News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
None of the artwork for the gondolas showed the exit as being in the sterile zone, so, that had me wondering. But then again, artist concepts are notorious for lack of accuracy.
Its amazing to me that everyone is down with people losing the ability to procreate on their magical vacation. I guess its all part of the "thinner herd", "fatter wallet" vacation concept they're pushing.

po1998

For those who believe the towers should have some level of theming, I wonder how any theming would interfere with PM or repairs that would need to be done in the future?

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I do wonder how this will work for the Epcot side...Will they have that section of the skyliner closed until 11am since World Showcase normally opens around that time? Or will this change and now open the entire area of World Showcase along with Future World at 9am since they will be mass crowds heading to France's expansion for Ratatouille?

I know they have Mexico & Norway open at 9 (Not sure if Canada is as well?) But, in a way I can understand for an earlier opening of the pavilions..It will be interesting to see how this will work..

The international gateway entrance opens at 9:00 (or whenever the main entrance opens). They just make you head towards Future World once you are in the park.

Although, now that breakfast is served in France, I guess they let you go that way as well.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I do wonder how this will work for the Epcot side...Will they have that section of the skyliner closed until 11am since World Showcase normally opens around that time? Or will this change and now open the entire area of World Showcase along with Future World at 9am since they will be mass crowds heading to France's expansion for Ratatouille?

I know they have Mexico & Norway open at 9 (Not sure if Canada is as well?) But, in a way I can understand for an earlier opening of the pavilions..It will be interesting to see how this will work..
As @DisneyJeff said, they make you go towards Future World. There are CM's that stand at the bridge that leads to France to let you know that only Les Halles Boulangerie (in France Pavilion) is open for breakfast but you can not go past France Pavilion (in the direction towards Morocco).

France Pavilion in the morning is one of the most relaxing and quiet spots in WDW (IMO) as most everybody in Epcot is heading to the attractions. Time will tell if the Rat ride will be open in the morning and the peaceful setting will be gone.

lazyboy97o

As @DisneyJeff said, they make you go towards Future World. There are CM's that stand at the bridge that leads to France to let you know that only Les Halles Boulangerie (in France Pavilion) is open for breakfast but you can not go past France Pavilion (in the direction towards Morocco).

France Pavilion in the morning is one of the most relaxing and quiet spots in WDW (IMO) as most everybody in Epcot is heading to the attractions. Time will tell if the Rat ride will be open in the morning and the peaceful setting will be gone.
Access to Ratatouille from International Gateway will bypass most the existing pavilion. Although it is ridiculous that one of the ten most popular theme parks in the world has phased opening and closing nearly every single day of the year.

Last edited:

Bocabear

For those who believe the towers should have some level of theming, I wonder how any theming would interfere with PM or repairs that would need to be done in the future?
The gondolas in motion are going to be some lovely kinetic eye candy... Theming to the towers is just not necessary... All those years there were towers right through the Magic Kingdom and they really did not need theming... The Skyliner will not be running through any thematic environments perse...so aside from maybe the first tower outside of a station, I don't believe any sort of theming would be necessary. They are going to look great!

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Wednesday, March 28, 2018. First Skyliner cable tower in Hollywood Studios parking lot. The tower is surrounded by four concrete traffic barriers. (I know....there are previously posted photos from an alternate website....but this photo is original.) There is also serious parking lot construction (underground utilities) ongoing for the revamped bus lot, which impacts the Buena Vista Drive entrance routing.

IMG_0357.JPG

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

I'm guessing it will run at least 30 minutes prior to park opening (8:30 normally, 7:30 on EMH days). Rat/Poppins/Frozen will no doubt be opening at park opening (EMH)...

IG, once a lonely perk of walking in from YC/BC/BW, is about to become super-saturated at park opening... thereby reducing the value of access to the IG.

I expect they'll be doing some price leveling (up) on the Values with Skyliner access.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom