News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

NeedMoreMickey

You are wrong. Its not anywhere near the Rat construction area. If you are standing at International Gateway, looking across the canal, the work is being done behind the embankment with the giant flower bed
I agree this is probably more for the Ratatouille construction. The trees may have to come out now in order to have room for the construction equipment but that doesn't mean some landscape won't be returned when the ride is finished.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You are wrong. Its not anywhere near the Rat construction area. If you are standing at International Gateway, looking across the canal, the work is being done behind the embankment with the giant flower bed
26904467_10212828335337272_5086273241961283531_n.jpg
That sounds like cable car work. Especially around the flower bed area and secondary dock as we’ll see.

mmascari

Here's the route of the cable in red. It cuts through part of that floral bed and also goes directly behind France.

ansi8Ng.png

Hundreds of pages ago, there was concern about the backstage views of France from the gondola. Did anyone ever mention that with the addition of Ratatouille, all of that area is no longer backstage at all. Just think of the entire Ratatouille project as a way to make the formally backstage views from the gondola look nice. Illustrated very nicely in that picture.

:)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hundreds of pages ago, there was concern about the backstage views of France from the gondola. Did anyone ever mention that with the addition of Ratatouille, all of that area is no longer backstage at all. Just think of the entire Ratatouille project as a way to make the formally backstage views from the gondola look nice. Illustrated very nicely in that picture.

:)
There will still be plenty of Backstage to see. Expect the rear of the France pavilion to be spruced up, but concern in that the Eiffel Tower will be viewed from an angle it wasn’t designed to be seen from.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
What difference does that make? It's Dopplemeyer, the model they are employing is a first for North America, that's worth bragging about. However, it's hardly a challenging terrain. These systems are made to traverse mountains, a swamp is easy.

Here's three more that I've personally been on. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples:

4155615089_cb47502e48_z.jpg

1200px-Cologne_Cable_Car.jpg

Pois_Trasbord_01g.jpg

Plus a bonus North American example, which I've only ever looked at - full disclosure.

whirlpool-aero-car-header.jpg
I’ve been on the Whirlpool one. A few times, even.
My father, as usual, did not miss the opportunity to look at the wires and whatnot and remind me - the contract went to the lowest bidder!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom