New Fantasyland, I have a problem

Turtle

Original Poster
I'm grateful for a new expansion to the Magic Kingdom but I'm kind of disappointed. We've waited 5 years (when the Mine train finishes) for this expansion and in the end, we only get two d-ticket attractions and a great restaurant. It's a bit odd to not get e-ticket with a 5 year expansion.

I would be fine if they added in a dark ride of Beauty and the Beast also, but that didn't happen.

How do you feel? I love Disney and I'm excited for the new expansion, but I think they should've done a lot more considering how long we've waited.

luv

Agreed.

We gain the Mermaid thing, but lost SWSA. The GG is just a re-theme. Dumbo was doubled.

Assuming they open this Mine Train thing, we will be up one ride, plus half a Dumbo. At least they didn't just give us half a Dumbo, plus food and M&Gs, which was the original plan.

I'm eager to see the new section and will certainly try BOG, but it isn't like a lot of entertainment was gained here.

I wonder how much they've spent so far for the gain of half a dumbo. I hate to even think about it. Yikes.

ImagineerDude

I think I like Disney better than the competition not because of thrilling/immersive E Tickets, but the visual eye candy. Eric's castle looks 10 times more stunning than Splash, Big Thunder, Test Track, and RnRC. And let's not forget, 7DMT is HUGE!!! I am very thankful for all of this, you could still have just Toontown and a 40 year old Fantasyland. I am very excited too!

Gomer

I get that an E ticket would be nice. But honestly, if this expansion results in me not wanting to shoot myself due to the crowds when walking through fantasyland at 3 pm it will be well worth whatever time and money was speant. They desperately needed to add some capacity to that section of the park.

Good theming and a couple of new rides will just be a bonus.

DisneyJunkie

I kinda/sorta agree. I don't really see the point in Belle's village, or having a second Dumbo, and basically what you'll have with Little Mermaid is something similar to The Seas w/Nemo (albeit with much better animatronics)......the wait and see on the e-ticket attraction is the Seven Dwarves Mine Train. Will it be slow and lame, or will it have some pep to it that lifts it just above being something piddly like Mad Tea Cups? Disney is terrific on theming, whether it's a land or an attraction, but so far what I'm seeing with the New Fantasyland is more of an emphasis on theming than creating unique and beloved attractions.

Mr.Skunkape

Last time I checked World Showcase in Epcot has no E ticket rides yet many people like that area. WDW does not have to have thrill rides on every corner to bring in its guest.

DisneyJunkie

Last time I checked World Showcase in Epcot has no E ticket rides yet many people like that area. WDW does not have to have thrill rides on every corner to bring in its guest.

Where is it written an e-ticket ride has to be a "thrill ride"? POTC was once considered an e-ticket, and there's no thrill there (not that I don't love it just the same).

Jason21783

Fantasyland is an area that can be enjoyed by all guests, but its aimed more for younger kids. The M&G, double Dumbo, play area and Mermaid all fit that bill. And Fantasyland is an area that draws the most traffic, so it only makes sense to expand it. At first I wasn't overly excited with the new attractions, but maybe its not entirely aimed at our demo. The detailing looks amazing and I can't wait to experience it. And it also can't be argued that the MK needs better dining options, and The BOG restaurant is the most exciting aspect of all to me. Also, I think the 7 Dwarfs is going to be a lot more impressive than people are giving it credit for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom