New Harry Potter Coaster Confirmed for 2019 (Dragon's Challenge Closing Sept 4th)

JT3000

While I agree with you about Tron, the outdoor experience of Test Track doesn't break theme.
The theme of Test Track isn't Tron. The theme of test track is designing a car in the digital world...and that outdoor portion is the car breaking out of the digital world into the real world.

Whatever the new theme is supposed to be, it doesn't work. They should've left it alone IMO.

Tom Morrow

While I agree with you about Tron, the outdoor experience of Test Track doesn't break theme.
The theme of Test Track isn't Tron. The theme of test track is designing a car in the digital world...and that outdoor portion is the car breaking out of the digital world into the real world.
It's not this, though. You're essentially inside a computer simulation and riding along on a "benchmark test". The concept is honestly too abstract and just doesn't work in general.

WDWFREAK53

It's not this, though. You're essentially inside a computer simulation and riding along on a "benchmark test". The concept is honestly too abstract and just doesn't work in general.

Don't get me wrong...I'm not saying it's a perfect attraction by any means.
Personally I think they "mailed it in" with the theming. They wanted to show that you can design a car in the digital world...and it's put up against the benchmark car (testing in the digital world). The end is the benchmark car going into production and becoming reality.

What I don't like is the aesthetics of it. Why does everything futuristic and digital mean "Tron?" If you look at how they test vehicles in computer simulations...the programs don't look like Tron.

That being said, the original Test Track wasn't exactly "Future World." To be honest, it was "About a decade ago World." It needed a refresher but the end result isn't that great.

doctornick

So, regarding Hagrids....

Do we know if it will use Express Pass?

And am I reading it correctly that IoA will not have Early Park Admission in June even though Studios does? Seems odd to me that the park with the new ride opening where demand will be highest will not open for longer hours.

JT3000

So, regarding Hagrids....

Do we know if it will use Express Pass?

And am I reading it correctly that IoA will not have Early Park Admission in June even though Studios does? Seems odd to me that the park with the new ride opening where demand will be highest will not open for longer hours.

It will have Express... eventually. Like the previous Potter attractions, they're withholding its use when the ride first opens.

OG Runner

Agreed.

Though I would prefer no Express (or Fastpass) for any rides at all anywhere so the standby lines never grind to a crawl when a surplus of Express users show up.

I totally understand your point, but there are a number of rides I never would have gotten on without Express or Fastpasses.
The parks are just so crowded and my vacations are not that long.

lazyboy97o

I totally understand your point, but there are a number of rides I never would have gotten on without Express or Fastpasses.
The parks are just so crowded and my vacations are not that long.
FastPass in particular was created to increase crowding. You’re doing exactly as desired, thanking the system for helping you with the problem it intentionally created.

OG Runner

I am not arguing the point that overcrowding may have become a result, along with just the increase in crowds. I don't understand
why would the company look to increase crowding? I understand looking to increase the number of guests, but "crowding"?

zachrupertdsn

Any truth to the rumors floating around the internet the reason for no soft openings is the ride is rougher then expected, and they are throwing up temporary fixes to make sure it doesn't miss the opening?

raven

Any truth to the rumors floating around the internet the reason for no soft openings is the ride is rougher then expected, and they are throwing up temporary fixes to make sure it doesn't miss the opening?
No truth to that one. Walls came down overnight and they now have team members out greeting guests and answering questions. But no soft openings announced yet.

Disneyhead'71

The ride is not rougher than expected. It is more forceful than expected and it is causing more wear and tear on the RVs. The fix is they will be performing maintenance more often than they had originally planned.

Tonto

The ride is not rougher than expected. It is more forceful than expected and it is causing more wear and tear on the RVs. The fix is they will be performing maintenance more often than they had originally planned.
Tomato, tomata.... your splitting hairs....
We will find out soon enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom