New FL area will be called Fantasy Forest

_Scar

Are they going to be good to great attractions? Yes

Are they loose fits? Yes.

Good enough for me.

Exactly.

And for an analogy of sorts:

Try and put a Muppet dark ride in DAK and the fans will freak out. Yes, you can say that some Muppets are animals; yet DAK isn't in such a crisis mode where they need to be reaching out for a wider range of themes.

DCA is/was themeatically... *gulp* great (at least in the beginning. I mean, Superstar Limo is SO California, but does that make it a great attraction... :lol:)

The problem, in my eyes, is that it doesn't draw crowds, it isn't very "Disney", and it's next to Walt's park. That's enough to make any remotely obbsessed Disney fan to freak out. Enough to want more themeing flexibility in a once all California park.

jt04

Are they going to be good to great attractions? Yes

Are they loose fits? Yes.

Good enough for me.

I'm not just saying this but if they complete the Walt overlay in the manner I have heard is planned then the park will be incredibly cohesive and light years ahead of it's original design.

I just think (pure hunch) the family might have reservations about it. I just don't see the justification if they do. It seems to me to be a great and well thought out concept. Respectful too.

sponono88

well.. I was going to reply to some of the concerns about DCAs theme, but um, most of you have never ever been there so what's the point?! Does it even matter?

really, I don't understand why this discussion is relevant. Most of you here have never been to, and probably will never visit DCA in your lifetime. Why are you all so passionate about the park? it seems like the discussion automatically switches to DCA when there is nothing new to discuss about the new FL... odd :lol:

as for the California theme.. it is here to stay. everything at the Blue Sky Cellar points to that fact. Everything from the video which talks about Walt's early days in Los Angeles, to the Carsland poster which describes about the Route 66/ California connection. (a land that, according to Disney, will feature the biggest attraction they've ever built.) The vineyard/winery, Grizzly Peak, proposed Hollywoodland, seaside pier, Pacific Wharf.. everything leads back to the California theme.

Buena Vista Street is described as the following. this alone confirms that they are not shying away from the CA theme (and i'm personally glad about that):
The new entrance to the Park, this is 1920s Los Angeles as Walt Disney experienced it... the charming shops and enterprising merchants, the tantalizing restaurants, the grand Carthay Circle Theatre, and the jaunty Red Car Trolley to take you where you want to go. Buena Vista Street is a reflection of the energy, optimism, personality and stories of the hundreds of thousands of immigrants from across the country and around the world who came to California with just pennies in their pocket, but with a wealth of dreams.

_Scar

well.. I was going to reply to some of the concerns about DCAs theme, but um, most of you have never ever been there so what's the point?! Does it even matter?

really, I don't understand why this discussion is relevant. Most of you here have never been to, and probably will never visit DCA in your lifetime. Why are you all so passionate about the park? it seems like the discussion automatically switches to DCA when there is nothing new to discuss about the new FL... odd :lol:

as for the California theme.. it is here to stay. everything at the Blue Sky Cellar points to that fact. Everything from the video which talks about Walt's early days in Los Angeles, to the Carsland poster which describes about the Route 66/ California connection. (a land that, according to Disney, will feature the biggest attraction they've ever built.) The vineyard/winery, Grizzly Peak, proposed Hollywoodland, seaside pier, Pacific Wharf.. everything leads back to the California theme.

Buena Vista Street is described as the following. this alone confirms that they are not shying away from the CA theme (and i'm personally glad about that):

Who are you to say that? Are you serious? That's very rude. I'm planning on visitng DLR within my lifetime thank you very much, and I don't need you to make false assumptions about me.

We get it's going to DCA. Yes, thank you. It just loosely fits the intended direction of the park. I guess you could even say Route 66 loosely fits... since y'know... it isn't all in California. You have to deal with other people's opinions. Just because we discuss a park doesn't mean we are infatuated with it. It's actually very far from infatuation.

You also need to understand DCA is getting the first AA. It will be brought up multiple times. That is something you also must deal with.

Please read my posts before this pertaining to this subject. Specifically the DAK analogy.

sponono88

Who are you to say that? Are you serious? That's very rude. I'm planning on visitng DLR within my lifetime thank you very much, and I don't need you to make false assumptions about me.

We get it's going to DCA. Yes, thank you. It just loosely fits the intended direction of the park. I guess you could even say Route 66 loosely fits... since y'know... it isn't all in California. You have to deal with other people's opinions. Just because we discuss a park doesn't mean we are infatuated with it. It's actually very far from infatuation.

You also need to understand DCA is getting the first AA. It will be brought up multiple times. That is something you also must deal with.

Please read my posts before this pertaining to this subject. Specifically the DAK analogy.

Um, Route 66 is a highway. It went from Chicago all the way to Los Angeles.. it was the main highway for people who were heading to California.

my post wasn't directed at you specifically. and I made no mention of you being infatuated.. I said people here were very passionate when it comes to DCA discussions. passionate. adjective: having or expressing strong emotions. and your posts prove that

_Scar

Um, Route 66 is a highway. It went from Chicago all the way to Los Angeles.. it was the main highway for people who were heading to California.

my post wasn't directed at you specifically. and I made no mention of you being infatuated.. I said people here were very passionate when it comes to DCA discussions. passionate. adjective: having or expressing strong emotions. and your posts prove that

Route 66 is displayed at DCA as souvenir stores that are in towns on Route 66, which as you said connects from Chicago. All those towns, including Radiator Springs, is not all in California. Whatever. It's clear you or my opinions will not change on this.

I'm VERY passionate about my discussions. Infatuation is being enthralled with something so much that you might overlook its flaws because of it. IMO you are.

SirGoofy

Infatuation is being enthralled with something so much that you might overlook its flaws because of it. IMO you are.

Same can be said about some people here and the Fantasyland expansion.

It's a two way street, and nothing will ever be perfect for everyone.

captain marvel1

in regards to the route 66 comment

scar is sincere. ive read hundreds of his or her posts. he or she made no gestures toward anybody. im from california i was born their and i think scar made a logical point. at the end of the day or begining you just got to take a deep breath and not let it get to you.

sponono88

Route 66 is displayed at DCA as souvenir stores that are in towns on Route 66, which as you said connects from Chicago. All those towns, including Radiator Springs, is not all in California. Whatever. It's clear you or my opinions will not change on this.

I'm VERY passionate about my discussions. Infatuation is being enthralled with something so much that you might overlook its flaws because of it. IMO you are.

route 66 represents the road that leads to the golden state. the migration westward. whether or not the road is located entirely in CA doesn't really matter. it's the destination that is key.

I have never said the park has zero flaws. No Disney park is without flaws. I know the park and its history, it's strengths and weaknesses, and how it was grown in the past few years. It's difficult to discuss DCA in detail with someone who hasn't experienced the park first hand. That was my point from the beginning :shrug:

scar is sincere. ive read hundreds of his or her posts. he or she made no gestures toward anybody. im from california i was born their and i think scar made a logical point. at the end of the day or begining you just got to take a deep breath and not let it get to you.

new member: thank you for pointing out that Scar is sincere.

_Scar

route 66 represents the road that leads to the golden state. the migration westward. whether or not the road is located entirely in CA doesn't really matter. it's the destination that is key.

I have never said the park has zero flaws. No Disney park is without flaws. I know the park and its history, it's strengths and weaknesses, and how it was grown in the past few years. It's difficult to discuss DCA in detail with someone who hasn't experienced the park first hand. That was my point from the beginning :shrug:

new member: thank you for pointing out that Scar is sincere.

Sorry, I misinterpreted that then. Although I may bash these DCA additions because of the loose feel, I still think after all the rides are in place DCA will be worthy of being next to Disneyland. I think they got the right people in there to give the people what they wanted. I also respect where you are coming from. Try and diss DAK and I will defend it, like you defend DCA. :lol: Although it was pointed out me being sincere, I also think you are sincere in your arguments. It all boils down to perspective and whatever floats your boat.

Now.... about Fantasyland.... errr..... ummm.... lol

sponono88

Sorry, I misinterpreted that then. Although I may bash these DCA additions because of the loose feel, I still think after all the rides are in place DCA will be worthy of being next to Disneyland. I think they got the right people in there to give the people what they wanted. I also respect where you are coming from. Try and diss DAK and I will defend it, like you defend DCA. :lol: Although it was pointed out me being sincere, I also think you are sincere in your arguments. It all boils down to perspective and whatever floats your boat.

Now.... about Fantasyland.... errr..... ummm.... lol

I have family/friends who work at the park and I've been visiting since 2001 when it first opened. Despite some of the criticism it has received, the park has sentimental value to me. It's also worth nothing that most of the criticism was aimed at the park as it looked like 8 years ago. The park has changed as far as attraction count and park size. Things that didn't work were removed, things were added, and in the coming years many more things will come with the expansion.

as for Carsland.. you can also think of it this way: Carsland can represent the areas outside of CA (like Arizona).. and the main road located in the middle of the land will lead you back out to the rest of the park (California) kinda like the real Route 66.

The only problem I have with calling it "Fantasy Forest" is that Cinderella's chateau, Belle's Cottage, The Little Mermaid, and Dumbo's Circus areas don't fit into a forest theme. If they want to keep the 7 lands thing I say they make the hub a land and name it The Hub. Problem solved.:shrug:

SirGoofy

The only problem I have with calling it "Fantasy Forest" is that Cinderella's chateau, Belle's Cottage, The Little Mermaid, and Dumbo's Circus areas don't fit into a forest theme. If they want to keep the 7 lands thing I say they make the hub a land and name it The Hub. Problem solved.:shrug:

But...there's nothing in the Hub other than the Partners Statue.

But...there's nothing in the Hub other than the Partners Statue.
Which is an attraction in it's self. And they can make the stageshow a hub attraction rather than a Fantasyland one. I always felt that Fantasyland was started in the castle. And both parades go through the hub. Btw I'm thriled to be speaking to you. I've been a lurker for a while and it feels like i'm speaking to royalty.:king:

SirGoofy

Which is an attraction in it's self. And they can make the stageshow a hub attraction rather than a Fantasyland one. I always felt that Fantasyland was started in the castle. And both parades go through the hub.

True, but I just don't know if there's enough to justify it being a completely separate land.

Btw I'm thriled to be speaking to you. I've been a lurker for a while and it feels like i'm speaking to royalty.:king:

Whoa! Well, I'm honored, but I'm not that great.:lol:

Welcome to the boards!:wave:

SirGoofy

But you are a Jungle Cruise skipper, right?? That is great!

It's an honor in my eyes that I get to entertain people in possibly the most famous Disney park role. Making the magic is the best thing I could possibly ever do.

The Hub can be the equivalent to The Oasis in AK...

Yea, I get what you're getting at, but the Oasis goes all the way to the entrance. Basically The Oasis is DAK's Main Street.

_Scar

I've been a lurker for a while and it feels like i'm speaking to royalty.:king:

I'm not royalty here, maybe just a first class poster thou-:eek: crap....

:lookaroun:cry:

Sirgoofy is just some slumdog who lives on a boat! What's he got that I don't have? A job?! :cry:

Anywho, The Oasis is DAK's Main Street. I don't the hub would work as a land... I mean there's nothing really there. I hope they just leave the Fantasyland name alone, and just make the FF a subland with FL overall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom