News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

hockeyfran

Hey, I simply corrected the inaccuracies in your post with accurate information.

Did I provide more tham the majority would get or enjoy, perhaps...

You don't want to get "bent" about being corrected?? Post accurate information and, as my mother (an English teacher) said - proofread, proofread, proofread.
Am I the only one who noticed the irony in this post about proofreading?

Did I provide more tham the majority would get or enjoy, perhaps...
:hilarious::hilarious:

Goofyernmost

That's funny, didn't notice that and that's also the reason why I'm a bad proofreader. My mind fills in the correct words.
I used to be in publishing and the cardinal rule was never proof your own work. You will see the words that you intended to put there instead of the error. Actually the best way to spot them is to look at the post again right after you post it. Then the errors will mostly jump right out at you. Or come back in a few hours and read it again.

allgiggles

I used to be in publishing and the cardinal rule was never proof your own work. You will see the words that you intended to put there instead of the error. Actually the best way to spot them is to look at the post again right after you post it. Then the errors will mostly jump right out at you. Or come back in a few hours and read it again.

Or read it backwards. Doesn't help with having the "wrong" word, but it helps to catch typos.

nickys

Premium Member
They were stuck without heat or UV protection over a mountain range with yetis on the loose in the middle of avalanche season. Surely that's got to count for something.

Yetis? In Austria? ;)

But heck, you just brought up another hazard we haven't discussed. Avalanches. I mean, hasn't there just been snow in Florida..?

DisAl

I can think of a couple of avalanches that happen on a regular basis such as the "park dump" after Fantasmic and the rush for the gates after HEA....

Lift Blog

I'm surprised no one has brought up the people stuck on the lift in Austria today who had to be evacuated with helicopters.
Nobody had to be evacuated with helicopters. We don't do that in the United States because it is unnecessarily dangerous. Worst case, gondolas can be easily reached by ground crews. There will be ladders on every tower and a nice cable pre-rigged between them.

Last edited:

cosmicgirl

Nobody had to be evacuated with helicopters. We don't do that in the United States because it is unnecessarily dangerous. Worst case, gondolas can be easily reached by ground crews. There will be ladders on every tower and a nice cable pre-rigged between them.

I appreciate all your expertise, but that post was not to be taken seriously... Clearly a special font is indeed needed to indicate that, as you're not the first one who didn't read it as intended. I'm technically savvy enough to not freak out about a potential evacuation. Heck, the helicopter thing sounds fun!

ThistleMae

No it wouldn't take that long. I've gone up 5,000 vertical feet in not that long of a time period.

Anyone want to do the math?

No anchor points so it wouldn't work and the weight of a very long cable would be to much but I'm sure I could figure how long it would take to go 50,000 vertical feet up a mountain.
Let's see, Mt. Everest is aprx. 29,000 feet. Of course we wouldn't be walking, but we would need a supplemental oxygen supply.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom