NEW Forbidden Mountain News

So wut type of rollercoaster are we looking at. Space mountain type, rocking rollercoast type, Thunder mountain type, or totally different with a bunch of inversions and the biggest thrill disney ever given. I hope it the last one.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by Mickeyman819
So wut type of rollercoaster are we looking at. Space mountain type, rocking rollercoast type, Thunder mountain type, or totally different with a bunch of inversions and the biggest thrill disney ever given. I hope it the last one.

A cross between the Matterhorn and Big Thunder, only bigger and faster than both. Also more "show".
No inversions.

BrerBear

If they build it there, wont it look out of place? I mean, just think about it, a giant white mountain hovering over the little monkeys and raft ride in Asia. I thoght AK was supposed to be realistic. Or am I wrong and it's just the peak of the mountain that looks like it's snow covered. :confused:

AndyMagic

Original Poster
Originally posted by BrerBear
If they build it there, wont it look out of place? I mean, just think about it, a giant white mountain hovering over the little monkeys and raft ride in Asia. I thoght AK was supposed to be realistic. Or am I wrong and it's just the peak of the mountain that looks like it's snow covered. :confused:
I'm pretty sure that this was discussed before and that only the top is going to be snow covered. Lee can confirm this though.

Lee

Adventurer
It will look realistic.
Like most mountains, it will be sort of lush around the bottom, becoming more snowy near the peaks. Forced perspective will help the realism.
It won't look like some icebergs sitting in Asia.

Justin

CoasterForce also has some news on this... and photo,
Who knows what it will be yet, cant wait, Disney's going to have several projects up and all at once.
They improve everday :)

FrankFerl

First post, but I have been lurking for a while.

I just came back from a 7 day trip and I have managed to grab a pic of what's behind the construction walls in Asia. This shot was taken March 7th.

Attachments

• 101-0184_img.jpg
    101-0184_img.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 248

ToTBellHop

There are snowy mountains in Asia...all over the place. The largest of these are called the Himalayas. This would all make sense; they are condensing all of Asia into a few acres. Amur (Siberian) Tigers naturally live in the snow...by the way, MousePlanet also says a press release has been scheduled for April 21st and 22nd, so now we have two sources.

Matt56

Do you happen to have a picture of the "signs" from the Construction Walls? Do they say new ride, new wildlife, new food etc?

ToTBellHop

I would imagine they are using the traditional Animal Kingdom construction signs at this point, without an official press release. "Pardon our WILD appearance. We are bringing NEW LIFE to this area"

AndyMagic

Original Poster
This just in from Screamscape...

2005/2006 - Forbidden Mountain - (3/10/03) Several Media sources have confirmed to Screamscape that a Media Event is currently planned for April 21 & 22nd, which will celebrate the 5th Anniversary of the Animal Kingdom (April 22nd, 1998). Meanwhile the rumored land clearing behind the scenes is said to be for a new animal “barn”.

Ughh... If all of this excitement about the land clearing ends up being nothing more than a barn, I am going to be incredibly mad. Can anyone confirm or deny this barn rumor? Either way, I assume that the media event will announce SOMETHING big. I couldn't imagine 2 days worth of media events to simply talk about the parks 5 years and how uneventful they were. :rolleyes:

Matt56

Would a new barn mean new animals (possibly new land - Australia)?

I hope the clearing is for FM more than a barn. Why would they put a barn so close to a pathway - unless it is an attraction about how Disney takes care of it's animals - or animals after the park closes.

WDWKing

Originally posted by AndyMagic
This just in from Screamscape...

2005/2006 - Forbidden Mountain - (3/10/03) Several Media sources have confirmed to Screamscape that a Media Event is currently planned for April 21 & 22nd, which will celebrate the 5th Anniversary of the Animal Kingdom (April 22nd, 1998).

What could they talk about for 2 days? Do they only announce things concerning Animal Kingdom during this time? What's the history with these matters? :confused:

pheneix

Consider the source....

>>>What could they talk about for 2 days?<<<

Well, you fly in reporters from all over the country and wine them and dine them for a few days so they'll write nice stories about you when they get home. Then you hold a "private" media event on the night of the 21st where Disney announces a whole bunch of nothing (new character meet and greets, new dining options, maybe a new restaurant, and of course, new vacation packages).

Then you hold another media event on the 22nd where the public is invited to a Regis and Kelly broadcast where Disney announces new merchendise, pins, and a new animal exhibit to celebrate the park's "roaring success" at making to the 5th anniversary.

Of course, I am being fairly sarcastic with the above summary, but this is typically the order of the menu at these media events. Whether or not Forbidden Mountain is included, next month's media event will probably turn out very much like what I just made fun of.

There's really nothing special about these types of events. Disney held one last year before the start of the summer season and it pretty much all boiled down to the company trying to buy TV time on the news.

Merlin0402

Guys, you all need to slow down. We all know how bad it feels to speculate about something being built and then never hear anything about it. Until, this press conference takes place and they officially announce it with art and dates, I won't believe it. It just seems WAY too good to be true, especially knowing Disney these days... only time will tell, but just because they are widening a walkway does not mean that they are going to connect a giant mountain to it. Has anyone ever walked through Asia? Those things need to be widened as it is!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom