News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

Figments Friend

Here is a photo I snapped today of the space between the Mansion and the new retail shop.

@mickEblu will be happy to see those Italian style tall trees are for the most part still there.

8559390B-F86E-49B6-92DF-E8B13D8C7F95.jpeg

And here is another shot I snapped, showing how the oversized shop covers the view of the Mansion itself when walking towards it from Critter / Bayou Country.
Not pleased with this…

44B7C9E2-23F8-4619-9BC9-B18EA4308034.jpeg

Figments Friend

It’ll be interesting to see if the scale changes as they finish the exterior and the construction walls come down, so far it looks just like the concept art, which matches the scale of the Mansion nicely, the pictures do make it look much larger though.

View attachment 817360

Yeah I can solidly say right now after spending five days looking at this in person that the concept art is very misleading and ‘lies’ regarding the size and scale.
But concept art can do this sometimes.

This artwork makes the Mansion look huge and the shop tiny in comparison.
That is not the case…

I wish the build DID look like this scale wise…it would fit better visually and not mess with the sight lines.

-

Professortango1

The size of the gift shop is jarring.
Size and placement. It should be recessed so that the Mansion is still the focal point rather than having something in front of it. The carriage house should have been placed near the railroad on the other side of the Mansion and been similar to the build they did for Jungle Cruise back in the 90's. Covered ground floor being merch with a small amount of the extended queue winding around the carriage house and leading to an upstairs extended queue. But they wanted the gift shop near the exit because some chart told them that's where people spend more money.

mickEblu

I like to think we're just another cog in the machine, but yours is apropos to the situation. ;)

Anyways I've liked what I've seen so far with this project, execution has been really nice so far in my opinion.

Ehhhh. I’ve seen it in person. The HM front yard in general leaves a little to be desired

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom