New Gillig Buses

WDWDad13

Wait are these NEW busses or just painted ones? So are these any different than the old painted busses that look like that style from the exterior?

luv

They are not the same busses. Even aside from the old ones being white with cute letters and the new ones looking like city busses, the actual busses themselves are different.

I assume they are new, but don't know that for certain.

They are different and they look new.

DisneyJoe

I know this is going to come off bad but they always delay busses and always are first to get in the busses even if there has been a line 200 deep

I always thought it would be easier and better for everyone if they had special busses just for the ecv's they could more easily drive into and then those busses are shared (Epcot area, AK area, etc). Not sure how to do it but I see possible pros for everyone
To provide the same level of service to this specific group (buses run approximately every 20 minutes etc to all locations) a massive investment in equipment and drivers would need to be made.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
To provide the same level of service to this specific group (buses run approximately every 20 minutes etc to all locations) a massive investment in equipment and drivers would need to be made.

Yes, well...as I recall (and I could be wrong, since I have never used this service directly), Disney does have the option for groups with a large number of guests or ECVs to schedule a minibus for them.

I can't remember where I heard that, but it was reputable. (or, it could have been a CM manning the Splash Mountain fastpass kiosks...<shrug>)

Has anyone else heard of this?

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, well...as I recall (and I could be wrong, since I have never used this service directly), Disney does have the option for groups with a large number of guests or ECVs to schedule a minibus for them.

I can't remember where I heard that, but it was reputable. (or, it could have been a CM manning the Splash Mountain fastpass kiosks...<shrug>)

I have honestly never heard of that. Perhaps through a third party, but I've never heard of Disney offering such a thing. But I don't chat with the FastPass CM's much :p

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I have honestly never heard of that. Perhaps through a third party, but I've never heard of Disney offering such a thing. But I don't chat with the FastPass CM's much :p

Yeah, I can't find it now. I'll be sure to ask my much more reputable Magical Express driver on my next trip.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Just remember, the Magical Express drivers are not CMs. They work for Mears Transportation.

I'm sorry...let me restate my previous post.

<sarcasm> Yeah, I can't find it now. I'll be sure to ask my much more reputable Magical Express driver on my next trip. </sarcasm>

<grins widely>

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
Just poking fun here, but I find it hilarious that people bring up having to "climb stairs" to get onto the bus after a long day at the park(s). After 2-10 miles walked in one day are 3 stairs really going to be someone's downfall? I like the new look though, very sharp.

I just feel bad when I pull up and see some "experienced" (older) folks that are worn out and have a hard time climbing the stairs on a good day, let alone after spending the day out in the hot Florida sun.

WDWDad13

Ok fair enough, but when there are ecv's involved, busses now don't run every 20 minutes and then some are back to back because its gets them off sequence. I just think there are better ways for everyone here. I'm not saying treat them differently, just provide an additional option that better serves them and non ecv guests.

Also when I say them I'm not being negative. When I traveled with my in laws we were one of them too and I can tell you the one using the ecv in my family felt awkward passing lots of people up and having everyone stare while she drove onto the bus while everyone else waiting not so patiently

Goofyernmost

Ok fair enough, but when there are ecv's involved, busses now don't run every 20 minutes and then some are back to back because its gets them off sequence. I just think there are better ways for everyone here. I'm not saying treat them differently, just provide an additional option that better serves them and non ecv guests.

Also when I say them I'm not being negative. When I traveled with my in laws we were one of them too and I can tell you the one using the ecv in my family felt awkward passing lots of people up and having everyone stare while she drove onto the bus while everyone else waiting not so patiently
Remember that ADA is there to make things equally accessible to everyone with a disability, not to provide an isolated experience that singles them out as "different". Everyone just has to accept that if your going to ride the buses you will occasionally have to deal with this. It's a part of public transit. It's the time we live in. In many ways it is a good thing unless your feet hurt. :)

CDavid

Just poking fun here, but I find it hilarious that people bring up having to "climb stairs" to get onto the bus after a long day at the park(s). After 2-10 miles walked in one day are 3 stairs really going to be someone's downfall? I like the new look though, very sharp.

Having to climb those three stairs does slow down boarding; Takes longer than just walking through a (wider) door. Of course, it's a bigger problem if you personally have mobility issues and trouble climbing stairs.

WDWDad13

Remember that ADA is there to make things equally accessible to everyone with a disability, not to provide an isolated experience that singles them out as "different". Everyone just has to accept that if your going to ride the buses you will occasionally have to deal with this. It's a part of public transit. It's the time we live in. In many ways it is a good thing unless your feet hurt. :)

They get special parade and fireworks viewing and special entrances into attractions so why not special busses to better accommodate them and non ecv users

Goofyernmost

They get special parade and fireworks viewing and special entrances into attractions so why not special busses to better accommodate them and non ecv users
Because it doesn't cost anything to rope off an area to help them with visibility that otherwise would just be someones rear end. Special entrances are to have a way to get handicap devises to the ride. Otherwise an investment in equipment like you're asking for would be totally prohibitive and unnecessary. They have places on buses for those vehicles. They can only hold two so if your the third one in line you will be waiting for the next bus like everybody else.

To try and head off the inevitable mention of those that are "faking" it. This isn't about them it is about the actually disabled. We will have to put up with the occasional low life that fakes disability to get what they see as "perks", but, to deny them would mean that we would have find a way to isolate the good from the evil or we would end up denying those with legitimate needs. Right now the law prohibits any system to verify. So it is what it is!

Epicpilot

I have never heard of this, though I think it could be possible because I sometimes see Alamo rental buses with disney ads on the side rolling through WDW, that could possibly be it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom