NEW Forbidden Mountain News

WEDMagic

he

I find it funny that screamscape says land has been cleared behinde kali and construction equipment is on site..when that land has been cleared for a long time and the construction equipment has been there for a while also.

AndyMagic

Original Poster
Re: Hey, wait a minute!

Originally posted by lt-hambone
Wait a minute.... maybe the new "barn" is a mountain, and the "animal" it will hold is a Yetti?
Hmmm.. I never thought about that. It could be a way for sources close to the project to play a joke on us. I sure hope that is what it is cuz I really want this thing to be built!

dox

:lookaroun umm guys...how do i say this politely....um get a grip. Please. There are so many conspiracy stories running amok, we dont need anymore. Someone please call Oliver Stone, i have an idea for his next movie. :brick:

Mr. Toad

Re: Hey, wait a minute!

Originally posted by lt-hambone
... It just makes sense that Disney should build something new and exciting to stay current with the times and keep people coming through the gates!

I agree that this would seem to make sense. Unfortunately, that does not mean that Disney will do it.

I want to believe this will happen but I will wait until an announcement to get excited.

Tim G

Originally posted by AndyMagic
Where is Lee when you need him? He seems pretty sure that this thing is a "go." What I find a little strange is that almost every other disney rumor site has been saying that they will announce this thing at the media event yet Steve has remained silent on the matter. No front page update or even a response to these threads. Hey Steve, do you have any comment on FM and if it will be built??

emmm...
There's nothing green lighted at Animal Kingdom...

lt-hambone

Here's a thought...

We should keep track of all the rumors and where they came from, and then when the big announcement is made, see who came closest!

:)

Al

you know me as al, but now im going to be frank. :)lol: )

Truth is, no one knows if this project is going to go ahead. (except a few disney insiders). I think it is great talking about it, and discussing what it could be like, but i think before we start making assumptions, we should wait until the press conference in april is over. :D

Right...........im al again!!!!

How much do you think something like fire mountain would cost? ...not that im planning on buying one!! :lol:

WDWKing

Whatever, I knew not to get my hopes high. It's not like I won't go to Animal Kingdom any way. It's a good park with excellent theming. There's no reason not to go, except for a lack of rides. Hopefully Disney addresses that soon. I learned my lesson after getting hyped EXACTLY 1 year ago for Beastly Kingdom.

pheneix

Well, to be fair there are a lot of "greenlights" in the process. Just to go the distance of building a model of the ride requires a hefty amount of funding and a "greenlight" to proceed with. That greenlight was given.

However, I concur 100% with Rob and Corrus about the final greenlight on this ride (and the only one that really matters to the guests anyway) for construction has not and probably won't be given.

>>>Let us all hope that this mistake is not repeated again by Disney management.<<<

Forbidden Mountain coming in 2007 to Universal Studios Port Aventura. That has a slight ring to it....

WDWKing

Well just when I thought another project was given the go-ahead by Disney, it wasn't. Then they complain about attendence. :lol: . Universal seems to have the right idea. They like spending money when it's needed. Go ahead guys, I'm ready for the bashing. I'm all for Disney AND Universal, I go to both. I just feel that Universal may win the battle in the next year or two if Disney doesn't put anything else out.

CTXRover

Quick question (in light of trying to keep the hope that this attraction may be built :) ). We have some people saying that they have sources close to imagineering that this project is a go and others who say nothing is greenlighted. I am curious about those who know/say nothing is greenlighted.

Is it that you have heard from sources close to imagineering/corporate Burbank offices also, and they are SAYING that this isn't happening?

Or is it that you haven't HEARD anything from anyone (besides from this site) that it has been greenlighted? (In other words, it may be greenlighted, but you are simply in the dark about it)

I guess I will just continue to hope until April. If nothing happens, at least I've been warned :)

AndyMagic

Original Poster
Originally posted by CTXRover
Quick question (in light of trying to keep the hope that this attraction may be built :) ). We have some people saying that they have sources close to imagineering that this project is a go and others who say nothing is greenlighted. I am curious about those who know/say nothing is greenlighted.

Is it that you have heard from sources close to imagineering/corporate Burbank offices also, and they are SAYING that this isn't happening?

Or is it that you haven't HEARD anything from anyone (besides from this site) that it has been greenlighted? (In other words, it may be greenlighted, but you are simply in the dark about it)

I guess I will just continue to hope until April. If nothing happens, at least I've been warned :)

I like your optimism! :sohappy: I too would like to know if the people saying that this isn't a "go" know for a fact that it isn't, or if they just haven't heard anything and therefore ASSUME it isn't going to happen. Again, Steve could be of some help right about now.

Lee

Adventurer
Time to chime in....

I can agree that no official "greenlight" has been given to begin construction on this attraction.

However, my sources, the same ones who sent me the art and model photos, continue to say that things are looking "fairly strong" that it is going to happen. The sources in question are connected, to varying degrees, with WDI, and with TDA, where this is being talked about as a done deal, even way out there.

As I have said before, nothing is set in stone. But, VERY few projects build up this much steam, and get this far along, without a pretty firm commitment. Even less get this far, then die. Beastly Kingdom never got half this far off the boards.

Anyhoo, lets just cool our jets for a few weeks and see what shakes out.

jwbeck3

Steve has talked about Forbidden Mountain, but it was way back in September when Pressler left.

26 September 2002: The DAK Eticket

It seems that after jumping between Asia and Beastly Kingdom, management have now settled on Asia as the new ride's location. The project now has an initial title of Forbidden Mountain. Opening date of September 2005 is being talked about, but management are keen to open sooner rather than later. The ride is to be located behind Kali Rapids, on the large area of land that is currently visible from the Flame Tree river-side area. Plans call for a new bridge to link to Asia from the Dinoland USA area. The ride system appears to have remained very similar to that described below in the Reign of Fire scenario. It is certainly a high speed ride (55mph), with action taking place both indoors and outdoors, and with the level of budget that is being setup for this, it should be spectacular. An official announcement is expected around the time of the park's 5th birthday in April 2003.

Remember as always, until officially confirmed, this info is subject to change.

jwbeck3

I think it is interesting how he mentioned it might be announced on DAK's 5th birthday, which is the same thing everyone else has been saying recently so hopefully!!!

CMTinkerBell

I think something is coming, since there have been changes in the construction equipment that is backstage, and I have seen the blueprints for the shop and the photo pick up area for the ride exit. So somewhere on the ride, they plan on taking a pic!

freaklarm

Well, all I have to say is tha if it happend good, great in fact, if not well the good things will come in the future. Is just matter of time cuz we all know that somethin good will happend in the future of AK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom