NEW Forbidden Mountain News

JeepGuy77

I'm thinking this will happen. I've seen construction walls, I've heard from cast members. And I've seen photos of a model... I'll never TEEEEEELLLLLLLLL!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by pheneix

Forbidden Mountain coming in 2007 to Universal Studios Port Aventura. That has a slight ring to it....

Woo Hoo go Universal supporters club. Glad to see your still full of the joys of spring burning bird man.

Of course someone as well placed to all the sources in Burbank will know exactly whats planned.

Just as I know exactly what will happen in a place thats hot n sandy.

Opinion is exactly that!!:animwink:

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by JeepGuy77
I'm thinking this will happen. I've seen construction walls, I've heard from cast members. And I've seen photos of a model... I'll never TEEEEEELLLLLLLLL!

The photos you saw, did they have a date stamp on them, and if so what was it?

Just curious if they were like the ones I have.

Nightwing

I was told that "coasterforce.com" had a pix of this upcoming attraction, but I can't find it. They do show who might be builting it.Does anyone have a pix of what this thing looks like?

Shaman

Originally posted by Nightwing
I was told that "coasterforce.com" had a pix of this upcoming attraction, but I can't find it. They do show who might be builting it.

Yes they have info, according to them (trust them if you want) Forbidden Mountain will be an S & S Arrow coaster. The only pic I saw was of the old aerial pic of Animal Kingdom, and them telling you its going to be next to Kali over near that huge lake separating Asia and Dinoland.:lookaroun

dox

What's an S&S Arrow Coaster? Is that an outside manufacturer? Does this mean they are planning to have some outside technology and builder do the ride a la dino land and aladdin? If that is true that will be horrible news.

Bryy2001

Theme parks like Six Flags, Universal, and yes even Disney almost always hire an outside company to manufacture the actual ride and mechanism part of the coaster.....Disney will be in charge of all theming, scenery etc. Manufacturers like B & G, S & S Arrow, Intamin (who will be overseeing Space Mountain 2.0 in Disneyland), and Vekoma (who designed Disney's Rock 'n' Roller Coaster) are simply more knowledgable about constructing the actual ride system of coasters, let the imagineers handle the theming and story and show effects of Forbidden Mountain, the coaster should be left to S & S.

Tim G

Originally posted by dox
What's an S&S Arrow Coaster? Is that an outside manufacturer? Does this mean they are planning to have some outside technology and builder do the ride a la dino land and aladdin? If that is true that will be horrible news.

Coaster builders are ALWAYS independent builders.
Disney Co. has never build any coaster all by themselves.

Arrow Stands for Arrow Dynamics (Formerly: Arrow, Arrow Development, and Arrow-Huss)
Walt Disney had Arrow in manufacturing some of rides for the new Disneyland in the 1960s.
From 1966 to the 1990s, Ron Toomer helped create many steel coasters from Mine Rides to the world's first hyper-coaster. The Clearfield, Utah company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in December 2001. S&S Sports bought the assets of the company in October 2002.

ie. Rock'n'Roller Coaster was build by Vecoma.

WDWKing

Oh well. :( It made for good discussion and speculation anyway. HEY! At least we have Mission: Space and PhilharMagic to look forward to right guys? ....Guys? :lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Still trying to sort all this out.

I got some encouraging words again today from a source out west.

Do not abandon all hope. Some say "yes", others like Corrus say "no", I say a firm...maybe.

bhg469

Originally posted by Lee
Still trying to sort all this out.

I got some encouraging words again today from a source out west.

Do not abandon all hope. Some say "yes", others like Corrus say "no", I say a firm...maybe.

i like maybe, best word in the english language.

maybe has gotten me out of plays, chick flicks, dave matthews concerts, and the beauty and the beast show at MGM.... I Love Maybe

WDWKing

Your sources are either:
1. Telling the truth, which goes against MKT and Corrus
2. Behind on the news
3. Pulling your leg

How is your sources history?

CTXRover

Originally posted by Lee

Is the media event that people were talking about to be held in April held every year for travel agents and press to talk about what Disney has/will have to offer in the upcoming year?

If so, then it would make sense that it is still just a maybe. However, if they are in fact holding a media event during this time, and they normally don't , why else would they arrange one?

I guess my question is, is this "media event" really planned? If so, why (other than to announce something)?

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by WDWKing
Your sources are either:
1. Telling the truth, which goes against MKT and Corrus
2. Behind on the news
3. Pulling your leg

How is your sources history?

I have a few.
They vary from untested to rock solid.
Hey, they got me the model photos, how bad can they be?

WDWKing

Heh, good point. Well, time will tell. One thing is for sure though, Animal Kingdom does need a new E-Ticket.

Lee - Check your PM's.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom