New Fantasyland, I have a problem

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The dining option at BOG is overlooked by a lot of people. It may not be a ride, but still looks amazing and services an important need. MK is the most crowded park most days and has the least dining options for quality food. EPCOT has the most with world showcase. At MK you had a few options, but you really needed to leave and go to the monorail resorts for variety. It's nice to have another nice dinner option in the park. Even the lunch menu looks unique even for the kids meals. BOG will be the most elaborately themed quick service lunch restaurant on property and will be one of the top themed dinner restaurants as well.

This expansion was never meant to be a Carsland sized project. The expansion primarily added additional capacity to the most crowded area of the park by giving us double dumbo and the fast loading LM ride plus the mine coaster. Sure they could have expanded more or added an "e ticket" or 2, but I think both AK and DHS desperately need more attention than MK so I would rather see new e-tickets added there. The MK is already hard to do in 2 days if you want to hit every ride plus the parades and shows plus spend some time in the shops on main street.

53Herbie

I think it looks amazing, however looks like we lost Mickey's hous for a circus tent. I'm not impressed with the use of land in the circus area. I was ok with the destruction of toontown when we where told it was being replaced with Pixie Hollow, but what I see is a splash area that we already had in Ariel's Grotto, and some souvenir tents.
Sorry Mickey, I know it all started with a Mouse but I guess you don't need a place to live.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I think it looks amazing, however looks like we lost Mickey's hous for a circus tent. I'm not impressed with the use of land in the circus area. I was ok with the destruction of toontown when we where told it was being replaced with Pixie Hollow, but what I see is a splash area that we already had in Ariel's Grotto, and some souvenir tents.
Sorry Mickey, I know it all started with a Mouse but I guess you don't need a place to live.
Mickey actually lives in California.

RonAnnArbor

The Little Mermaid attraction is considered an "E ticket" along the lines of POTC and THM...Mine RIde was never intended to be an E-ticket -- it was added after the original retheming to add an extra attraction...and the entire Fantasyland Expansion wasn't meant in any way to be a E-ticket attraction -- it was designed to spread the crowds out a bit more in Fantasyland, and to give them a new major eatery that brings in big big amounts of cash, fulfilling the complaints that there weren't enough places for quality meals in the Magic Kingdom.

Turtle

Original Poster
I have one question, why do people say Tomorrowland needs a refurb?
Am I the only one who doesn't see something, haha.

I love it how it is, but I'd love to see something replace The Laugh Floor (Moved to Pixar Place in DHS) and a change in the Stitch attraction.

FrankLapidus

Its what I expected when I first head of a Fantasyland expansion; something modest that would look great. My expectations were never huge but I really disliked the original plans where the expansion, apart from TLM and the restaurant, was an elaborate meet-and-greet area. As nice as the artwork looked, it would have alienated a large demographic I thought because not everyone wants to sit and make birthday cards for Sleeping Beauty. I'm happy with the coaster and look forward to that but, generally, I'm happy with the expansion as it is now. The two new rides will be nice additions, if not spectacular, and its a little bit more to do when I visit the Magic Kingdom.

luv

I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining. What I can see looks good. I'm not a huge fan of all the red in that dumbo area, but it is cute. I think the rest of it will look even better. I am not expecting to be overwhelmed or anything, but I am eager to walk through it when it opens. These overhead shots, while very cool, aren't doing it for me. I want to walk through and see everything, then walk through again and take in details.

Despite everyone not loving the Mermaid thing in DL, I'm eager to ride that. Ariel is an amazing character in what is arguably the best Disney movie ever. It's certainly way up near the top if not THE best. She deserved a ride all her own. It doesn't need to be a thrill ride. Haunted Mansion isn't and I still love it. :)

Be Our Guest's menu looks a little frou-frou. That's good for the park. There is nothing frou-frou there now. It isn't really my thing, but I'm going to order kid food or the pork if they won't give me kid food. When people want to eat at the Brown Derby, i am able to do that. The staff there lets me get kid food. :) I will go at least once and be happy to do it. :)

The play area is cute and the little kids seem to enjoy it. The M&G...they are what they are...and also good for little kids.

It's just that when you look at actual RIDE entertainment gained...we're still only up half a Dumbo.

I had high hopes for the MT, but am taking a "We'll see" approach now. I'll be thrilled if it is a good ride when it opens...assuming it does. :)

rufio

It would've been fantastic to see a villain e-ticket or candy/fire mountain.

No clue what candy mountain is in reference too, but I immediately thought of this guy:

charlieunicorn.jpg

alissafalco

I really love everything I am seeing in the new FLE except the lack of rides. I do feel they should have made Casey's an actual train ride that goes around all of the circus area like they have in DL. This could have added another ride and kept kids dry and clean. I also think a BatB ride would have been great or at least enhance Beasts castle so you could see more of the inside. They could have had a castle tour inside that ends at the restaurant ball room. Something like the tour inside Harry Potters castle but Beasts room etc.. That would have been a nice touch.

raven

One word: Fantasyland. E-tickets are rare here. Even if they added a B&B ride it too would be less than E. The new land focuses on highly emersive theming. And remember that the 7DMR wasn't in the original plan, which is why the wait for it will be longer.

The Empress Lilly

The Fantasyland Reclamation Project gives us an undersea and Snow White ride in exchange for an undersea and Snow White ride. :shrug:

Agreed. It would have been better with another headliner. However, the original had a meet n greet instead of the mine train so you could look at it like the glass as half full instead of half empty.
...but this original plan kept Snow White. So the revised plan is one classic dark ride for a kiddie coaster.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
The Fantasyland Reclamation Project gives us an undersea and Snow White ride in exchange for an undersea and Snow White ride. :shrug:

...but this original plan kept Snow White. So the revised plan is one classic dark ride for a kiddie coaster.

Spin it any way you want. An unbiased person can't really think the old snow white is equal to the mine train.

The Empress Lilly

An unbiased person can't really think the old snow white is equal to the mine train.
That remains to be seen. Personally, I think there is a tremendous amount of magic in classic FL rides. It is the essential Disney experience to me. Whereas I have never ridden a kiddie coaster I enjoyed.

Also, there are a lot of people who are simply incapable of riding the 7DMC. One of my sister's and mine favourite rides was SW. We always did it together. Since she had a traffic accident, she can't do coasters. We'll never ride SW again.
And my mother will be too old, and my new niece can't yet ride it for a while. Gonna be fun, I might end up doing Snow White, our family favourite, on my own.

RonAnnArbor

I think people are somehow over-estimating the "coaster" part of the mine ride -- it's a tracking system similar to what they use for Casey's train in DL and DLP, only the actual "vehicle" is somewhat modified for the ride. This isn't an e-ticket coaster -- it's a slow-moving dips-and-valleys-and-curves smooth ride through a themed background area...it isn't a huge "coaster"...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom