New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

_Scar

Way sorry for my bickering tonight. Bad night for me :/ hopefully everything will be back to normal in the morning, but I do ant to say I'm sorry :(.

Ignohippo

I'm late to the party!

DCA: the biggest mistake they made was the California concept in the first place. If I live in CA, do I really need a theme park to duplicate the things I have for real in my own back yard. If I'm visiting CA, wouldn't I rather go see those things for myself – not some Disney representation?

The second biggest mistake is spending g-d's breafcase worth of cash on the park and not correcting the first mistake.

As for the coaster: It looks like Barnstormers lift hill to me, not a loop. It doesn't make sense that they would tear down a kid coaster, in a kid area, and spend money on a new adult coaster when they've stopped plans for Monsters, Inc at DHS.

In order to fit the Dumbos, they may just relocate the entrance to the other side of the coaster and modify the queue house.

The big question though is, are they shortening the last curve of the Indy Speedway or removing it all together? I don't see how that Dumbo attraction could possibly fit with that curve there. Moving that curve would also be a pretty cheap and easy thing to do.

I'm sure JL has thought of a "master plan" for WDW beyond this expansion. Would Indy Speedway even still be necessary if the larger plan is to bring the DCA Cars ride to WDW – say DHS – in the next 10 or so years (I'm talking about just the track, not the entire CARSland)? That's a heck of a lot of land that they would instantly free up at MK.

CastleBound

I'm late to the party!

DCA: the biggest mistake they made was the California concept in the first place. If I live in CA, do I really need a theme park to duplicate the things I have for real in my own back yard. If I'm visiting CA, wouldn't I rather go see those things for myself – not some Disney representation?

The second biggest mistake is spending g-d's breafcase worth of cash on the park and not correcting the first mistake.

As for the coaster: It looks like Barnstormers lift hill to me, not a loop. It doesn't make sense that they would tear down a kid coaster, in a kid area, and spend money on a new adult coaster when they've stopped plans for Monsters, Inc at DHS.

In order to fit the Dumbos, they may just relocate the entrance to the other side of the coaster and modify the queue house.

The big question though is, are they shortening the last curve of the Indy Speedway or removing it all together? I don't see how that Dumbo attraction could possibly fit with that curve there. Moving that curve would also be a pretty cheap and easy thing to do.

I'm sure JL has thought of a "master plan" for WDW beyond this expansion. Would Indy Speedway even still be necessary if the larger plan is to bring the DCA Cars ride to WDW – say DHS – in the next 10 or so years (I'm talking about just the track, not the entire CARSland)? That's a heck of a lot of land that they would instantly free up at MK.

I'm late to the party too! haha

About California Adventure, I don't really think its the greatest theme for a park, but not horrible. I think for people coming from out of state or country, its a good way to get an idea of CA. Now yea, they should visit the real places, but if they just have a Disney trip in mind than going to California Adventure is a good way to fit the whole state in one day.

I also think it is Barnstormers lift. I don't think there is any chance of them building a loop coaster in MK. The placement may be confusing because we are all basically judging the area by artwork. I'm sure they will find a way to make it work.

Rob562

Wow... There really are times when I seriously want to break my personal "read the entire thread before responding" rule... That was a lot of junk to wade through....

Based on what the emails raining into my inbox tell me....that's likely correct or close to it.
Barnstormer (as it is now) will not remain. It will get (at minimum) a new theme.
I apologize for any confusion I may have caused with an earlier post. I got some bad info from a questionable source.:shrug:

There's someone from WDI who posts on the RADP newsgroup from time to time (and is a very reliable source of info, but is always careful with what they release). They posted today with a few bits of info.

Here's a summary:
-The leaked blueprints were an older draft of the expansion plans. The overall layout seen in the concept artwork is the current plan, with Pixie Hollow to the north and Dumbo to the south. The rest of the expansion is pretty much what the blueprints showed, though some of the details aren't accurate on the blueprints.

(And as a personal side note... What many people may not realize in trying to figure out the current space in Toontown, there's an entire tent (the blueish one) that Guests never go into. It's strictly a support facility for the characters, and is attached to the Judge's Tent and the other character meeting location.)

-Barnstormer is staying, *BUT* it is getting moved slightly for space reasons (the figure given was 15 feet). It will be getting re-themed, but its new theme has *not* been settled on yet.
My personal guess is that it'll move NNE toward the current train station into where Donald's Boat is now, leaving more room for the Dumbos.

The last part I will quote directly, and let you take your own assumptions from it:
"Mickey and Minnie will be given temporary quarters but the location
hasn't been decided yet. Temporary you say? Well, there's more plans afoot. You just have to wait for something official."

So there you have it.

-Rob

jedimaster1227

They were pretty clear that they're keeping the Barnstormer. I was also told that the design on Toy Story Land was finalized, so I doubt we'll see any last-minute changes.

I was speaking purely in hypotheticals here. I know quite well that the Barnstormer isn't going anywhere--I just stated my opinion that Hong Kong would be a nice "dumping ground" of sorts for the coaster if it were to be moved. Toy Story Land (and the rest of the park), while finalized in design will never be truly complete, as new projects will always be in the works...

Is it feasible to expand barnstormers track at all or would it be cheaper for Disney to just bulldoze and build a new coaster attraction?

It is certainly feasible to expand the Barnstormer's layout, but that option is hardly plausible. Not only is this roller skater a catalog model that has been operating for quite some time (and would need extensive work to heavily modify to accommodate track additions and the added length that comes with it (speed of the train in motion is also a critical factor).

It would be far cheaper to "sell" the attraction to one of the other resorts after clearing out the rest of Toontown for a newer attraction, coaster or not.

Race3qma

hEARD FROM CAST MEMBER

aBOUT TWO YEARS AGO i HEARD FROM A CAST MEMBER IN ALAND THAT PLANS WERE BEING LOOKED AT FOR A NEW COASTER IN THE AREA AROUND JC AND POC FOR A THEMED COASTER CALLED THE BLACK PEARL

EPCOT Explorer

To be frank, _Scar is correct that the projects coming to DCA don't really make sense if they are keeping the "California" name and I am suspicious about the rides greenlit. For example:

Disney didn't give two ____**s about the Little Mermaid until it came out on DVD and broke every record in the book in 2006. A year later all of a sudden Little Mermaid is not only greenlit after sitting on the shelf for two decades but its now a big budget e-ticket. Im sure it helps that Ron Clemens & Jon Musker were Lasseter's college buddies.

CarsLand. Again the movie didn't do so hot and was the least liked of all the pixar movies yet the Cars merchandise proved to sell very well with boys ages 3-11 plus it was directed by Lasseter so not only do they greenlit 1 ride they greenlight a whole land for 1 movie that takes up half the real estate in the park. Not even Star Wars enjoys its own land yet "cars" of all properties does get a land.

World of Color: Hey Fantasmic is popular. Lets make a show just like that but also include Pixar and Pirates of the Caribbean because those properties are hot right now $$$

I'm not really complaining but at the same time the selection process for the projects picked for the "DCA rebranding" are questionable. At the same time I think its BS that great ride concepts have to sit on the shelf because they are not based on a preexisting movie franchise thats making bank at the boxoffice and/or directed by Lasseter. Reminds me of something Enderkairi and Corrus told me once...

What, the Pixar Land thing? I've always doubted that, though it is obvious that they would use what is popular for the newer fans.

And how would you know them? They haven't posted in months...Maybe even a year for Ender.:shrug:

jt04

What, the Pixar Land thing? I've always doubted that, though it is obvious that they would use what is popular for the newer fans.

And how would you know them? They haven't posted in months...Maybe even a year for Ender.:shrug:

Well you missed the fun. "Ender" should up here a couple week ago and called 74 out about his negativity. The post said something to the effect of "I know who you are but you have no idea who I am".

It made me smile. :)

Edit: searched for the post but it's deleted.

cdunbar

Well you missed the fun. "Ender" should up here a couple week ago and called 74 out about his negativity. The post said something to the effect of "I know who you are but you have no idea who I am".

jt, you always make me laugh with your odd sense of humor because I too find things not so funny absurdly funny:ROFLOL:

EPCOT Explorer

Hmm...I think Evan and I are sharing a brain wave today...it is possible that this and those are in fact the same individual...:lookaroun
;):D

Oh, lovely. I see we are back to that line of intrusive thought....:lol:

Care to link?

jt04

;):D

Oh, lovely. I see we are back to that line of intrusive thought....:lol:

Care to link?

Steve deleted it. It was a well crafted and thoughtful note however. Very effective. Does "ender" work for the mouse? Cause I got the feeling the thought was unofficially official, if you catch my meaning.

EPCOT Explorer

Steve deleted it. It was a well crafted and thoughtful note however. Very effective. Does "ender" work for the mouse? Cause I got the feeling the thought was unofficially official, if you catch my meaning.
:rolleyes:

:lol: You never cease to amaze.

And yes, I catch your meaning. Perfectly. And I have my own theories on a lot of people, thankyouverymuch. :D

imagineer boy

I'm late to the party too! haha

About California Adventure, I don't really think its the greatest theme for a park, but not horrible. I think for people coming from out of state or country, its a good way to get an idea of CA. Now yea, they should visit the real places, but if they just have a Disney trip in mind than going to California Adventure is a good way to fit the whole state in one day.

Well, it doesn't really matter what state you do, you really don't have enough material to work with for an entire park and expansion beyond. I do hope they change the theme at DCA, it just doesn't work too well IMO.

aBOUT TWO YEARS AGO i HEARD FROM A CAST MEMBER IN ALAND THAT PLANS WERE BEING LOOKED AT FOR A NEW COASTER IN THE AREA AROUND JC AND POC FOR A THEMED COASTER CALLED THE BLACK PEARL

Some how I kind of doubt that...

Ignohippo

Man, moving that coaster 15 feet seems like such an incredible expense for something so trivial. Surely it would be easier just to change that last curve on the Indy Speedway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom