News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

raymusiccity

Looks pretty standard. Will they paint them?

Makes me wonder.. would they camouflage these osmehow like these telecom towers near DAK which loT
The cell tower trees look so natural!
IMG_2263.JPG
[/QUOTE]

Creathir

Will construction take longer because they schedule the Dopplemyer work during winter months so they can go back to their usual ski clients during the summer? They may be doing some work now only to take a long break in summer.
Ah, that makes a lot of sense actually.

Also gives Disney time to build the surrounding infrastructure etc.

msg7

In The Loop, a pretty well respected Youtube channel by "roller coaster enthusiasts", posted a construction update.

Idea: Does anyone else think it would be a good idea that instead of theming the gondola cars with Disney characters, give them different color stripes like the monorails? Just a thought...

Creathir

In The Loop, a pretty well respected Youtube channel by "roller coaster enthusiasts", posted a construction update.

Idea: Does anyone else think it would be a good idea that instead of theming the gondola cars with Disney characters, give them different color stripes like the monorails? Just a thought...

Honestly I would do this and separate the stripe color based on the line, but then they couldn’t be used between the lines, so likely why not.

MaximumEd

Galvanized steel can be painted, but requires extra care and surface preparation to ensure coating failure doesn’t take place. In most cases, when a company spends extra to have a part galvanized, it isn’t planning on painting it. Certified corrosion technologist and coating inspector, by trade, though I certainly don’t claim to know Disney’s plans for this, only what is typical.

TheWG

Reality check: North America's 116 gondola systems have operated without a rider fatality for 41 straight years (not counting this suicide.)

I highly doubt even a single one of those 116 is marginally comparable to the diverse amount of people and the physical health of said people in enclosed passively vented gondolas in the Florida summer sun. This move is purely financially economical for Disney. No other reason. The pro’s are simply financial. To spin it any other way is just silly. It will be fine- but they don’t care about your convenience or comfort here. It just had to be good enough for the cost savings they will sow. Personally I don’t stay at these resorts regardless but I would avoid this thing like the plague. It certainly isn’t looking into the future at all. This is going back to old technology that will save them a fortune. Don’t let anyone tell you it’s anything other than that.

GeneralKnowledge

I highly doubt even a single one of those 116 is marginally comparable to the diverse amount of people and the physical health of said people in enclosed passively vented gondolas in the Florida summer sun. This move is purely financially economical for Disney. No other reason. The pro’s are simply financial. To spin it any other way is just silly. It will be fine- but they don’t care about your convenience or comfort here. It just had to be good enough for the cost savings they will sow. Personally I don’t stay at these resorts regardless but I would avoid this thing like the plague. It certainly isn’t looking into the future at all. This is going back to old technology that will save them a fortune. Don’t let anyone tell you it’s anything other than that.

Are you trying to say we should be expecting a sharp increase in gondola related deaths due to heat stroke from this system?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom