New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

trr1

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Walt Disney

trr1

We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.
Walt Disney

better?

_Scar

Walt Disney

better?

:brick: What does that have to do with Fantasyland though? :veryconfu

SilentWindODoom

Wow. The person who spoke about renegging on their belief in reading everything before posting at, like, the 15th page, had nothing to complain about. I just finally made it through all 37 pages after about three days of reading. So... let us begin...

Scar is correct. The theming link is loose at best. While I've not seen the movie, it seems that Radiator Springs is in Arizona, and the ride is named Radiator Springs Racers, appearing to take place there.

The Little Mermaid is a Scandanavian tale and a Disney Movie. These rides can just be put in the Studios because its themed to movies and TV, so anything based on a movie or TV show will fit thematically (RnRC takes place in Hollywood). Had the Little Mermaid been in a Hollywood themed area, it would have slid. However, it doesn't fit as much in a seaside area. I understand the concept of being based on seaside dark rides, but that connection has to be shown. Have billboards in a sideshow style displaying the seaside rides with words describing them like you would see describing a sideshow. Describe the Little Mermaid as "A thrilling dark ride into the silver screen and through your favorite cinematic adventure" or something as such. That's all that would be necessary to make it fit thematically.

The World of Color fits a retheming to Walt Disney's experience in California, but not really California in itself. If there's a big nightime spectacular that takes place in a central location and can be seen or heard in a sizeable portion of the park, it should have a unifying theme that encapsulates the park or at least the portion of the park in which it takes place. The nighttime spectacular in DCA should be based around California. They could have had an exciting show that showcases the various sights and cultures of the state rather than one that showcases Disney movies. Saying that the movies were made in California is really stretching it.

Think of it this way. Imagine that Disney's America was realized. Lets say that they had a log flume based on Brother Bear, a Beauty and the Beast dark ride, and a water show based on the Wonderful World of Disney. Would any of these things fit? Brother Bear take place in Canada, but it is in a large mountainous region with pine forests, much like one would see in the Rockies or the Pacific Northwest. I mean, come on, there's plenty of places like that in America, and we know how tied into wildlife the American people are. It's just over the border. Close enough. Beauty in the Beast is a French tale and a Disney movie, and doesn't fit in with the American theme. Still, we'll theme the outside to fit in with the Miami area it will be put in. As for the night-time show, the Wonderful World of Disney aired in the US, and was created in the nation, so it fits, right?

No. None of that friggin' works. It sounds ludicrous. I'm not saying that this is ruining the park, but it doesn't fit thematically and is greatly off-message from the exploration of California that the park appears to be moving towards.

Scar stated this, but people directly contradicted him, while not rally disproving it. Thus he repeated his point, but because of his repetition, he was branded a troll, which I think is unfair. As it went back and forth, cross words were exchanged. It was all a big misunderstanding, but I'm glad it was resolved.

aBOUT TWO YEARS AGO i HEARD FROM A CAST MEMBER IN ALAND THAT PLANS WERE BEING LOOKED AT FOR A NEW COASTER IN THE AREA AROUND JC AND POC FOR A THEMED COASTER CALLED THE BLACK PEARL

THIS guy is a troll. :lol:

What is this whole S.E.A. thing. I've been away for a bit and I seem to have missed something here. Something... exciting.

That coaster in the concept art definitely looks like a recolored Barnstormer. As was said before, that looks to be the lift hill that's already there, not a loop.

Am I one of the only people who hope that the Treehouse remains? Is it possible to build an E-Ticket around it, perhaps looping through the tree. They could get rid of the walkthrough attraction and have an attraction where the track weaves through the branches of the tree, or perhaps the tree could be the queue for an adventure-themed ride.

And E-Ticket is an attraction that is of a grand scale. It's a Small World is a huge ride with elaborate sets and hundreds of animatronics. It's an E-Ticket. Any roller coaster larger than the Barnstormer is a large-scale attraction, and thus an E-Ticket. While Country Bear Jamboree was originally an E-Ticket, I'd now consider it a D. Most shows where you're in a theatre watching animatronics (CBJ, Kitchen Kabaret, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln) are a solid D. The exceptions are American Adventure and Hall of Presidents, because of the size and scope of the show, both of which are over 25 minutes long. At that length, it's a big show. I'm kind of on the fence about 3-D movies. I dunno. How about D+? E- sounds too negative. I also think that the definition of an E-ticket is subjective to the park. For instance, almost everything in EPCOT would be considered an E-Ticket in the Magic Kingdom. Universe of Energy and Journey Into Your Imagination come to mind. They would be E-tickets in MK, but they're standard in EPCOT, and don't stand out as much.

And finally, the actual point to this whole discussion. Yes, there was originally a point. Fantasy Forest works, but I wouldn't like two seperate lands to have such similar names.

Wow. This is the most topsy-turny, multiple-topic thread I've ever had the pleasure of reading, and considering my tenure at Starmen.net, that's saying a friggin' lot. I'm probably forgetting something, but this has gotten long enough already. Have fun reading it all. Consider it payback for me reading the last 37 pages.

jt04

^ Here is how I understand it. DCA will be less themed to California soon and the emphasis switched to a park that features Walt as it's primary theme. Specifically Walt's early creative years which just happend to be in California.

So you will enter the park and into Walt's world of the 1920's complete with his creations; past, "present" and future.

Carsland has a lineage that can directly be traced to Walt's visions. It is part of his legacy. That is how it fits and has nothing to do with geography.

The Little Mermaid attraction will be themed to a 1920's boardwalk atmosphere. But not as a carnival, circus or sideshow but as a seaside aquarium. That makes perfect sense and ties it to the theme of that land. And it connects to Walt Disney because it harkens back to the 1920's and 1930's SoCal area.

WoC works because again the theme ties directly to one of Walt's creations and will essentially showcase his works and his legacy.

The park will not be "Cali" really. It will be Walt. IMO.

_Scar

Oh, oh god. This topic again....

I appreciate you defending me and all, but people here take DCA's transformation very seriously (which, I did not realize) that it isn't worth me repeating yet again my opinion. If anyone cares, I remember seeing a rumor about a name change in DCA's future perhaps making all these funny new rides that are loosely connected to the California brand proudly displayed throughout the park to a more.... Walt Disney Adventure park.

Even if that rumor is not right, considering that Tokyo DisneySEA was made at the same time as DCA, I can clearly understand why people want these game changer attractions in DCA and look over the bigger picutre of everything California and accept the loose connections that are enough to sway the public to say "sure that fits".

jt04

Oh, oh god. This topic again....

I appreciate you defending me and all, but people here take DCA's transformation very seriously (which, I did not realize) that it isn't worth me repeating yet again my opinion. If anyone cares, I remember seeing a rumor about a name change in DCA's future perhaps making all these funny new rides that are loosely connected to the California brand proudly displayed throughout the park to a more.... Walt Disney Adventure park.

Even if that rumor is not right, considering that Tokyo DisneySEA was made at the same time as DCA, I can clearly understand why people want these game changer attractions in DCA and look over the bigger picutre of everything California and accept the loose connections that are enough to sway the public to say "sure that fits".

I've seen all the new concept art and descriptions and I think the "Walt" overlay works much better than the original concept for the park which couldn't have been less inspiring. Definitely a step in the right direction and I hope the WDC can get the Disney family blessing on the idea. It is brilliant.

The Conundrum

Carsland has a lineage that can directly be traced to Walt's visions. It is part of his legacy. That is how it fits and has nothing to do with geography.

No it doesn't. If anything its much more closely related to George Lucas (Pixar's founder) or Marlon Brandon (who stared in the film Cars was a remake of)

The Little Mermaid attraction will be themed to a 1920's boardwalk atmosphere. But not as a carnival, circus or sideshow but as a seaside aquarium. That makes perfect sense and ties it to the theme of that land. And it connects to Walt Disney because it harkens back to the 1920's and 1930's SoCal area.

lol wat

WoC works because again the theme ties directly to one of Walt's creations and will essentially showcase his works and his legacy.

That's why 90% of WOC is a tribute to films made years after Walt Disney passed away.

The park will not be "Cali" really. It will be Walt. IMO.

and yet asside from the fab 5 charecters being shoved into paradise pier none of the new attractions have anything to do with Walt.

jt04

[/B]

No it doesn't. If anything its much more closely related to George Lucas (Pixar's founder) or Marlon Brandon (who stared in the film Cars was a remake of)

Yes it does. GL credits Walt Disney as an inspiration and was at DL's opening. He is definitely a Walt protege. You are not.

lol wat

:rolleyes:

That's why 90% of WOC is a tribute to films made years after Walt Disney passed away.

That is why I used the word legacy. :lol:

and yet asside from the fab 5 charecters being shoved into paradise pier none of the new attractions have anything to do with Walt.

You are a troll. :ROFLOL:

_Scar

Since when is California known for it's aquariums by the ocean? Is it? I really don't know.

Poor Ariel... trapped in an aquarium. Reminds me of the odd and off putting eding of Happy Feet.

I actually think with Walt they can let a lot of Claifornia only themes slip away and let some new additions slip in without even a thought.

jt04

Since when is California known for it's aquariums by the ocean? Is it? I really don't know.

Poor Ariel... trapped in an aquarium. Reminds me of the odd and off putting eding of Happy Feet.

I actually think with Walt they can let a lot of Claifornia only themes slip away and let some new additions slip in without even a thought.

Seaside aquariums popped up as the "roadside attraction" craze was happening.

I agree 100% with the statetment I bolded. And there are very specific plans to do just that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom