News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

Disney Analyst

According to who? Lol

Certainly April Fool’s Day has all the characteristics of such a renewal festival, pushing the boundaries of everyday behaviour yet with the resultant disorder set within a strict time frame. For example, traditionally on April Fool’s Day all pranks are supposed to stop at 12 noon sharp, with anyone playing a joke after midday then considered the ‘April Fool’.

It must be a Canadian / UK thing. Jokes after 12pm = you a bad person. 😂

Disney Irish

Premium Member

It must be a Canadian / UK thing. Jokes after 12pm = you a bad person. 😂
Yeah not here in the US -

Is April Fool's Day celebrated in the USA?

Americans don't stop the April Fool's Day celebrations at noon.

They keep the pranks going all day, from home to school or work and back again.

In recent years, media outlets have gotten in on the fun.

NPR pulled a fast one on its Facebook followers by posting a link with the title, "Why Doesn't America Read Anymore?"

Irate commenters responded that they did, in fact, read.

But if they had clicked the link, they would have immediately read that it was an April Fool's joke.

Fast food giant Taco Bell ran ads in 1996 stating it had bought famous historic landmark the Liberty Bell.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
In a recent FreshBaked video David was wondering if they could be trying to get the attraction ready for a July opening for regular HM. This was based on Disney recently moving back the construction walls multiple times.

Since the queue work doesn't really affect the attraction itself I do wonder if they could get far enough along where they could open the attraction itself earlier than expected. I mean it would be a one month opening before switching back to HMH but at least it would be opened.

mickEblu

In a recent FreshBaked video David was wondering if they could be trying to get the attraction ready for a July opening for regular HM. This was based on Disney recently moving back the construction walls multiple times.

Since the queue work doesn't really affect the attraction itself I do wonder if they could get far enough along where they could open the attraction itself earlier than expected. I mean it would be a one month opening before switching back to HMH but at least it would be opened.

That’s the same reason I questioned why Mansion had to be down until August from the get go. The ride isn't really effected by this. They just need the queue and exit finished. With that said, what makes him think it’s July? The longer it goes on the more likely that we won’t see classic HM until after the holidays. Not sure what the motivation would be to rush and have classic HM running for only a few weeks.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
That’s the same reason I questioned why Mansion had to be down until August from the get go. The ride isn't really effected by this. They just need the queue and exit finished. With that said, what makes him think it’s July? The longer it goes on the more likely that we won’t see classic HM until after the holidays. Not sure what the motivation would be to rush and have classic HM running for only a few weeks.
His idea is that Disney knows how much its affecting the Park right now to have the entire west side past Pirates down starting May 1st. So they'd want to bring things back online as quick as possible. So even if its a month or so of regular HM its at least opened. And they can continue working on the rest of the extended queue so it'd be ready for the August start of the Halloween season.

mickEblu

His idea is that Disney knows how much its affecting the Park right now to have the entire west side past Pirates down starting May 1st. So they'd want to bring things back online as quick as possible. So even if its a month or so of regular HM its at least opened. And they can continue working on the rest of the extended queue so it'd be ready for the August start of the Halloween season.

While that makes sense it doesn’t make all that much sense when you start throwing around July. At the point rushing it just to have it up for a few weeks as classic HM doesn’t make much sense. Especially in July which has been consistently one of the slower times of the year. Not to mention they’ve already been dealing with that strain for 7 months at that point. What’s another few weeks during a slow month? I like the guy and appreciate his consistent content but he has some interesting takes sometimes. I think he just stopped talking about Pandora going in Grizzly Peak like three days ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom