New Gillig Buses

CDavid

Compared to the rounder, older RTS models, the new buses are slightly larger, and are much roomier inside.
The center isle is MUCH roomier, and not as narrow. Same goes for the seat isle.
This will be a big help on those nights after Park Dump ( when the Parks close, and everyone packs the bus stops ).
They are more square shaped inside, so it gives a less congested feel when the bus is full.
More people will be able to stand up if need be.

The downside, however, is that are fewer seats on these buses compared to the old RTS. Yes, they can carry more passengers by virtue of more standees, but most people would rather sit, especially after a day in the parks.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
disney_transport_2751.jpg

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Nice photo there..!
:)

It's missing the mob of angry scooter people demanding to know why only two scooters can fit on the bus at the same time! (sorry, this happened to me on the last trip at HS...dude and his irate family berated and cursed at the bus driver, then scooted off and got the "manager" or whomever the guy was, and ended up delaying our bus...)

Figments Friend

The downside, however, is that are fewer seats on these buses compared to the old RTS. Yes, they can carry more passengers by virtue of more standees, but most people would rather sit, especially after a day in the parks.

Ah ha! No wonder they seem roomier then !
Agree regarding how most folks would rather sit after a long day trekking The World...

Figments Friend

It's missing the mob of angry scooter people demanding to know why only two scooters can fit on the bus at the same time! (sorry, this happened to me on the last trip at HS...dude and his irate family berated and cursed at the bus driver, then scooted off and got the "manager" or whomever the guy was, and ended up delaying our bus...)

Sheesh...sorry to hear about that.
I liked your photo because it is always nice to a see a shot of a bus without a huge mob of people surrounding it.
Check it out...you can even see the driver through the window, sporting that sharp purple/turq combo !

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Sheesh...sorry to hear about that.
I liked your photo because it is always nice to a see a shot of a bus without a huge mob of people surrounding it.
Check it out...you can even see the driver through the window, sporting that sharp purple/turq combo !

I wasn't all that put off...I'm the king of patience on the parks. It takes a lot to get me upset there. However, I felt bad for the bus driver. That being said, the guy and his family were staying at Pop with me, so I ran into them alot.

He and his wife (I assume, could have been a friend or sister, but was around his age) were always grumpy. The rest of his family seemed like perfectly nice people who didn't know how to ask him to control his temper. I saw him shoot off on several cast members, the bus driver was just the worst example. He was also very bad about using his scooter to bully people at the drink refill stations. Or...maybe he just didn't know how to drive it <shrug>

I chalked it up to possibly pain and/or medication? <shrug> I truly do hope that when all was said and done he enjoyed his trip with what I assume were his grandkids...but he always seemed sour and angry.

Still didn't stop me from trip reporting about him and giving him a nickname..."Walker Bob" (He had rented his scooter from Walker Rentals).

Anyhow, not trying to turn this into a scooter discussion, so I'll stop here.

Figments Friend

I am assuming the new buses will have the same on-board audio and narrative.
Always thought it was a nice plus to have Park-specific, and even Resort-specific music playing during the ride.

I like the live spiels better though....back in the day. Lots of entertaining moments created by various drivers over the years during that long trek post-Park close to your Resort. That end-of-day ride always seemed to last for much longer then it was...but the drivers always made it fun no matter the circumstances.

Lots of sing-a-longs...and trivia evenings.

Kind of miss those.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I am assuming the new buses will have the same on-board audio and narrative.
Always thought it was a nice plus to have Park-specific, and even Resort-specific music playing during the ride.

I like the live spiels better though....back in the day. Lots of entertaining moments created by various drivers over the years during that long trek post-Park close to your Resort. That end-of-day ride always seemed to last for much longer then it was...but the drivers always made it fun no matter the circumstances.

Lots of sing-a-longs...and trivia evenings.

Kind of miss those.

That...would be awesome. The last trip they played music on the late night bus home from MK, and Bohemian Rhapsody came on. I started humming along and singing under my breath to it, and before I knew it the mid-30's couple next to me had started to do the same, followed by a younger couple standing near us. By the time we got to Pop, about 1/3 of the bus was singing.

Best...bus...ride...EVAR!

Figments Friend

Heh heh...yeah the Value Resorts seem to have the same soundtrack on the buses.
I have ridden buses to the All Star Resorts many times and it was the same loop.
I am a huge Queen fan, so my ears always prick up with i hear that song, and *We Will Rock You*.

I would say my two fave bus loops are the ride to EPCOT and DAK. MK is also a good one.

Tom

Beta Return
Heh heh...yeah the Value Resorts seem to have the same soundtrack on the buses.
I have ridden buses to the All Star Resorts many times and it was the same loop.
I am a huge Queen fan, so my ears always prick up with i hear that song, and *We Will Rock You*.

I would say my two fave bus loops are the ride to EPCOT and DAK. MK is also a good one.

I love the resort and park specific music and narrations.....except Wilderness Lodge's music. It's so ear-piercing!

WDWDad13

I know this is going to come off bad but they always delay busses and always are first to get in the busses even if there has been a line 200 deep

I always thought it would be easier and better for everyone if they had special busses just for the ecv's they could more easily drive into and then those busses are shared (Epcot area, AK area, etc). Not sure how to do it but I see possible pros for everyone

awhit066

Does anyone know if these buses are able to kneel along with having low floors? Lowering the door a few inches closer to the ground is great for faster and safer loading especially of small children, people with mobility issues, or people pushing strollers.

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
Does anyone know if these buses are able to kneel along with having low floors? Lowering the door a few inches closer to the ground is great for faster and safer loading especially of small children, people with mobility issues, or people pushing strollers.

They do kneel. Strollers are not permitted to be pushed on. Must be folded and secured.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom