New Imagineer Introduction Thread

AceAstro

Hello there, I'm MickeyMousketeer, and I love all things Disney Imagineering.

My favorite park is Magic Kingdom, easily, and my favorite attraction is the Carousel of Progress (in need of a little update, eh?). I hope to create some new Disney Resorts soon, and participate in the competitions that I've peeked around at. Anyways, hope to see you all around the forums!
Welcome!!

KanakoS

Hi, my name's Kanako and I love to be creative; Touhou and Sonic have been my favorite games since the 1990s (Touhou since I am Japanese American and I found it at a small Akihabara shop dedicated to indie games on a visit to family in 1997. My parents owned a PC98 and being a fan of Sailor Moon, I bought the first two games and got the rest via mail-order on the AOTAKA webpage.) I am all for Disney making a deal with SEGA and/or ZUN (Jun'ya Ota) and introducing Sonic and Reimu into the parks. I also love Star Wars, Tron, and Wreck It Ralph. I think we should do something about DisneyQuest. It shouldn't have closed.

spacemt354

Chili's
Hi, my name's Kanako and I love to be creative; Touhou and Sonic have been my favorite games since the 1990s (Touhou since I am Japanese American and I found it at a small Akihabara shop dedicated to indie games on a visit to family in 1997. My parents owned a PC98 and being a fan of Sailor Moon, I bought the first two games and got the rest via mail-order on the AOTAKA webpage.) I am all for Disney making a deal with SEGA and/or ZUN (Jun'ya Ota) and introducing Sonic and Reimu into the parks. I also love Star Wars, Tron, and Wreck It Ralph. I think we should do something about DisneyQuest. It shouldn't have closed.
Hello and welcome!

DisneyFan18

Welcome! If you’re interested you can join the One Sentence Competition. And most importantly, have fun in the Imagineering Board!

And I just realized that I never introduced myself over here...

Outbound

Hi, I'm OutboundFlight. I've always enjoyed theme parks, and Disney has always been my favorite. I love the immersion of each land and the thrilling yet heartwarming rides. I've been to WDW a couple times on trips, but am only an hour away from Disneyland so I'm more knowledgeable on that resort. While I am a big Star Wars and MCU fan, I have to say Inside Out is my all time favorite. In my spare time I enjoy writing and designing things, so this looks like a good forum for me.

spacemt354

Chili's
Hi, I'm OutboundFlight. I've always enjoyed theme parks, and Disney has always been my favorite. I love the immersion of each land and the thrilling yet heartwarming rides. I've been to WDW a couple times on trips, but am only an hour away from Disneyland so I'm more knowledgeable on that resort. While I am a big Star Wars and MCU fan, I have to say Inside Out is my all time favorite. In my spare time I enjoy writing and designing things, so this looks like a good forum for me.
Welcome Outbound!

NateD1226

Welcome to the forums!

Suchomimus

giphy.gif

James G.

Oh, Lawd, another newbie here! Please be gentle. My good buddy D Hindley introduced me to this site, and I hope he's right when he said how welcoming everyone is in here. I've got a little bit of cred- I think- in here. I've done the Theme Park Apprentice competition over in Theme Park Insider for years, won it a few times, and I'm the creator of Americana 1900. I'm always looking for a venue where like-minded people hang out.

spacemt354

Chili's
Oh, Lawd, another newbie here! Please be gentle. My good buddy D Hindley introduced me to this site, and I hope he's right when he said how welcoming everyone is in here. I've got a little bit of cred- I think- in here. I've done the Theme Park Apprentice competition over in Theme Park Insider for years, won it a few times, and I'm the creator of Americana 1900. I'm always looking for a venue where like-minded people hang out.
James, welcome! Douglas has spoken nothing but kind words about you as a person and imagineer! Been following along with his Trip Report and have seen the concepts for Americana 1900 - amazing design!

You'll find a lot of like-minded people here, we'll have @MonorailRed make you a nametag (along with some of the other new wdwmagic imagineers, soon!)
2017-12-29.png

If you have a favorite park (doesn't have to be Disney) she can customize it for you. A little souvenir for joining - glad to see you around!

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Welcome to the forum! Your park is really good! :D

I can have those nametags done by the end of the week

James G.

I'm not sure how much Douglas has told you about Americana, but in my "happy place" I've developing Americana 1900 into more than just a single theme park, but a complete resort complex. I just can't seem to get it out of my skin- now if I just had a personal corporation like Mr. Disney had in the 1950s....oh, well, it's cheaper to build it in my mind. (and yes, I do still have one foot firmly planted in reality!)

spacemt354

Chili's
Thanks! Does my favorite park have to be a real park? I'd love to have it say "Americana 1900", which to me is as real as any brick-and-mortar park, but if that would be too confusing let's go with Cedar Point. I've grown up with it- my first visit was in 1964.
Nah Americana 1900 is fine! Some people have Progress City and other fictional places as their favorites.

I'm interested to see your progress on the park! From the map overview it looks great - I'd definitely be interested in reading about the small details/attractions of it if you want to make a dedicated thread for it or something like that - I'm sure others would like that as well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom