News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

TrojanUSC

Bottom operator calls a last chair/gondola to the top. Some ski areas require a cone or other marker to be placed on this chair. After last chair, operator watches lift to make sure no one loads. When last chair reaches the top (or back to the bottom on a lift with downloading,) lift is stopped. Some ski areas then have a person ski down the line to verify no one is on the lift.

On gondolas with cabin parking, it is somewhat moot because anyone left on the lift would go in a nice warm warehouse anyways!

A somewhat similar process is used at many Disney attractions, it's common for 1-2 the cast members at each attraction to "ride down" the attraction, boarding just after the last day guests so they know the attraction is clear and check for any show issues.

Rob562

A somewhat similar process is used at many Disney attractions, it's common for 1-2 the cast members at each attraction to "ride down" the attraction, boarding just after the last day guests so they know the attraction is clear and check for any show issues.

And then there's my friend who was a bellhop at Tower of Terror and was accidentally "advanced" beyond Unload and got stuck sitting in the darkness of the Unload floor between Unload and the Load lift shafts... (Though this was during pre-opening. Eventually someone heard him yelling and they advanced that side until he arrived back at the boiler room)

-Rob

nickys

Premium Member
And then there's my friend who was a bellhop at Tower of Terror and was accidentally "advanced" beyond Unload and got stuck sitting in the darkness of the Unload floor between Unload and the Load lift shafts... (Though this was during pre-opening. Eventually someone heard him yelling and they advanced that side until he arrived back at the boiler room)

-Rob

Is it mean to "like" this? :joyfull:

How long was he stuck there for?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Those who want to capture the view from the parks IG bridge towards the Epcot resorts as it is should do it quick.

Because here's the footer for a gondola pole by the flower bed by France opposite the IG..

ZgBUHgm.jpg

On the IG side, I think there's now a standing pole (or it might be a pile driver at rest).

On the Boardwalk turning station, they're still pushing dirt and water around.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Because here's the footer for a gondola pole by the flower bed by France opposite the IG..

ZgBUHgm.jpg

On the IG side, I think there's now a standing pole (or it might be a pile driver at rest).

On the Boardwalk turning station, they're still pushing dirt and water around.

Yeah, Boardwalk required part of the retention pond to be filled in.

capture2-jpg.189461

Kman101

I know folks get concerned but we wouldn't be getting these things if those in charge didn't deem them appropriate. You won't be riding these in a hurricane. No one needs to angst over these things. You can find a potential problem in anything and everything in life if you look hard enough.

Unless of course it's an upcharge event, a keg in each gondola that swings and sways in the 100+ mph winds, and bonus points if it snaps off and you go flying into that alligator infested swamp. Nothing beats that! Think of it as a more thrilling monorail drinking and resort tour

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I know folks get concerned but we wouldn't be getting these things if those in charge didn't deem them appropriate. You won't be riding these in a hurricane. No one needs to angst over these things. You can find a potential problem in anything and everything in life if you look hard enough.

Unless of course it's an upcharge event, a keg in each gondola that swings and sways in the 100+ mph winds, and bonus points if it snaps off and you go flying into that alligator infested swamp. Nothing beats that! Think of it as a more thrilling monorail drinking and resort tour

... especially when you consider that this isn't some cutting edge technology developed by or specifically for Disney. This is proven technology that is being used all over the world and is being provided by one of the top companies in the field.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom