• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

celluloid

Advertisement
Lets see your source on this.
For sure Rowling and WB has consulted on other projects and it is great PR to the fanbase, but she is not one to work with the theme park medium in creating attractions and understanding operations is understandably not her expertise.
She collected the checks, and Warner Brothers often share the load. She is fine with many things that get blown out of proportion.
Stuart Craig and others are a part of a Themed Entertainment and often a universal Creative Projects under the Potter Portfolio. It is not as studio involved as before.

JT3000

For sure Rowling and WB has consulted on other projects and it is great PR to the fanbase, but she is not one to work with the theme park medium in creating attractions and understanding operations is understandably not her expertise.
She collected the checks, and Warner Brothers often share the load. She is fine with many things that get blown out of proportion.
Stuart Craig and others are a part of a Themed Entertainment and often a universal Creative Projects under the Potter Portfolio. It is not as studio involved as before.
She doesn't understand theme park operations... which is exactly why Wizarding World wasn't built to their usual standards with regards to capacity. She has quite clearly had her say in things, and I doubt that has changed much, if at all with this attraction.

Rich Brownn

Not only does she have a say, she even has a room above Diagon Alley that is hers when she visits. While she may defer in operational capacity to the designers, and initial pitch and any change must be signed off by her. Both her and Warner are very, very strict on what is done.

celluloid

Not only does she have a say, she even has a room above Diagon Alley that is hers when she visits. While she may defer in operational capacity to the designers, and initial pitch and any change must be signed off by her. Both her and Warner are very, very strict on what is done.
I understand what you are saying. Her being comfortable and having tributes and respect is not equal to a creative director or leadership positions. WB, like other big companies have learned to have liscencing for experience departments that work with themed entertainment to keep branding and quality control. Strict and saying what is to be done are different.

Last edited:

Rich Brownn

Like I said, it took three years to change a sign at Hogsmede station. The delayed did not come from Warners. Apparently there were concerns that the sign would become too big and intrusive. She apparently agreed on the final design. The only people who get to overrule her is safety, hence the metal detectors.

lazyboy97o

Like I said, it took three years to change a sign at Hogsmede station. The delayed did not come from Warners. Apparently there were concerns that the sign would become too big and intrusive. She apparently agreed on the final design. The only people who get to overrule her is safety, hence the metal detectors.
No, Rowling is not that involved and she doesn’t get whatever she wants. Like any project there is compromise for things like budget and operational needs.

celluloid

Except the restrooms in Wizarding World are the only ones on property without a sharps container for guests. Theming took precedence and safety was overruled.
Yes, I was there when that that was brought up for Diagon alley. But the sharps containers are under a facility category and it was ruled that there was one close e ought in other locations. Same going for Hogsneade. It is not a safety requirement. But it would certainly be nice. Wizards go to the restroom, but do not need injections.

Princess Leia

No, the rest of the sign, the most prominent part is not installed yet.
The full name is Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure. I believe the sign may have the Motorbike Adventure part as fiber optics that will fade in and out similar to the Hollywood Tower Hotel has the Tower of Terror part that fades in and out.
Dang, I got my hopes up

Tonto

So, the obvious is this ride will be amazing, but I am disappointed with the Hagrid animatronic. It looks a bit hokey, even though Universal said this is their most advanced animatronic. It’s still a bit disappointing, expecially seeing what Disney did with Hondo, and even with the Avator ani.
With that being said, it probably wont matter with the proper lighting.

Tonto

Hagrid looks great. The movement is only thing I’m questioning since they didn’t show it off much. But he looks just fine.
He looks ok. I wouldn’t say great. The movement was definitely of concern. If you are going to show off your new AA, aren’t you going to show video that demostrates how technologically advance it is?

sonoma15

He looks ok. I wouldn’t say great. The movement was definitely of concern. If you are going to show off your new AA, aren’t you going to show video that demostrates how technologically advance it is?
For Disney, yes. For Universal, im surprised they even showed off the animatronic.

celluloid

For Disney, yes. For Universal, im surprised they even showed off the animatronic.
This. We are also.less than a.month from many human bodies riding this so they are not hyping it like the months out like Hondo was for a major aspect.of an entirely new land.
This is An Animatronic that will likely be meant to view for a long sequence as it sounds like is he is talking about The Blast Ended Skrewt for "our lesson" as we slowly pass by on the cycles.

Top Bottom