NEW Forbidden Mountain News

dox

Guys! Guys! Guys! If you only knew how you guys are wrong. I have a friend who is a CM at AK, who I spoke to today and was told some months ago by an imagineer (they were dating) about what is actually going to happen and will be announced in june. My friend asked me to wait until they have a chance to verify with their ex just in case the plans did change as that is always possible. But the plans did not involve asia at all. I will say be prepared for a teacups ride to show up in dinoland. So whatever i find out, i will share with all of you of course.

bhg469

Originally posted by dox
Guys! Guys! Guys! If you only knew how you guys are wrong. I have a friend who is a CM at AK, who I spoke to today and was told some months ago by an imagineer (they were dating) about what is actually going to happen and will be announced in june. My friend asked me to wait until they have a chance to verify with their ex just in case the plans did change as that is always possible. But the plans did not involve asia at all. I will say be prepared for a teacups ride to show up in dinoland. So whatever i find out, i will share with all of you of course.

forbidden mountain is supposed to be based on the himalayas that is what everyone is saying . if that is the case it would have to be in asia they cant move the himalayas to africa.

dox

My point, and i'm sorry if it wasn't clear, is that this whole discussion and rumors about "forbidden moutain", "himalayan mts." and "yeti's", etc. is false. The plan the imagineer discussed with my friend is something complete separate and apart and involves a different area and theme. Like I said once i'm given the additional details i will post them. If i don't get them, i'll post what i was told anyway. As my friend posts here on ocassion, all i was allowed to do was throw this sudden bomb. But it really is amazing how a rumor picks up speed. Don't you guys think it was a coincidence that as this rumor picked up speed here suddenly mouseplanet and screamscape picked it up to? NOt b.c. the rumors are true, but because the net helps to spur a rumors growth even further.

Of course, if i'm wrong, i'll eat my shorts and my friends.

WDWKing

Originally posted by dox
I will say be prepared for a teacups ride to show up in dinoland. So whatever i find out, i will share with all of you of course.

:lol: Wait were you serious? If you are, the folks at Disney deserve a smack in the face for putting an "attack of the clones" at WDW. Then again this is probably another "My dads friend's uncle's sister's boyfriend's cousin is an Imagineer" story.

Back to Forbidden Mountain - If it exists, it's probably on hold due to budget cuts.

AndyMagic

Original Poster
Dox, no offense but Forbidden Mountain has been reported on nearly every single Disney website as fact. While it might in fact be a rumor and nothing else... your "teacup" ride is so random and abstract that it can't even be classified as a rumor. I am still pretty hopeful that this thing is coming. I agree with whoever asked the question about the media event and if they have one every year. I really don't think Disney would have a TWO day event to announce nothing. Can anyone confirm if Disney normally has these HUGE events every year or if this is a new thing.

imagineer boy

I've got proof!

I think I've found somthing about the mystery of Forbidden Mountain! Remember those features that the Travel Channel did about Disney? Well, on the show that talks about Animal Kingdom, they refer to new attractions that they've been planning, and they showed a picture of some rough animatics for a futer ride, and it showed a picture of a rough CG monster jumping out at you. Why would Disney make expensive animatics for a ride that won't happen? This might be a true rumor.:D

WDWKing

Re: I've got proof!

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Why would Disney make expensive animatics for a ride that won't happen? This might be a true rumor.:D

Those animatics weren't even for AK I'm pretty sure. I think they were for Journey Into the Center of the Earth at TDS. That doesn't say much for AK.

CTXRover

Re: I've got proof!

Originally posted by imagineer boy
I think I've found somthing about the mystery of Forbidden Mountain! Remember those features that the Travel Channel did about Disney? Well, on the show that talks about Animal Kingdom, they refer to new attractions that they've been planning, and they showed a picture of some rough animatics for a futer ride, and it showed a picture of a rough CG monster jumping out at you. Why would Disney make expensive animatics for a ride that won't happen? This might be a true rumor.:D

I love your enthusiasm. However, I fear that the CG monster they showed is for the Journey to the Center of the Earth attraction at Tokyo DisneySea. It looks almost identical to the "lava creature" in the ride (from a video I saw of it). Of course, they could always use it in this (rumored) attraction!

I think we all need to hold tight for an official announcement. But, there's no harm in hoping for something :)

dox

Andymagic: no offense taken. As my friend said things do change so often and so quickly. So maybe things have changed since they last went out together a few months ago. There are dozens of abandoned ride ideas for every park. But no site has confirmed anything other than the fact that there is a rumor. I for one hope either story is true, and that we will have a forbidden mt. in some form or another.

As for my teacups comment, that is unrelated to whatever big plans they have for AK. But there is alot of talk of adding a teacup ride to Dinoland since Primeval Whirl has a big height requirement compared to even space mt. (so it was explained to me). Given my CM friend works at AK and has been there for about 5 yrs. I trust this person. But even my friend has told me things that didn't come to fruition and plans that were scrapped. One thing that seems certain, well at least it did a few months ago was SE turning into time racers. And apparently alot of CMs ahve been told that will happen as will a lot of PG. I of course doubt this given the economy and the war. But Epcot was built and opening during the era of a recession and high unemployment.

Either way we'll see what happens.

Shaman

Ummm...maybe

Well why should Forbidden Mountain be the only ride thats gonna open soon (by soon I mean like next couple of years) I mean think about it why would they only build one ride to help Animal Kingdom. There's alot of room for expansion in AK, so probably there will be other attractions announced with Forbidden Mountain. But maybe I'm dreaming:brick: . Maybe some of the "insiders" can comment.:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom