News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

Disney Irish

Premium Member
While that makes sense it doesn’t make all that much sense when you start throwing around the July. At the point rushing it just to have it up for a few weeks as classic HM doesn’t make much sense. Especially in July which has been consistently one of the slower times of the year. Not to mention they’ve already been dealing with that strain for 7 months at that point. What’s another few weeks during a slow month? I like the guy and appreciate his consistent content but he has some interesting takes sometimes. I think he just stopped talking about Pandora going in Grizzly Peak like three days ago.
Its just an interesting idea. Its not like Disney hasn't had short opening/closures for HM before the switch to HMH. I mean we did see HM come back from the pandemic for a short period of time before being closed down again for the switch to HMH. I know that was a couple months of being open so its slightly longer. But its still not a whole season like normal. So anyways its just an interesting idea as I said.

Plus what better way to spark an increase in attendance during the slow period then to have HM opened.

Professortango1

That’s the same reason I questioned why Mansion had to be down until August from the get go. The ride isn't really effected by this. They just need the queue and exit finished. With that said, what makes him think it’s July? The longer it goes on the more likely that we won’t see classic HM until after the holidays. Not sure what the motivation would be to rush and have classic HM running for only a few weeks.

Depends on the timeline for Elevator and alternative exit. They probably need suitable evacuation access and if that's the timetable for demo and construction, you can't really just open an alternative path into the attraction.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Depends on the timeline for Elevator and alternative exit. They probably need suitable evacuation access and if that's the timetable for demo and construction, you can't really just open an alternative path into the attraction.
They had already shutdown the queue prior to the full attraction closure and was still allowing guests via a temporary queue they setup. So as long as the same evacuation access was available then I don't see why they couldn't open prior to the new queue and ADA elevator being fully completed.

Gusey

The opening will depend on both the completion of the new elevator, and it will probably be impacted by the new Madame Leota store if there is enough space between the exit and the store for construction walls etc.. Have they even gone vertical on the new store yet?

mickEblu

I was blacked out in Julys the last few years but summers have been slower than any other season the last few years. That’s why they started offering all kinds of incentives to go to the park in summertime recently. Not saying what you saw didn’t happen but I certainly don’t think it was normal during summertime.

I don’t think it’s splitting hairs at all. The two different scenarios I described had very different impacts on the atmosphere of that area and neither impacted traffic on the main thoroughfare as I mentioned in one of my last posts.

I was not blacked out in July the last few summers. I have photos and videos popping up from trips in July 2022 and July 2023. Not sure why I told you that @PiratesMansion. I even forgot that I went to the park on July 17th 2022 and was very disappointed when they didn’t play Walt’s opening day speech. Weird how your mind plays tricks on you. I thought for sure our Believe Keys had been blocked out in Julys.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's pretty extensive.

At this point I wouldn't expect an opening before August, unless something changes.
I guess we’ll find out. As was said this was just something that David from Fresh Baked was wondering if it’s possible they would try to have it opened earlier since the whole west side is basically closed past Pirates.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom