News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

etc98

Sort of unrelated, but anyone think they’ll use this time to finally repair the fire damage on the building next to New Orleans Square Station? If they have to close the station to do construction on the park, maybe they’ll finally get around to fixing it

Ne'er-Do-Well Cad

Sort of unrelated, but anyone think they’ll use this time to finally repair the fire damage on the building next to New Orleans Square Station? If they have to close the station to do construction on the park, maybe they’ll finally get around to fixing it

I had this realization as well. They likely ceased the repair work (if they ever even started?) once the Mansion project was approved.

Dear Prudence

It's an elevator that comes up from underground to the street level. It's not rocket science. Every subway system in the world has them now. But instead of a modern aesthetic, they'll surround this basic concept with a green wrought iron canopy that looks like an old-timey "greenhouse".

But underneath the greenhouse theme, there's basically this modern elevator infrastructure that leads directly down to the Doombuggy loading area below ground. Elevators are perfectly safe and legal for wheelchair use.

Street-level_elevator_at_Embarcadero_station_July_2019.jpg
And BART has way more of these than the NYC subway does, and 99% of those stations are completely inaccessible.

Castle Cake Apologist

That canopy doesn't look like a "greenhouse" to me, but I see where you thought process is.

To me it still looks more like the WDW HM canopy cover for their queue, which is why I think its the new LL queue. Again I draw your attention to the intentional break in the brick wall, which wouldn't be there if it was just a covering for an elevator.

But I guess we'll see where they go with this. I'm sure we'll get more details in the months to come.

If I recall, the announcement specifically refers to it as a greenhouse. If you look closely in the art, you can see that it's meant to appear translucent with plants showing through. The only thing giving me pause on @TP2000 's theory is the fact that the blog post indicates that all guests will pass through the structure. It specifically mentioned that guests will be able to visit the Mansion's greenhouse and see where the groundskeepers grow their plants. If this were to be the new ADA exit, I don't know why they'd word it that way as a very very small percentage of guests would be using it. They also don't mention the elevator until the very end of the post, when it would have made more sense to mention it when taking about the greenhouse.

Unless they mean this tiny thing in the Blog post?
Screenshot_20230831_170740_Samsung Internet.jpg

Disney Analyst

If I recall, the announcement specifically refers to it as a greenhouse. If you look closely in the art, you can see that it's meant to appear translucent with plants showing through. The only thing giving me pause on @TP2000 's theory is the fact that the blog post indicates that all guests will pass through the structure. It specifically mentioned that guests will be able to visit the Mansion's greenhouse and see where the groundskeepers grow their plants. If this were to be the new ADA exit, I don't know why they'd word it that way as a very very small percentage of guests would be using it. They also don't mention the elevator until the very end of the post, when it would have made more sense to mention it when taking about the greenhouse.

View attachment 740208

Specifically because the walls open up into that other green house, I have to suspect there will be switchbacks in there, under it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member

View attachment 740208
I agree I believe what you identified will be the "greenhouse", but I don't think it'll be a walk through rather just clear glass that allows it to be viewable from the outside. And I agree this won't be the ADA exit.

What TP is talking about is the long green canopy to the right of that in the concept art, as being a "greenhouse" and the new ADA exit elevator area, which I don't believe either is correct.

I think the green canopy thing will be either more switch backs for more queue, or a new LL queue. You don't have a long green canopy just for an exit, so it just doesn't make sense.

To me having the ADA exit elevator at the end of the announcement indicates its not referenced in any of the concept art. So really it can be anywhere within the ground of the mansion. So we'll see where they end up putting it, whether that be close to where TP thinks it'll go, close to the existing exit like I think it'll go, or somewhere else.

Disney Analyst

I agree I believe what you identified will be the "greenhouse", but I don't think it'll be a walk through rather just clear glass that allows it to be viewable from the outside. And I agree this won't be the ADA exit.

What TP is talking about is the long green canopy to the right of that in the concept art, as being a "greenhouse" and the new ADA exit elevator area, which I don't believe either is correct.

I think the green canopy thing will be either more switch backs for more queue, or a new LL queue. You don't have a long green canopy just for an exit, so it just doesn't make sense.

To me having the ADA exit elevator at the end of the announcement indicates its not referenced in any of the concept art. So really it can be anywhere within the ground of the mansion. So we'll see where they end up putting it, whether that be close to where TP thinks it'll go, close to the existing exit like I think it'll go, or somewhere else.

Where is this existing "crypt" exit / entrance right now, in comparison to all of this?

That crypt area seems like the easiest place to add an elevator?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Where is this existing "crypt" exit / entrance right now, in comparison to all of this?

That crypt area seems like the easiest place to add an elevator?
If my orientation is correct with the concept art it would be about where that wrought iron fence is below the long green canopy. That indicates to me separation between that area and the canopy.

But I agree that would be an easy place to add it, that is where I thought of originally when I read the announcment. But it would require a reconfiguration of that area, and possible removal of the stairs, which wouldn't make it an easy emergency exit anymore.

I have a feeling they'll end up digging into the berm a bit to do this if they are going to be putting it on this side of the mansion.

Disney Analyst

If my orientation is correct with the concept art it would be about where that wrought iron fence is below the long green canopy. That indicates to me separation between that area and the canopy.

But I agree that would be an easy place to add it, that is where I thought of originally when I read the announcment. But it would require a reconfiguration of that area, and possible removal of the stairs, which wouldn't make it an easy emergency exit anymore.

I have a feeling they'll end up digging into the berm a bit to do this if they are going to be putting it on this side of the mansion.

If that is a needed egress area, I would have to imagine they'd leave the stairs, but could still put an elevator in there somewhere... perhaps.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If that is a needed egress area, I would have to imagine they'd leave the stairs, but could still put an elevator in there somewhere... perhaps.
Possible, there is not a lot of space there to have both stairs and an elevator without enlarging the area by going further into the berm, at least in my opinion.

But its becoming clearer to me after studying the concept art more and listening to a few more vlogger opinions, that long green canopy is not where the ADA elevator will go, that'll be more queue of some sort.

celluloid

The fact that this was announced and may open next year if they work on it pronto should be obvious to anyone that the Coco/Encanto by 2025 was never likely to happen at WDW and 2026 is pushing it by this point.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The fact that this was announced and may open next year if they work on it pronto should be obvious to anyone that the Coco/Encanto by 2025 was never likely to happen at WDW and 2026 is pushing it by this point.
Not that expected that project in the short to medium term for WDW anyways, but why would one have anything to do with the other? Its not like these are the same projects which share budgets or construction crews.

Also lets not get this thread bogged down in WDW projects....

celluloid

Not that expected that project in the short to medium term for WDW anyways, but why would one have anything to do with the other? Its not like these are the same projects which share budgets or construction crews.

Also lets not get this thread bogged down in WDW projects....
Bolded first part because people on here presumed a lot that it would be in 2025 or 2026 to compete with Epic Universe's attention.
Second part this project related. Because when they announce it possible for next year, it is possible. Related because same company timeline. It is valid to wonder if it all will come to fruition altogether, but particularly on time. Even a project of this scale it is fair to question. No bogging down. It is reality of the company's status and same resources.
Its a minor thing that needed a D23 announcement to hype it rather than any other time just being something they were going to do.

If you think announcing a land to the public with what it will actually have in it property wise in September of 2022 and opening maybe in 2026 is short term, than you are too used to current Disney. We are agreeing that it won't happen by then.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Bolded first part because people on here presumed a lot that it would be in 2025 or 2026 to compete with Epic Universe's attention.
Second part this project related. Because when they announce it possible for next year, it is possible. Related because same company timeline. It is valid to wonder if it all will come to fruition altogether, but particularly on time. Even a project of this scale it is fair to question. No bogging down. It is reality of the company's status and same resources.
Its a minor thing that needed a D23 announcement to hype it rather than any other time just being something they were going to do.

If you think announcing a land to the public with what it will actually have in it property wise in September of 2022 and opening maybe in 2026 is short term, than you are too used to current Disney. We are agreeing that it won't happen by then.

Well this is the DLR side of the forum, outside of a few like yourself I doubt many here were really following that project, especially on this side of the forum. But I have real doubts that this project had any bearing on that project's timeline.

As for the timeline of the WDW project, different park with different budgets with different team with different timelines. I haven't really heard much about the Coco/Encanto behind Big Thunder project past D23. I will admit I don't follow WDW projects as closely as I do DLR projects, but I don't think I even heard a rumor of them starting let alone trying to be finished by 2025 or 2026. So yeah I wouldn't even think that was even possible, it was all bluesky at announcment, I would venture to guess if its happening it won't be finished until 2028 at the earliest. So no I don't think a new land by 2026 is a short term doable project.

Anyways best to bring that up on the WDW side.

celluloid

Well this is the DLR side of the forum, outside of a few like yourself I doubt many here were really following that project, especially on this side of the forum. But I have real doubts that this project had any bearing on that project's timeline.

As for the timeline of the WDW project, different park with different budgets with different team with different timelines. I haven't really heard much about the Coco/Encanto behind Big Thunder project past D23. I will admit I don't follow WDW projects as closely as I do DLR project, but I don't think I even heard a rumor of them starting let alone trying to be finished by 2025 or 2026. So yeah I wouldn't even think that was even possible, I would venture to guess if its happening it won't be finished until 2028 at the earliest. So no I don't think a new land by 2026 is a short term doable project.

Anyways best to bring that up on the WDW side.

It does not have any bearing on the project's timeline. That is the point. This one is going to happen because they also hoped that the movie would have had them rolling in some dough and had it ready to go ideally for 2024 if they can.

There will always be a little crossover comparison, as it is a WDW. Don't let it bog you down. I won't be offended if you ignore. It was a really long post of you to just agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom