News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It does not have any bearing on the project's timeline. That is the point. This one is going to happen because they also hoped that the movie would have had them rolling in some dough and had it ready to go ideally for 2024 if they can.

There will always be a little crossover comparison, as it is a WDW. Don't let it bog you down. I won't be offended if you ignore. It was a really long post of you to just agree.
So just a complaint that WDW can't get projects done, got it. I'm pretty sure all of us know that. Lol.

celluloid

So just a complaint that WDW can't get projects done, got it. I'm pretty sure all of us know that. Lol.
You would be surprised how many think that the coco/encanto/villians could be opened in 2025/2026.
Now you will be getting to the point where DL will be no different. Still no new Avengers E-Ticket.

And prepare for cuts and scale backs on projects and timelines.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You would be surprised how many think that the coco/encanto/villians could be opened in 2025/2026.
Ok, I'm not one of them.

Now you will be getting to the point where DL will be no different. Still no new Avengers E-Ticket.
There are all sorts of projects that haven't happened in all parks around the worlds.

For DLR not just Avengers ride, but no TL redo, no GE restaurant, no BOG restaurant, and on and on.....

That happens with every project, no matter which park.

TP2000

Where is this existing "crypt" exit / entrance right now, in comparison to all of this?

The same place it's always been, since 1969. The only real change they've made to this "Exit Crypte=" area is removing the spinning turnstiles at the top of the Speedramp that had been there since '69. Those went away in the 2000's, as I remember.

That crypt area seems like the easiest place to add an elevator?

Nope. Not if the disabled person left their wheelchair back at the Loading area at the start of the ride.

The disabled person needs to get back to their parked wheelchair/ECV that they left back in the Loading area. Thus, they ride the full way around and go past the Unload area, past the "backstage" employee area behind the black curtain, and then down the ramp to the Loading area.

The Loading area is about 10 or 12 feet below the Unloading area. There's a marked elevation change as the Doombuggies come down that steep ramp just before the Loading area.

Thus, the elevator back upstairs for wheelchair folks has to take place from the Loading area, where they left their wheelchair behind in the first place before they boarded their Doombuggy.

The exit gift shop in the 1989 Splash Mountain switchback is a plus, and should clear out the messy merchandise carts from the walkways. But they're going to have about 5% of the hourly ridership who boarded via wheelchair (or friends/family of wheelchair riders) miss the entire Exit Speedramp and new gift shop because of the need to have the new wheelchair elevator located at a lower level, near the Loading area.

This Is How It Will Work.jpg

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
The same place it's always been, since 1969. The only real change they've made to this "Exit Crypte=" area is removing the spinning turnstiles at the top of the Speedramp that had been there since '69. Those went away in the 2000's, as I remember.

Nope. Not if the disabled person left their wheelchair back at the Loading area at the start of the ride.

The disabled person needs to get back to their parked wheelchair/ECV that they left back in the Loading area. Thus, they ride the full way around and go past the Unload area, past the "backstage" employee area behind the black curtain, and then down the ramp to the Loading area.

The Loading area is about 10 or 12 feet below the Unloading area. There's a marked elevation change as the Doombuggies come down that steep ramp just before the Loading area.

Thus, the elevator back upstairs for wheelchair folks has to take place from the Loading area, where they left their wheelchair behind in the first place before they boarded their Doombuggy.

The exit gift shop in the 1989 Splash Mountain switchback is a plus, and should clear out the messy merchandise carts from the walkways. But they're going to have about 5% of the hourly ridership who boarded via wheelchair (or friends/family of wheelchair riders) miss the entire Exit Speedramp and new gift shop because of the need to have the new wheelchair elevator located at a lower level, near the Loading area.

View attachment 740290
The poster is talking about this entrance/exit queue that was used during COVID, it also acts as the emergency exit I believe -

photos-disneyland-using-alternate-haunted-mansion-queue.png

photos-disneyland-using-alternate-haunted-mansion-queue-1.png

This is where I originally thought they might be putting it, and still believe its a possibility.

celluloid

Ok, I'm not one of them.

There are all sorts of projects that haven't happened in all parks around the worlds.

For DLR not just Avengers ride, but no TL redo, no GE restaurant, no BOG restaurant, and on and on.....

That happens with every project, no matter which park.

Yes. And no one ever said you were one of them. You quoted me.

So you now agree it happens to DL too. Got it.

ParkPeeker

What TP is talking about is the long green canopy to the right of that in the concept art, as being a "greenhouse" and the new ADA exit elevator area, which I don't believe either is correct.
I think the long green thing is the greenhouse. The other green thing looks like the gazebo they also mentioned in the announcement.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Yes. And no one ever said you were one of them. You quoted me.

So you now agree it happens to DL too. Got it.
I never said it didn’t happen at DLR, so there isn’t a “now” as I’ve always agreed Disney announces things all the time and doesn’t always follow through, cuts things, and delays things for every Disney Park around the globe. DLR is no exception to that.

Consumer

Why would anybody think this is even happening? The "announcement" at D23 was a hypothetical, not a plan that's going to happen. It's not going to happen by 2025, by 2525, or ever, because it was never an actual plan.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Where is this existing "crypt" exit / entrance right now, in comparison to all of this?

That crypt area seems like the easiest place to add an elevator?
I think the ultimate idea is that the disabled person would still leave their wheelchair/ECV at the load area, then ride through the exit area back to load (like you mentioned) and then get back on their wheelchair/ECV and instead of going back up the stretching room elevator, they would go through the emergency exit that was temporarily used as an entry path during Covid, and the elevator would be somewhere near that area. I'm assuming we are talking about the same thing when we are referring to the crypt.

What most people don't realize until you see it overlayed, is that most of the portrait hall isn't under the berm, but some of it under the outside queue, particularly the portion in the very back corner. Based on the "secret entrance" videos, this is basically how things look:

1693591143235.png

In the video there was a curtain to the left at the bottom of the stairs, so that path with a 6 on it might be it and my drawing might need to be pushed to the right to align with that, but you get the idea.

Disney Analyst

I think the ultimate idea is that the disabled person would still leave their wheelchair/ECV at the load area, then ride through the exit area back to load (like you mentioned) and then get back on their wheelchair/ECV and instead of going back up the stretching room elevator, they would go through the emergency exit that was temporarily used as an entry path during Covid, and the elevator would be somewhere near that area. I'm assuming we are talking about the same thing when we are referring to the crypt.

What most people don't realize until you see it overlayed, is that most of the portrait hall isn't under the berm, but some of it under the outside queue, particularly the portion in the very back corner. Based on the "secret entrance" videos, this is basically how things look:

View attachment 740373

In the video there was a curtain to the left at the bottom of the stairs, so that path with a 6 on it might be it and my drawing might need to be pushed to the right to align with that, but you get the idea.

Thank you, exactly what I was speaking of with the crypt entrance / exit. Which based on that overview, may very well line up with that new greenhouse... We will need to wait and see I guess.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Thank you, exactly what I was speaking of with the crypt entrance / exit. Which based on that overview, may very well line up with that new greenhouse... We will need to wait and see I guess.
Yes, I believe you are correct. The red arrow is pointing to that same retaining wall.....it even has the little fence on top:

1693595285734.png

The crypt door would be located next to that greenhouse canopy. I can't foresee them changing that retaining wall or that emergency exit location.

Stealing Disney Irish's pic from above, you can also note that the crypt entrance is about 4-4.5 feet or so below the grade of the rest of the queue:

1693595359404.png

Disney Irish

Premium Member

View attachment 740373

As I mentioned previously this is where I thought it would go when I first read the announcement, as it makes the most sense if they were to put it on this side. Though I still think it could be possible to add it to the traditional exit, but we'll forego that discussion for now.

I'm still not convinced the green canopy is anything more than additional themed queue. I know we think Disney is cheap, but there are better ways to hide a new elevator than just using a generic "canopy". So to me they would just build the new elevator into the existing "crypt" space, maybe going into the berm a bit if needed, and make the elevator let out along that "crypt" path, and theme appropriately.

Disney Analyst

Yes, I believe you are correct. The red arrow is pointing to that same retaining wall.....it even has the little fence on top:

View attachment 740408

The crypt door would be located next to that greenhouse canopy. I can't foresee them changing that retaining wall or that emergency exit location.

Stealing Disney Irish's pic from above, you can also note that the crypt entrance is about 4-4.5 feet or so below the grade of the rest of the queue:

View attachment 740409

Based on that retaining wall, assuming its the same as the one in the actual picture, showing the below grade entrance... wouldn't the green canopy be to the right (of the photo), which may confirm it is being used as additional queue, and the crypt entrance will remain just beside it?

ParkPeeker

Based on that retaining wall, assuming its the same as the one in the actual picture, showing the below grade entrance... wouldn't the green canopy be to the right (of the photo), which may confirm it is being used as additional queue, and the crypt entrance will remain just beside it?
If we assume that not an inch of the current queue is being used, the green house in the art looks to be quite a bit farther back than the crypt door, around this very general area in red
IMG_3950.jpeg

If it’s in fact closer to the emergency exit, then the concept art is far more artistically deviated from reality than I thought lol

Disney Analyst

If we assume that not an inch of the current queue is being used, the green house in the art looks to be quite a bit farther back than the crypt door, around this very general area in red
View attachment 740433

If it’s in fact closer to the emergency exit, then the concept art is far more artistically deviated from reality than I thought lol

Good point, if the current switch backs are under those new trellises, then that makes sense.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
View attachment 740433

Which is the reason why I don't think the green canopy is for sure going to be for the ADA elevator.

eddie104

Not that expected that project in the short to medium term for WDW anyways, but why would one have anything to do with the other? Its not like these are the same projects which share budgets or construction crews.

Also lets not get this thread bogged down in WDW projects....
A lot of random posters on this side of the pond have this strange obsession with mentioning WDW any chance they get. Honestly it’s really weird if you ask me. Like why can’t people never stick to the topic at hand without throwing random digs at the other park.

At least you are trying to get things back on track which isn’t always the case over here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom