NEW Forbidden Mountain News

AndyMagic

Original Poster
Originally posted by Merlin0402
Guys, you all need to slow down. We all know how bad it feels to speculate about something being built and then never hear anything about it. Until, this press conference takes place and they officially announce it with art and dates, I won't believe it. It just seems WAY too good to be true, especially knowing Disney these days... only time will tell, but just because they are widening a walkway does not mean that they are going to connect a giant mountain to it. Has anyone ever walked through Asia? Those things need to be widened as it is!
Where is Lee when you need him? He seems pretty sure that this thing is a "go." What I find a little strange is that almost every other disney rumor site has been saying that they will announce this thing at the media event yet Steve has remained silent on the matter. No front page update or even a response to these threads. Hey Steve, do you have any comment on FM and if it will be built??

Lee

Adventurer
Speak of the devil...
Anyway, as far as I know nothing has changed.
I am told that the mountain project was proceeding at a swift pace as recently as a few days ago.

One thing that needs to be made clear is that some people seem to think that the cleared land in that photo of AK is where the attraction is going. Not so. That land clearing is not new, its at least four years old or older. From what I'm told, it is going over next to the water, not back in the middle of Asia. Those walls that are currently up may not have anything to do with the mountain, and I suspect that may be the case due to their location.

As far as the announcement, I still hear its going to happen. But anything is possible as far as timing. They may wait awhile. Don't take any lack of announcement on April 21-22 as cancellation of the project. I don't remember anything that has gotten this far, only to be cancelled.

And I agree, Steve needs to chime in here with whatever he may know. I'm posting the most info, and who am I? I don't have near the connections he has.

netenyahoo

Screamscape.com has this to say today:

(3/10/03) Several Media sources have confirmed to Screamscape that a Media Event is currently planned for April 21 & 22nd, which will celebrate the 5th Anniversary of the Animal Kingdom (April 22nd, 1998). Meanwhile the rumored land clearing behind the scenes is said to be for a new animal “barn”.

AndyMagic

Original Poster
Originally posted by netenyahoo
Screamscape.com has this to say today:

(3/10/03) Several Media sources have confirmed to Screamscape that a Media Event is currently planned for April 21 & 22nd, which will celebrate the 5th Anniversary of the Animal Kingdom (April 22nd, 1998). Meanwhile the rumored land clearing behind the scenes is said to be for a new animal “barn”.
This is what we have been discussing for the past 2 pages. :)

AndyMagic

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDWKing
It should. Based on reports it is of gigantic magnitude.
I agree. Its sheer size will cause it to be the parks most popular ride but it has to be an amazing ride to truly have a big impact on attendance at the park like TOT did for MGM.

Bryy2001

Lee, again, LOVE the new AVATAR :D and I agree with the Tower of Terror is to MGM as Forbidden Mountain WILL be to AK statement :sohappy:

AndyMagic

Original Poster
This is unrelated but I finally got a new avatar. I know it is an upcoming Universal ride instead of a Disney ride but I figured steve has Mission: Space and Lee has Forbidden Mountain so I put this because it is the only other ride I am excited about.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I can't even begin to say how false this rumor is...

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by mktiggerman

Oh no, please do say. My info is about third hand, so I would like to hear what someone besides me knows. If I'm being jerked around, I'd like to know it.

AndyMagic

Original Poster
Originally posted by mktiggerman
Do you mean the rumor about the land clearing being for a barn? or the rumor about Forbidden Mountain being announced in April? or the rumor about Forbidden Mountain being built in general? I'm a little confused.

Bryy2001

mktiggerman I can't even begin to say how false this rumor is...

You have me EXTREMELY WORRIED with this tiggerman. If indeed the rumor is completely false, why on earth have you let us speculate and get very excited about it for months without saying anything....:veryconfu

colliera

Why April 21-22?

Animal Kingdom's opening was set to match up with Earth Day, (I won't get into the when is the real Earth Day argument). If I'm remembering this correctly the opening date was predicted to be in much later but when announced it made prefect sense.

Typically, but not always, other WDW announcements/anniversary dates revolve around October 1 - opening day. In this respect AK does not adhere to this timing scheme. In more recent years 10/1 has played a lesser part of announcement timing than was true in the distant past of the 70s and 80s. Keep in mind that the announcement/openings did not dictate construction date starts as the variables of construction were too difficult to predict. Case in point, Epcot's Test Track. Test Track opened in 1999 if memory serves. However, check the lettering on the steel posts in front of Test Track - "TT97", (Disney now just getting over being shy of anchoring dates other than general references).

History lesson over. (Test on Friday). :animwink:

CTXRover

I have no ties to this project at all, but I have a good feeling that it might just happen. A lot of us speculate about a number of things, but people here, screamscape, mouseplanet and coasterforce (among others possibly??) have recently posted that the media event planned will announce this attraction. Hopefully each site isn't just snowballing a big rumor from one source, but are in fact hearing this same thing from mutiple sources. My question is, does anyone definitely know that this media event is actually planned?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by Bryy2001
mktiggerman I can't even begin to say how false this rumor is...

You have me EXTREMELY WORRIED with this tiggerman. If indeed the rumor is completely false, why on earth have you let us speculate and get very excited about it for months without saying anything....:veryconfu

Well..maybe because we did this same thing last year. Everybody got all excited and many were "totally sure" that Beastly Kingdom was going to be announced. Many were even quoting unnamed "sources". Many of us (including Steve) chimed in and pretty much predicted what would happen, and we were told we were wrong and that BK would be announced.

It gets harder and harder when people claim to have sources...when in fact the information is 3rd hand. I'm not saying there may not be a grain of truth in what Lee is saying, but if it's going through a few people, I'm betting a lot of details have been left out and changed.

I was surprised we hadn't seen any long-standing members chime in before MKTigger....maybe because most of us know it's not worth the time and false sense of excitement.....again.....

lt-hambone

Hey, wait a minute!

Originally posted by AndyMagic
This just in from Screamscape...

... Meanwhile the rumored land clearing behind the scenes is said to be for a new animal “barn”.

Wait a minute.... maybe the new "barn" is a mountain, and the "animal" it will hold is a Yetti?

My Two Cents -

Universal is planning a new dark coaster ride (The Mummy). Sea World is expanding/rebuilding parts of its park. Mission Space is questionable (recent shuttle disaster). Tourism is starting to decline again. It just makes sense that Disney should build something new and exciting to stay current with the times and keep people coming through the gates!

All I ask (and I hope that someone from Disney is reading this) is that the new ride will not be an off-the-shelf ride like their last few rides - Alladin, Triceratop Spin, Primevial Whirl. What Disney needs is some good old fashioned imagineered ride!

My History Lesson -

Remeber Beastly Kingdom? Remember what one of the roller coasters was to be? Remember what happened when the imagineers who designed that coaster left Disney? When Beastly Kingdom was shelved and the imagineers left, they went to Universal and built Dueling Dragons. Let us all hope that this mistake is not repeated again by Disney management.

Someone start a countdown to April 21st!

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom