News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

ThistleMae

I'm surprised no one has brought up the people stuck on the lift in Austria today who had to be evacuated with helicopters.
Did anyone see that movie about the young people trapped on the ski lift, who ended up being eaten by wolves? Can't remember the name of it, but it was really good.

ThistleMae

I'm excited about the gondolas! That way I can plan my day around...do I take the boat, do I take the bus, do I take the monorail, do I walk, do I call for the special poka dot vans (whatever they are called) or do I ride the gondolas? Just so many options. The more the better if it gets me where I want to go in less time.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
No no no. This is Disney's new innovative twists on Gondolas. Heat stroke, gators and drowning are the new dangers and what makes it worth while to ride the sky tram of death.
Mickey's Skyliner of Death, if you please...

No, acceptable wait times will be made up for a ladder rescue. I'm thinking 2 hours is acceptable to most people.
I heard they were training these guys for gondola rescues...
1517345096925.png

Cesar R M

The last one seems pretty stupid to award her money for her stupidity.
If I read correctly, she pried the doors open of one of the lifts thinking it was in the clear.. ignored weather warnings and still hoped in..

Then she got "emotional distress" for her own dumb actions?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
If I read correctly, she pried the doors open of one of the lifts thinking it was in the clear.. ignored weather warnings and still hoped in..

The article also says that Killington admitted that they did not follow procedures, so there is probably more to the story then we are seeing the articles.

Slowjack

Under joint and several liability rules, any liable party can be made to pay all damages, even if the injured party was also liable. This is what happened in the famous McDonald's coffee case, for example. It can even happen if a liable party is also a victim, which is how people injured in the first WTC bombing were able to sue the Port Authority.

ThistleMae

No no no. This is Disney's new innovative twists on Gondolas. Heat stroke, gators and drowning are the new dangers and what makes it worth while to ride the sky tram of death.
True, no frozen fingers that fall off because of frostbite. And right, no wolves to wait for you to try and jump off because Disney closed down for the night and left you there. Good points.

Lift Blog

What is the standard process for preventing this sort of thing from happening?
Bottom operator calls a last chair/gondola to the top. Some ski areas require a cone or other marker to be placed on this chair. After last chair, operator watches lift to make sure no one loads. When last chair reaches the top (or back to the bottom on a lift with downloading,) lift is stopped. Some ski areas then have a person ski down the line to verify no one is on the lift.

On gondolas with cabin parking, it is somewhat moot because anyone left on the lift would go in a nice warm warehouse anyways!

Creathir

Bottom operator calls a last chair/gondola to the top. Some ski areas require a cone or other marker to be placed on this chair. After last chair, operator watches lift to make sure no one loads. When last chair reaches the top (or back to the bottom on a lift with downloading,) lift is stopped. Some ski areas then have a person ski down the line to verify no one is on the lift.

On gondolas with cabin parking, it is somewhat moot because anyone left on the lift would go in a nice warm warehouse anyways!

I wonder how other multi-entry transit systems handle this? Same approach?

Treat each direction as “uphill” to prevent boarding?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom