraction is the Carousel of Progress (in need of a little update, eh?). I hope to create some new Disney Resorts soon, and participate in the competitions that I've peeked around at. Anyways, hope to see you all around the forums!

Welcome to the forum @MickeyMousketeer ! Here is your Imagineering Nametag!! :D

2018-07-25.png

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Hi, my name's Kanako and I love to be creative; Touhou and Sonic have been my favorite games since the 1990s (Touhou since I am Japanese American and I found it at a small Akihabara shop dedicated to indie games on a visit to family in 1997. My parents owned a PC98 and being a fan of Sailor Moon, I bought the first two games and got the rest via mail-order on the AOTAKA webpage.) I am all for Disney making a deal with SEGA and/or ZUN (Jun'ya Ota) and introducing Sonic and Reimu into the parks. I also love Star Wars, Tron, and Wreck It Ralph. I think we should do something about DisneyQuest. It shouldn't have closed.

Welcome to the forum @KanakoS ! Here is your Imagineering Nametag!! :D

2018-07-25.png

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Hi, I'm OutboundFlight. I've always enjoyed theme parks, and Disney has always been my favorite. I love the immersion of each land and the thrilling yet heartwarming rides. I've been to WDW a couple times on trips, but am only an hour away from Disneyland so I'm more knowledgeable on that resort. While I am a big Star Wars and MCU fan, I have to say Inside Out is my all time favorite. In my spare time I enjoy writing and designing things, so this looks like a good forum for me.

Welcome to the forum @OutboundFlight ! Here is your Imagineering Nametag!! :D

2018-07-25.png

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Oh, Lawd, another newbie here! Please be gentle. My good buddy D Hindley introduced me to this site, and I hope he's right when he said how welcoming everyone is in here. I've got a little bit of cred- I think- in here. I've done the Theme Park Apprentice competition over in Theme Park Insider for years, won it a few times, and I'm the creator of Americana 1900. I'm always looking for a venue where like-minded people hang out.

Welcome to the forum @James G. ! Here is your Imagineering Nametag!! :D

Also, I see you're from Tiffin, - I'm originally from Lima :) - Small world! (Yes, pun intended!)

2018-07-25.png

James G.

Welcome to the forum @James G. ! Here is your Imagineering Nametag!! :D

Also, I see you're from Tiffin, - I'm originally from Lima :) - Small world! (Yes, pun intended!)

2018-07-25.png
Thanks for the nametag @MonorailRed ! I really like how you included the Ferris Wheel from Americana 1900. Just fyi, in Americana 1900 it's called the Americana Wonder Wheel, and is a three-hundred-foot tall Wonder Wheel, sliders and all, and is located in the center of the park, in the middle of the land called Century Plaza. Actually, I don't even call them lands- each area of Americana 1900 is called a Township. This might already be too much info, but Americana 1900 is themed to feature different parts of an idealized America between the years 1890 to 1910 (with some leeway for fun). My friend @D Hindley wants me to present more of Americana as I can. Perhaps if time permits I can do so. Thanks again for the nametag and for the warm welcome I've received from everyone here.

One last thing. I know Lima well- I even know how to pronounce it properly! I went to Ohio Northern University, class of 1979.

James G.

If it’s not so much of a problem for Red, I would like to join the queue as well, as like FM, I never introduced myself here...

Also, welcome @James G. ! I’m excited to see more of your work!
Thanks @DisneyFan18 ! I've done a huge amount of work on my park(s) but nothing that's really in condition to be posted. I'll need to get something ready as I can. Right now I'm finishing my third book about Americana 1900- yes, I'm writing a trilogy about it! Obsessed? No...uh, not really. I mean, doesn't everyone get a tattoo of their fantasy park on their arm?

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks @DisneyFan18 ! I've done a huge amount of work on my park(s) but nothing that's really in condition to be posted. I'll need to get something ready as I can. Right now I'm finishing my third book about Americana 1900- yes, I'm writing a trilogy about it! Obsessed? No...uh, not really. I mean, doesn't everyone get a tattoo of their fantasy park on their arm?
enhance

Hope you don't mind me sharing this, @James G. It's only the second tattoo I've had a hand in designing.
That's kinda awesome!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom