News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

Phroobar

They need one of those old Mold-O-Rama machines to make candle man souvenirs.
For those that don't know what a Mold-a-Rama machine is. I remember the San Diego Zoo had this.

iu

TP2000

They never quite went out of fashion in Chicago; Brookfield Zoo has always had several, and the Museum of Science & Industry currently has a small exhibit devoted to them.

It must be a Midwest thing.

They also have these machines at The Henry Ford complex in Dearborn. I bought a molded President Lincoln and a molded Model T, for no good reason than to watch the machine work and giggle at it.

Disney Analyst

The DL NT site is reporting a rumor that the bride and hitchhiking ghost scenes are being modified, with the bride gaining new projections behind her and the hitchhikers being replaced with projections a la WDW. Anyone heard similar?

Dusty at MC has alluded to the ending scene being adjusted. First I’m hearing of the bride getting an update.

mickEblu

The DL NT site is reporting a rumor that the bride and hitchhiking ghost scenes are being modified, with the bride gaining new projections behind her and the hitchhikers being replaced with projections a la WDW. Anyone heard similar?

I’m hoping at the very least the the three standing hitchhiking ghosts before they join us in the doom biggies aren’t altered. Were they altered at MK? Just a shame to lose that practical effect that works beautifully. If it ain’t broke….

WDI can’t even make a proper sign half the time these days and they’re over here messing with perfection. Make it make sense.

In the Parks
No
I’m hoping at the very least the the three standing hitchhiking ghosts before they join us in the doom biggies aren’t altered. Were they altered at MK? Just a shame to lose that practical effect that works beautifully. If it ain’t broke….
I believe the animatronics were switched out, but as I recall it was actually an upgrade to a less cartoony looking set. I saw some sort of comparison shot on this site somewhere, because the old ones were on display at some animatronics display at WDW. I think @Figments Friend was at that event if I recall correctly.

VicariousCorpse

The hitchhiking ghost change was discussed here.

WDI can’t even make a proper sign half the time these days and they’re over here messing with perfection. Make it make sense.
Originals:
unnamed (2).jpg

Updated hitchhikers with display that solves the interactive queue mystery.
unnamed (4).jpg

yensidtlaw1969

I've heard the deal with the Hitchhiker effect is not quite what people think it will be. I really hope that proves to be true. WDW's version of the effect is a pale substitute for the original and doesn't deserve to be replicated.

I alluded a while back to the Bride receiving updates, and more and more I'm hearing that is in fact the case. Can't share specifics, but there should be evidence of changes there when the Mansion reopens with the Holiday. However the Bride likely won't be unveiled properly until 2025 when the Classic Mansion show finally returns.

WaluigiTime

I've heard the deal with the Hitchhiker effect is not quite what people think it will be. I really hope that proves to be true. WDW's version of the effect is a pale substitute for the original and doesn't deserve to be replicated.

I alluded a while back to the Bride receiving updates, and more and more I'm hearing that is in fact the case. Can't share specifics, but there should be evidence of changes there when the Mansion reopens with the Holiday. However the Bride likely won't be unveiled properly until 2025 when the Classic Mansion show finally returns.

Does it sound like a substantial and better upgrade?

yensidtlaw1969

Does it sound like a substantial and better upgrade?
The Hitchhikers? Tough to say - I HOPE that Disneyland wouldn't bother swapping out their HHG effect unless the replacement was clearly superior, which is kind of a tall order for such an iconic effect.

The Bride, meanwhile, could hardly be worse . . . but if things go along the lines of what I've heard she should somewhat certainly be better.

Cross your fingers either way, because the Mansion won't be getting downtime like this for a long, long while. Whatever we get during this refurb is likely to stay put for a healthy chunk of our lifetimes.

WaluigiTime

The Hitchhikers? Tough to say - I HOPE that Disneyland wouldn't bother swapping out their HHG effect unless the replacement was clearly superior, which is kind of a tall order for such an iconic effect.

The Bride, meanwhile, could hardly be worse . . . but if things go along the lines of what I've heard she should somewhat certainly be better.

Cross your fingers either way, because the Mansion won't be getting downtime like this for a long, long while. Whatever we get during this refurb is likely to stay put for a healthy chunk of our lifetimes.

Oh I was asking about the Bride and I have no idea how they could improve the original Hitchhiking Ghosts besides adding more fluid animatronics which sounds like they are not doing.

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom