New Fantasyland, I have a problem

Lucky

I may not like every detail - it would have been nice to keep Snow White, and move M&M's country houses somewhere else in WDW instead of to the landfill. But overall FLE is a huge plus - the expansion adds enormously in space and theming. Sure, it won't appeal equally to everybody, but what does?

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I think people are looking for the same wow factor that Carsland delivers at FLE and it's just not going to happen. Yes, it's a great addition but set you sights a little lower than CL and you'll be fine. If TDO thinks that MK is going to get the same pop as DCA did with CL (or Uni got with HP), they're going to be disappointed.

Beholder

I think people are looking for the same wow factor that Carsland delivers at FLE and it's just not going to happen. Yes, it's a great addition but set you sights a little lower than CL and you'll be fine. If TDO thinks that MK is going to get the same pop as DCA did with CL (or Uni
got with HP), they're going to be disappointed.

I agree, but the two projects were designed to address two different issues. Carsland was for an attendance problem at DCA and FLE is for crowd dispersal, at least that's how I understand it. I'm not expecting the same "wow" factor (though it would've be nice!), but I am expecting loads of detail and great theming. That's not the same as a few new rides or attractions, but I'm looking forward to the finished product. And who knows, maybe it'll pave the way for a few more, much needed, projects...?

Lucky

I think people are looking for the same wow factor that Carsland delivers at FLE and it's just not going to happen. Yes, it's a great addition but set you sights a little lower than CL and you'll be fine. If TDO thinks that MK is going to get the same pop as DCA did with CL (or Uni got with HP), they're going to be disappointed.
Yes, if they stop with this there'll understandably be a lot of disappointment before long. But I'm willing to give them a few years to implement more of the BSC in WDW.

Turtle

Original Poster
Well for Tomorrowland I think it's the rides that are the issues not the theming and atmosphere in my opinion.

PurpleRose

Tomorrowland needs a complete overhaul, in my opinion. I think that Monster's Inc would do better in DHS. Stitch just needs to go. I'm not naive enough to say that they should bring back Alien Encounter (we all know that it would be incredible but never gonna happen) but something better absolutely needs to go there.

I, for one, am incredibly happy with the Fantasyland expansion. I'll probably spend a great deal of time in the Beauty and the Beast area (my favorite).

raven

True, and if they should redo Tomorrowland again, they need to make sure it stays within the theme. The Speedway - which should be torn out but won't be - has nothing to do with the theme of tomorrow or the future, nor does the Monster Inc Laugh Floor. And it seems everything that goes in the space where Stitch is now is one poor attraction after another (this current one the worst yet).

Lilo & Stitch is set in present day Hawaii (just has scenes in space), Monsters Inc is a different dimention (not the future), and although I like Buzz, it's still a toy in the movie. So yes, change is needed.

Turtle

Original Poster
Lilo & Stitch is set in present day Hawaii (just has scenes in space), Monsters Inc is a different dimention (not the future), and although I like Buzz, it's still a toy in the movie. So yes, change is needed.

I like the Buzz ride :) but maybe a refurb taking out all the toy references so it isn't themed to him as a toy but rather a space ranger like in TV Show.

George Lucas on a Bench

To be honest, I experienced no "wow factor" from the Cars land. An example of truly wowing me is Harry Potter. Aside from a major attraction, the Fantasyland expansion is a lot like Potter. There's immersive theming, a forced-perspective castle on a mountain, themed dining, interactive stuff similar to Ollivander's and even a tavern likely serving Butterbeer type drinks. But I'm just not getting the same feelings from it. I really think it needed a serious E Ticket.

gonnichi

I am very excited to see the new fantasyland expansion. The exteriors are amazing, I will enjoy walking around that area alot. As for the interiors I am not impressed at all. I will be very disapointed with the BatB ballroom since it has no vaulted or domed ceiling. I will go and eat there to see it once and probablly not return.The LIttle Mermaid ride is to short and boring if it is the same as the one in CA. I have no interest in meet and greets. The mine train wil not have enough show scenes in it from what i have heard and has been shortened. The Circus area will look nice but have nothing for me to do. The fun of flying with dumbo at the old location was that you got to fly by and see the castle and the carousel as well as all of fantasyland, now all u see is the dumbo tent, another dumbo ride and trees.

J03Y

it's a little too early to be complaining isn't it?

and you know what? who cares? who gives a flying flook about whether it's a e-ticket or d-ticket? it's about the experience, not whether it's quality. and we should be happy that these movies are even getting this much recognition after two decades of their release. they're going to attract people who love the movies, and from what i've seen so far, that's, oh, pretty much 95% of the world's population. let's stop complaining and enjoy what they're giving us, because it's going to be amazing despite if the select few snobby critics here disagree.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
it's a little too early to be complaining isn't it?

Based on the number of posts complaing about Avatarland, I would say the answer to this is no, it's not to early. ;)

BTW, the next major thing coming to WDW, I hate it, it's cheap, tacky, poorly themed, doesn't fit in Disney, is a waste of space, doesn't fit the theme of the land it is going into, should have been based on a different movie, should have been in a differnt park, has to much space devoted to a M&G and I refuse to visit it. Just wanted to get that out of the way before they announce anything. ;)

Mickey_777

We enjoyed the Little Mermaid attraction out at DCA and I think many will be suprised how much they like it at MK. I think the Snow White mine coaster will be fantastic. I just it would open sooner. And Maurice's Cottage/M&G on steroids looks very promising after the video they posted recently. I'm the type that'd pay (maybe $25) to just to walk around the park and take photos even with no access to rides. I think FLE will very rich in that aspect. There should be lots of eye candy and spots just to sit and take it all in or people watch. The signage and details...even the the distinct trash cans and logos on the vending carts. I'm into all that crap LOL :p

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
To be honest, I experienced no "wow factor" from the Cars land. An example of truly wowing me is Harry Potter. Aside from a major attraction, the Fantasyland expansion is a lot like Potter. There's immersive theming, a forced-perspective castle on a mountain, themed dining, interactive stuff similar to Ollivander's and even a tavern likely serving Butterbeer type drinks. But I'm just not getting the same feelings from it. I really think it needed a serious E Ticket.

Amazing to me you're not wowed by Carsland. It's an exact replica of the movie. I can't tell you how many times I sat and watched Cars and said to myself, that would be pretty cool to visit RS and POW!, there it is. I was floored by the detail. Just my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom