NEW Forbidden Mountain News

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by adr315
Intamin will do wonders for DL's 50th Anniv Space Mountain.......

If S&S / Arrow is doing Forbidden Mountain, is their any chance of an air-compressed launch? Or are we looking at 4 lift-hills like Big Thunder? :lol:

Space Mountain 2.0 in DL will be good, but it would be even better if they were changing the layout and adding a launch.

As for Forbidden Mtn., a launch is not gonna happen.There is one lift hill on the outside of the mountain, maybe more inside, I'm not clear on that.

strobe

Not to spoil any of the hype, but doesn't Disney usually make an official announcement before they break ground and start moving in construction equipment?

I sure hope it's true, but I don't want to believe it until I know for a fact.

Bryy2001

Just a question, and I probably already know the answer, but will WDW's Space Mountain get an update for the 50th DL Space Mountain nniversary or soon after??

pheneix

Probably not. The only reason Disneyland's SM is getting updated is because the track absolutely has to be replaced within the next two years because its condition is detoriating rapidly. They've already had to replace fallen support columns and fracured pieces of track. WDW's ride system is much better maintained and in far better condition than Disneyland's system.

jmarc63

Originally posted by pheneix
Probably not. The only reason Disneyland's SM is getting updated is because the track absolutely has to be replaced within the next two years because its condition is detoriating rapidly. They've already had to replace fallen support columns and fracured pieces of track. WDW's ride system is much better maintained and in far better condition than Disneyland's system.

Maybe It's not the maintenance as much it could have been the quality of the steel used in the DL SM

Lee

Adventurer
As long as we're swerving off topic, here are a couple photos of DL's Space Mountain track. Not pretty.

One photo:

Jerm

Originally posted by strobe
Not to spoil any of the hype, but doesn't Disney usually make an official announcement before they break ground and start moving in construction equipment?

One word Pooh!!!!! DL's MAWP ride was almost done before they said what it was going to be....I know they were all tied up with the law suit but that is only one of many things. They didn't say anything about ToT here at DCA till they were well under way for the pits. So no they really don't do that anymore. And I have all but seen a pic of FM so I know it is coming......I would guess 2005 maybe 06. But first lets worry about M:S......

2 cents worth,
J

strobe

Originally posted by Jerm
One word Pooh!!!!! DL's MAWP ride was almost done before they said what it was going to be....I know they were all tied up with the law suit but that is only one of many things. They didn't say anything about ToT here at DCA till they were well under way for the pits. So no they really don't do that anymore. And I have all but seen a pic of FM so I know it is coming......I would guess 2005 maybe 06. But first lets worry about M:S......

2 cents worth,
J

Ahhh, I learned something new, I did not know that. Pretty interesting, I wonder why they wait so long? Maybe they know rumors circulate and like to let the hype grow or something. Either way, that is GOOD NEWS, because it means that this could be true!

Katherine

Sounds like a great additon to DAK!! I mean not only do they NEED rides but to put in something from what I understand to be a BTMRR type ride(turns and smaller hills good for families) it will do really well!! If they do it right!

isnet396

Originally posted by strobe

I sure hope it's true, but I don't want to believe it until I know for a fact.

They made the M:S announcement while Horizons was still partly intact....

Ian

imagineerfan

I'm having trouble invisioning where Forbidden Mt. will be in AK. any pics of the construction site would be gratly appreciated.
Thanks,
Imagineerfan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom