• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner

Patcheslee

If these things really run at 7 m/s (I'm skeptical) the longest single stretch would be 7 minutes from Epcot to the hub. DHS line would take just 3 minutes and the lake 2.5 minutes. 1,378 feet a minute is FAST!
I think it will be less then that. Should be 5 to 10 minutes actually in the car per leg, and then whatever the transfer time is at CBR. Unless the lines are long you should be able to do the Epcot to DHS trip in less then 20 minutes.
As accurate as you've been on timing and info, personally think I'll overestimate time to 30 minutes that way anything less feels quick. 😁

Minnie1976

Advertisement
Has anyone heard of when the gondolas will be completed? I can’t wait to ride them.

begood524

Is it safe to assume that the test gondola at Hollywood is not permanently installed there? Mickey Views is claiming that the gondola is now "installed" on the system which I am assuming is just clickbait.

Goofyernmost

Do you think they are going to build a steel platform under the cars in case emergency unloading is needed? Looks like they need to build something there since the service stairs don't go anywhere right now.
They never put any on the Monorails and those are going to be gliding much lower then the Monorails, so I wouldn't bet on it.

Lift Blog

Do you think they are going to build a steel platform under the cars in case emergency unloading is needed? Looks like they need to build something there since the service stairs don't go anywhere right now.
I was thinking no platform based on what we've seen. Maybe just some catwalks from the bottoms of the stairs to the little building. Those posts, one on each side, appear to go right into the terminal. They must be for something.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
I was thinking no platform based on what we've seen. Maybe just some catwalks from the bottoms of the stairs to the little building. Those posts, one on each side, appear to go right into the terminal. They must be for something.
Probably the poles for billboards that Disney will rent to Cracker Barrel.

nickys

Premium Member
Bio gave us another photo. I think these are going to be stub rails on both sides of the Boardwalk station for launching and/or removing cabins if necessary. Might be easier to roll a truck/crane in there than the hub, especially once the system is open.
Stub rails? Can you explain please?

Here comes our next lesson on gondola systems. Who says frequenting internet fan sites aren’t educational? :p

toolsnspools

Looks to me like the station will be on the second floor, and the poles are part of the station building that will be built around the standard gondola station sections.

Top Bottom