News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Monorail_Red_77

I sure hope they just have the security check at the entrance to the gondola station. I would find it a bit annoying to have to go through security every time I want to go from AoA to Pop (or vice versa) on that bridge.
Also, If Gondola's will be inside security zone. hopefully you won't have to go through security again at EPCOT Int'l turnstiles. Like current monorail setup.

I hope they fix this soon. Stinks having to go through bag check at TTC and then again at EPCOT when you just entered security zone at TTC. It would be a simple fix. Maybe with gondola they can push security check further back so that gondola station at EPCOT will be within security zone with turnstiles.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Also, If Gondola's will be inside security zone. hopefully you won't have to go through security again at EPCOT Int'l turnstiles. Like current monorail setup.

I hope they fix this soon. Stinks having to go through bag check at TTC and then again at EPCOT when you just entered security zone at TTC. It would be a simple fix. Maybe with gondola they can push security check further back so that gondola station at EPCOT will be within security zone with turnstiles.
I believe that's the plan...

allgiggles

So... we'll have to attach a lift ticket to our parkas to ride them?

That would be awesome! I don't ski but a lot of people in my area do. When I was in school it felt like *everyone* but me had a lift ticket attached to their winter coat zipper. If Disney does this, I'll finally get to be one of the cool kids! Wahoo!!! Of course this will require me to wear a winter coat to Disney World in June....but I don't care!! I can't wait to finally get that lift ticket on my coat!! ;)

TeriofTerror

That would be awesdome! I don't ski but a lot of people in my area do. When I was in school it felt like *everyone* but me had a lift ticket attached to their winter coat zipper. If Disney does this, I'll finally get to be one of the cool kids! Wahoo!!! Of course this will require me to wear a winter coat to Disney World in June....but I don't care!! I can't wait to finally get that lift ticket on my coat!! ;)
If it makes you feel any better, *everyone* (okay, at least two people) in this thread appear to believe the gondolas are in possession of something. Of what, I have no idea. ;)

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
There was talk for a few years of having a gondola across the Potomac River connecting DC and Arlington, VA. they even did a feasibility study. It's stalled though.

Why? I use to live in Rosslyn (that's the part of Arlington right across the river from Georgetown) and it was just a 5 minute walk across Key bridge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom