News New Haunted Mansion Grounds Expansion, Retail Shop Coming to Disneyland Resort in 2024

mickEblu

What are the rumored POTC queue changes?

Looking at an overhead map I can’t see any scenario where a rerouted queue doesn’t block something, it would be nice to get the queue out of the walkways but I can’t see a way to do it that would be less intrusive than what they are currently doing.

That they use all the space currently occupied by Royal Street for Verandah to Pieces of 8 for an expanded indoor queue space. If true, hoping they leave that Court of Angels like space between the HM shop and and Po8 alone. They should just use Royal Street Verandah and the HM shop space.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
What are the rumored POTC queue changes?

Looking at an overhead map I can’t see any scenario where a rerouted queue doesn’t block something, it would be nice to get the queue out of the walkways but I can’t see a way to do it that would be less intrusive than what they are currently doing.
Picture it this way. This is a representation of the current queue. The routing in the inner courtyard is probably different, but it gets the point across. Red is Lightning Lane and Green is standby. They merge at the front door. The dotted green portion is extended queue out into the bridge and walkways, etc.

1726955988656.png

What they can do is cut the line at the Royal Street Veranda under the stairs, go through the shops, then come back out to the merge point. This would extend the inner queue in an effort to reduce the extended portions blocking the walkways as much as possible. I made all the in-shop queue up just for illustration purposes.

1726956230278.png

Vegas Disney Fan

That they use all the space currently occupied by Royal Street for Verandah to Pieces of 8 for an expanded indoor queue space. If true, hoping they leave that Court of Angels like space between the HM shop and and Po8 alone. They should just use Royal Street Verandah and the HM shop space.
Oh, that makes sense, enter under the bridge first and then go right after the courtyard rather than left into the POTC building, that could work. I’d hate to lose the courtyard and Pieces of 8 also but with the new HM shop and Tiana’s having Gumbo the soup store and Curiosities store wouldn’t be a huge loss.

mickEblu

Oh, that makes sense, enter under the bridge first and then go right after the courtyard rather than left into the POTC building, that could work. I’d hate to lose the courtyard and Pieces of 8 also but with the new HM shop and Tiana’s having Gumbo the soup store and Curiosities store wouldn’t be a huge loss.

Po8 isn’t going anywhere. Not sure about the little space between the shops. Even if it gets consumed by the queue I see no reason to alter anything there. With that said, hoping it does not get consumed by the Q. That little bit of space is more valuable as a fun little area to stumble on or hear The Bootstrappers play. If they decide to make it part of the queue it would be a pretty great example of their ineptitude and poor decision making these days.

Last edited:

wityblack

Po8 isn’t going anywhere. Not sure about the little space between the shops. Even if it gets consumed by the queue I see no reason to alter anything there. With that said, hoping it does not get consumed by the Q. That little bit of space is more valuable as a fun little area to stumble on or hear The Bootstrappers play. If they decide to make it part of the queue it would be a pretty great example of their ineptitude and poor decision making these days.
Solving a problem isn't always ineptitude. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made. I am hopeful that Pieces of Eight stays though.

mickEblu

Solving a problem isn't always ineptitude. Sometimes sacrifices have to be made. I am hopeful that Pieces of Eight stays though.

Of course but I’ve seen enough to not give them the benefit of the doubt until they earn some of my trust back. In this specific example, I can’t imagine a scenario that would require them to extend the queue in that space. The trade-off isn’t worth it.

Last edited:

wityblack

If they could get it to smell better back there, they should do lightning lane like this:
1726977090906.png

Also, would be nice if they could figure out a way to make the general line ADA accessible. Or build a better ADA loading queue.

mickEblu

Remember when Disney said that Lightning Lane for Pirates was temporary whilst HM was closed/on VQ. Do we think Pirates on LL is now permanent?

Probably but if they were to go ahead with the extended indoor queue and get rid of LL it would almost certainly get everyone off the walkways for the majority of the year.

Figments Friend

‘PoTc’ queue has I think become worse since the last time I visited Disneyland five years ago.
I remember the extended area in the walkway but wow has it now become a hot mess.

‘Pirates’ suddenly seems to be a even bigger draw now it seems just based on my observations over the last five days.
It is the only Attraction I wanted to experience again this trip but there was no way I was waiting in the crazy lines I saw.
Everything else I wanted to see or do I had no issues with either short waits or near walk ons.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom