News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Goofyernmost

Most people can walk faster than a moving sidewalk. It’s not hard. The group moves forward and as the gondola crawls along at 1mph, they step into the gondola.

Emirates Line in London has you loading on the curve. One guy at the top of the line, another at the bend. The group walks towards the 2nd guy who says “this one” as it comes in. They load whilst the next group approaches and gets directed to the following one. If anyone distracts the “CM” then the group left waiting does one of two things: uses their initiative and gets into one of the gondola cars or stands like lemons waiting to be told what to do. We just got into the one that the lemons watched go past!
You could be right, as I stated clearly it was my opinion of how it would work based on my thoughts. They could very well do it different, but, until it is full operation for a few weeks what the routine will be remains a complete mystery. I still stick with what I think about it. I don't think there is any huge prize awaiting any of us for being correct on our guesses.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Most people can walk faster than a moving sidewalk. It’s not hard. The group moves forward and as the gondola crawls along at 1mph, they step into the gondola.

Emirates Line in London has you loading on the curve. One guy at the top of the line, another at the bend. The group walks towards the 2nd guy who says “this one” as it comes in. They load whilst the next group approaches and gets directed to the following one. If anyone distracts the “CM” then the group left waiting does one of two things: uses their initiative and gets into one of the gondola cars or stands like lemons waiting to be told what to do. We just got into the one that the lemons watched go past!

Oh, good, the stations will have a lemon stand!

nace888

I don't remember if someone answered me previously, but will the cabins be stored up each night, or will they remain on the cable?

nace888

Not sure what you mean by "cabin numbers". If you mean, will the cabins have numbers visible on them, I would assume so.
That's what I meant, since I'd imagine at park close, a station can notify others that "Cabin 21 clear" etc to 'deadhead' the cabins at night.

Goofyernmost

What he means is that at the end of the night a station stops loading at car #X, and when that car gets back to the station they know the line is clear.
Seems like a logical way to do it or just have a way to tag the last one. Numbers would be difficult because unless they all ran in sequence it would be difficult to be watching for it. I'm sure that they have the ability to put extra cars in place as well and not always have the same ones on a single line. I wonder if it is something like the things they gave out in lines to determine how long it takes to get to the front. Just hand it to the last rider to give to the CM's at the end of the line.

JoeCamel

What he means is that at the end of the night a station stops loading at car #X, and when that car gets back to the station they know the line is clear.
Seems like a logical way to do it or just have a way to tag the last one. Numbers would be difficult because unless they all ran in sequence it would be difficult to be watching for it. I'm sure that they have the ability to put extra cars in place as well and not always have the same ones on a single line. I wonder if it is something like the things they gave out in lines to determine how long it takes to get to the front. Just hand it to the last rider to give to the CM's at the end of the line.
They wouldn't use the number, just have the CM ride the last one on into the station.

nace888

Be more like #146 door not locking or protein spill in #187. They do not "route" the cars.
That could be another valid reason to do so....
That actually IS what I most certainly meant...
The wait-time cards are not a bad idea, but given the ride and how guests will be looking around etc, I'm wondering if they'd even remember that this was a thing.... As for cabins, I'm aware they always won't be on the same line, but when it comes to closing etc, I would imagine that they wouldn't be adding another cabin mere minutes before shutdown.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom